JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TCL Roku remote codes for 55S525

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: TCL Roku remote codes for 55S525 Reply with quote

Thanks to the work of SeeThor I was able to update labels some button functions for my TV the 55S525.
I am still hunting for codes that would be straight up numbers.

I uploaded the RMDU file here. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25850
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight up numbers are completely useless on roku tv's. For now, Hisense is releasing a roku tv remote in the UK with number keys. But until roku releases an update so the roku would accept those commands, they just won't work. Roku tv's respond for the majority of their commands from remotes 20 and 30 years old, those remotes all have number keypads but are still useless on roku tv's.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, what would you use the numeric buttons for, if you had them? Does your TV also have an antenna mode?
mattbatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does have an antenna and with so many useless local channels it's a bit of a pain to scroll through. I can obviously delete the 40 religious channels and the 6 foreign language channels but they will just pop up again when the FCC moves a frequency AGAIN!!
Thanks for the replies.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to test the gap OBC codes to see if you can find the numeric buttons or any other secret functions that might exist? I can help you with that if you want to go fishing.
mattbatt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean fill in successive numbers to see if anything happens?
I can do that but the only way I currently have to do that is by assigning buttons uploading to my remote and pushing every one of them.
Is there some other way like a smart button that just increments the code on every press, or an IR transmitter hooked up to software?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old days, you had to test each gap OBC by tapping the SETUP button then typing in the 3 digit (or 5 digit) EFC. The easy way to test them now is to create dummy upgrades where all the buttons are programmed using the gap OBCs, then test each button and if you find one that does something, go back to your RMDU file to see what the OBC is.

Last edited by The Robman on Wed May 20, 2020 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbatt, see this thread (in particular the last post) for "war dialing". In short, the program IrMaster implements a "war dialer", even with note taking. Just press a button and watch, pause and write notes in a notes editor. Unfortunately, IrMaster is discontinued, but still works and can be downloaded from my website.

The successor IrScrutinizer implements this method for testing "holes" in the list in a list of commands.

In both cases you need a connected IR sender. A handhold remote will not do, not even a JP1.
mattbatt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look like what I was thinking of. Unfortunately I have since gotten myself elbow deep in OpenWRT code trying to learn how and why things are working or not working. So while I really do appreciate your reply my brain can't even handle the one thing right now and I don't think I can add another. I'm going to come back to this though Smile The impetus for this BTW is that we have parental controls on the TV and sometimes you need to enter the code while the kids are present. Doing it on an onscreen keyboard is just stupid. Currently I'm opening the Roku remote to enter the code, having a numpad would make a whole lot more sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: