JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC MX-900 compatibility
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkellington

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys for all of your support.

As MaskedMan stated, the MSC CCP doesn't appear to convert the learned code to a hex format that the user has access to (not that I have figured out yet). I would have compared that with the codes from remote central.

I have all the learned codes from the Sony remote on the MX-900. URC made this CCP very straight forward and easy to use. The CCP for the MSC-400 is not as user friendly.

What I have just recalled is that I did not try using the learned codes on the MX-900 directly on the IR pickup of the projector (no IR IN or emitter from the MSC-400). So, I'll test this out.

In hindsight, I may not even need the MSC-400 anymore. It was originally needed as I had RS-232 needs, which I don't anymore. If I can find a MRF-250 with 6 ports, I'm set (I hope).

I'll keep you posted and let me know if you have additional thoughts.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever find that you need the ability to capture a signal and see what it really is, so you can generate potential discrete codes, etc then I do recommend that you buy that $17 remote that I mentioned earlier, as that's all it takes to unlock the power of JP1 for you.
dkellington

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After disconnecting the IR IN jack on the projector and pointing the MX-900 at the projector, it turned on!! This is huge progress.

At least I now know that the learned codes in the MX-900 (at least toggle power) work and can focus on either getting the MSC-400 configured with the learned codes or just find a MRF-250.

For the heck of it, I just ordered a MRF-300 on Amazon. I'll keep you posted...
dkellington

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman. I just saw your post after ordering the MRF-300.

Regardless, I have no problem in getting the remote. If It can translate the learned code and this can be posted to the database for others, I'm all in. It is the least I can do to show my appreciation for all of the support I have received.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mrf250 and 300 are dogs, you should have gotten mrf350. Which can be had for cheap on ebay. Reason is the much better antenna the rfx250 that comes with mrf350.

I just purchased the waterproof version of this remote as investment, the mxw-920i. i series being 433mhz instead of the standard URC 418mhz.
dkellington

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed and thanks for the feedback.

I actually have two MX-900's that I use. One for the family room and the other for a theater room (this one uses the MSC-400 extender).

The family room extender is a MRF-250 that works great despite many sour reviews. I disabled the blaster which I feel creates problems for many.

I read the MX-900 manual which states the 250 and 300 are the only (URC) compatible extenders. Because I was so thrilled last night to be getting some progress, I probably rushed without seeing if a non-URC extender would work with the MX-900. The 300 was Amazon Prime, so returning it is no problem if you have other recommendations.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someones selling 5 mx-900's remotes and mrf-350 base stations and rfx-250 antennas all for the price of what ONE base stations goes for new:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Remote-Control-System-set-of-5-remote-base-station-sensor-wires/362938556184?hash=item5480d2df18:g:XlkAAOSw8hpePzwk
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: