JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No Remote Found when trying to upload
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sti491

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No intent to waste anyone’s time, for sure. Never received an update notice, nor realized I needed to look for one.

Appreciate the advice very much. Just to verify, what is the latest version, do I just load it on top of this one?

Any risk of losing my saved files?

Thank you again for the help and sorry for causing the frustration, I did not know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the File Section link at the top of this page, then go to Tools > Main and select "RM/RMIR (latest copy)", that'll take you to SourceForge where you can download the latest version (which is v2.09 build6).

When we create new versions of any of our tools, we post announcements in the Software forum. We don't expect regular folk to upgrade immediately if they're happy using their current version, but if you're having problems getting a tool to work, we do expect that the first step should be to get the latest copy, just in case whatever issue you're having has been fixed in a more recent copy.

In your case, not only is v2.03 several versions behind v2.09, but you're not even using an official release, you're using an "alpha" version which is much more likely to have problems. We're not saying that your old version has contributed to your problems, but it's best to eliminate it as a possibility.

Anyway, if you had already got to the point where RM was running and was just asking for you to set the libraries (ie, for maps, RDFs, etc) you should be pretty close to getting it up and running.
sti491

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is with GREAT appreciation to Barf, The Robman, Mdavej and others who read and helped with my latest JP1 hurdle, that I am THRILLED to report: IT'S FIXED! Smile

Downloading the latest version was the answer. I'll note that I still got the Apple security warnings to start, but after going to security settings, then selecting it as an exception to open all is smooth.

YAY!!! Thank you all so much.

Between JP1 success and Google Home voice commands I'm feeling right sporty!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Follow the File Section link at the top of this page, then go to Tools > Main and select "RM/RMIR (latest copy)", that'll take you to SourceForge where you can download the latest version (which is v2.09 build6).

Let me add that there is a menu entry Help -> Check for updates that checks if your version is the current one. (has not always been reliable, but appears to be working now. Except that this very moment, for me, it doesn't (HTTP error 503 (service not available)), sourceforge... Crying or Very sad ).

For IrScrutinizer, there is a "Check for Updates" unter Tools, and I just put checking for updates at start on the TODO-list.

@The Robman (and others): We should really have a Wiki page on debugging this problem and a checklist.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
@The Robman (and others): We should really have a Wiki page on debugging this problem and a checklist.

That's the beauty of wiki, anyone can do it, just ask me for a userid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: