JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TaoTronics TT-SK017 Soundbar need input codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: TaoTronics TT-SK017 Soundbar need input codes Reply with quote

1. Device: TaoTronics TT-SK017 Soundbar
2. Type of device: Audio/Soundbar
3. Year: Unknown but I assume fairly recent
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Charter OCAP C4000 URC-1060BC2
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No (I have an upgrade file from a text file at R/C with Power,Volume & Mute that I converted to a JP1 upgrade file)
10. Learning remote question? Not the remote I am using for this but I do have a learning remote
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? I do not have one of those remotes

I am looking for the input codes (Audio/Optical/Bluetooth) & the Play/Pause and next/previous track but the input codes are the most important right now
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you created a JP1 upgrade for this? If so, where is it? I checked the file section and couldn't find it.

If we knew the protocol and device codes we might know of another soundbar that uses the same codes and has discrete codes.

In all likelihood we don't have discrete codes for it but we can help you find them, if they exist. You can test any unused OBC codes to see if they do anything, I'll show you how once I have your upgrade.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you created a JP1 upgrade for this? If so, where is it? I checked the file section and couldn't find it.

If we knew the protocol and device codes we might know of another soundbar that uses the same codes and has discrete codes.

In all likelihood we don't have discrete codes for it but we can help you find them, if they exist. You can test any unused OBC codes to see if they do anything, I'll show you how once I have your upgrade.

Here is a link to the file

The codes in that file do work the intended functions
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so that's NEC1 device 217, sub 20. There are 4 known OBCs, which leaves 222 left to try. If you're willing to do some legwork here, the way to find the discrete codes (if they exist) is to create dummy upgrades using the same device codes with all the remaining buttons (yes, it will take several upgrades), and then test them to see if any of the buttons do anything. If you find something, go back to the relevant RMDU file to see what the code was.

I have created 5 RMDU files that cover the complete range of OBCs and have loaded them into an RMIR file. There is also a spreadsheet listing where everything is, all in the zip file below.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25801
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Embarassed I forgot I had a Logitech Harmony 880 remote the codes were in the Logitech Harmony database anyway I made an upgrade file for the JP1 community and Here is the complete upgrade file
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might still be worthwhile checking all the other codes to see if there are additional functions available,
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: