JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how do I get started with Xsight Touch / URC-8603
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first priority should be to test the RMIR file I created, because if there are IR versions of all those buttons, that's how we'll find them. The learns that I posted where only for if the search comes up empty, so you don't need to worry about them yet.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so I have to use the RMIR you posted and test all buttons in each decice on the remote to see what they do? where did you put the buttons that cause problems now?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tajvdz wrote:
ok, so I have to use the RMIR you posted and test all buttons in each device on the remote to see what they do?

Yes, I created about 5 (I think) new upgrades that use the same protocol as the main upgrade, but the buttons use all the button codes that haven't been used yet. If you find a button that does something, try it again to double check what it does, then report back here, something like:

test3, rewind button = GUIDE

tajvdz wrote:
where did you put the buttons that cause problems now?

Huh? Which buttons cause problems?
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Huh? Which buttons cause problems?

The buttons I mentioned last week that are Rf only and where I created macros for. On the Original remote they work much better, especially DVR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what this test is for, to see if you can find them. Do you get the concept of what we're doing here? Your device uses remote signals that have a protocol and device codes, then each button uses an OBC (original button code). Each typical remote signal supports up to 256 possible OBCs. What I did was take all the OBCs from 0 thru 255, then remove the ones where we know what they do, which just leaves the rest. Then I programmed them into 5 separate upgrades and loaded them into an RMIR file. You should now load this RMIR file into your remote and test each button in front of your device, making a note of each button that does something. It would be super cool if we find IR versions of some of the buttons that everyone thinks are RF only.

And even if we don't, I might be able to magic up some "combo" learned signals which replicate them, if there are macro equivalents.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested all 5 but only one button worked:

test1, 0 = 0

That was all...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's disappointing, so I guess those functions really are RF only.

So, can any of the other RF only functions be re-created by 2 button presses, like GUIDE can?

Ok, so now to try those learns that I generated for you. I have copy/pasted them into an RMIR file for you. There are 3 learns, on the SOFT1-3 buttons under dev1. See if any of them invoke the GUIDE function.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25867
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Dev1 present on the remote. If I look into the Rmir there is also no device on the General tab. On the Learned Signals tab I see Guide 1, Guide 2 and Guide 3. How can I use them?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert with the Xsights, and I did wonder about that myself. Maybe if you add any upgrade to the RMIR file that will establish a new device button, then re-assign the 3 learns to that device mode?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added the Ziggo back as an upgrade, so hopefully the 3 soft buttons will be active now
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the download is a mdu file now. I don't know how to add this to thev rmir file.[ so better is to give me a file that is ready to upload right away..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I grabbed the wrong file, try now
tajvdz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this one. All 3 buttons do the`same. They only do the menu function. The macro i made is menu followed by ok.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these learns are supposed to be MENU followed by OK, it sounds like I need to build more dead time in between the two halves.

Btw, #2 and 3 are repeating, which means if you hold them down, they'll keep sending OK.

Here's a new test file with another attempt, if this one doesn't do anything, it's probably not worth doing much more with this learn approach.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25867
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the test2 file again and indeed if I keep the soft button pressed it works. From test2 I think button 2 works the best. button 3 doesn't work all the time. test3 with button 4 the same as button 3 but i think it works a bit less. Overall my macro for Guide gives a better result. DVR also works but the menu is a bit slow sometimes so with the macro the menu hasn't loaded when the next function comes. I still think it is a shame that they made these buttons RF only…
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: