JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All Contour-8 URC-1280
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realised that we have an "AV" button, so wouldn't that usually be used to select the input source? Maybe we should just call it "Misc" or something? Anyway, I think it was intended to jump a TV back to the TV RF source rather than having to go through a list of AV/HDMI inputs. If so, it's a bit of a legacy option only relevant to those who are actually using the RF input, e.g. Freeview.

I suppose it could be used to jump to "Live TV" as opposed to any other source.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-named it as Live_TV
Monkfish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I think that is as close as possible to its intention.
Monkfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm using RemoteMaster some of the device buttons on this remote (Hi-Fi, MP3 & DVB-T) don't appear under the Device Type dropdown menu in RM. Does this matter and if not, how do I set a device to one of these buttons? Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Device Type" and "Device Button" are two different things. In RM you only select the device type, but in RMIR you assign your upgrade to a device button.
Monkfish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay. Thanks Rob. I'm having to familiarise myself with everything again. It's been quite a few years since I did all this stuff before. Getting old Rolling Eyes
Monkfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask what the Dev8 & Dev10 devices are and how I can access them? Maybe they will allow me to get around the fact that I need 9 devices Rolling Eyes
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are what we call phantom device buttons, basically they put a 10-remote inside an 8-device remote's body. To use them, first program them like normal and then use macros to access them using the phantom device buttons. If you want to add dedicated device buttons, you will first need to identify 2 buttons that you don't need for anything else, then program a macro to each of them where the only step in the macro is the dev8 or dev10 device button.

Alternatively, you can use shifted buttons for the 2 new device buttons. I don't recall if we established if this remote allows macros on shifted device buttons, but that might be a good choice.
Monkfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there likely to be a key move limit to this Contour-8 remote? I have an upgrade that requires 18 key moves, but two of them are not listed in the output section of RemoteMaster. I was wondering if there could be a limit of 16 key moves per device upgrade?

Addendum: if I delete two key moves and then redefine the missing ones, they still don't appear. So for some reason RemoteMaster just isn't creating these two key moves. If however I add the key moves manually in RMIR then they do work. I have no idea why RemoteMaster is refusing to create them.

Here is the upgrade file in question...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25832
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually tested the upgrade to see whether the functions that you put on shift/Menu and shift/Info work? To get the keycode for a shifted button, you add 0x80 to the unshifted keycode. The keycodes for Menu and Info are 0x14 and 0x15, so the shifted keycodes are 0x94 and 0x95. If you look in the RDF at the [ButtonMaps] section, you'll see that $94 and $95 are both included. So, the reason why RM doesn't generate keymoves is because it doesn't have to, it can include the functions in the main upgrade. As further proof, if you look at the hex codes for the 2 functions in question, you'll see them in the main upgrade code.
Monkfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I tested the codes on regular (unshifted) buttons and they worked fine. However, I haven't tested the shifted codes directly. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the info Smile
Monkfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it would seem that these two buttons don't work shifted under any upgrade.

What I did was to set up a function that I knew worked on one of my TVs and set that to every shifted button on the remote (with no unshifted buttons defined). I then went through pressing every shifted button on the remote to see which buttons operated the function and which didn't. They all operated the function apart from Menu & Info. But these two buttons do work fine unshifted.

Again, RemoteMaster created a key move for all the buttons on the remote apart from these two buttons.

Can I just delete 0x94 & 0x95 in the ButtonMaps section of the RDF?
Monkfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I deleted those two codes from the RDF file, and that seems to have fixed the problem. I have to save all my upgrades under the new RDF file however, otherwise RMIR uses the codes from the existing RDF file for the other upgrade devices. I will do that after lunch.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just delete those codes from the button maps, everything that comes after them will be shifted into the wrong position, I think you'd need to replace them with a meaningless code, like $FE perhaps.
Monkfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I just found that out. Correcting now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: