JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

INT-422-3 Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRGT500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have converted that spreadsheet master file into RMDU upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25778

Did you test the macros that I programmed for you? If they work, they expand your remote from a 4 device remote into an 8 device remote, which is perfect for your needs. I would recommend using the macros to switch between the 4 Tivo units.

Yes, I tried the macros. They worked with the color buttons, but not the device keys so I am good to go with that for now. Can you elaborate on how you recommend using the macros to control the different Tivos? I was thinking to just use the device keys to switch between them, but if you have another idea I would love to hear it. Thanks.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
TRGT500 wrote:
After working with this a little I think I may need a different remote to accomplish what I want. I have a projector, multi viewer, AV receiver and 4 tivos. I would like to be able to press one button and have everything power cycle on. A single button to power off would be great too, but my projector has separate buttons for on and off and off must be pressed twice to turn it off.
Should be very easy to accomplish all of that. If you tell us where you're getting hung up, we'll get you going again.

4 Tivos is no problem. Just give each a unique address other than 0, if all are in the same room (this address must also change on the Tivo itself). Otherwise all can remain 0 and use the same device upgrade. I've programmed an Inteset to control 10 Tivos before using the multiplexor. But you probably won't need to resort to that.

For your projector use the discrete on and off commands in your macros (use two off's in a row for power off, possibly with a delay in between as needed). If you don't have the commands at all, we can probably find them. If you haven't posted your projector model already, please post it.

EDIT: Looks like you're all set on the projector on/off codes. Macro with two off's shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks. Yes, I have all the Tivos working properly with the different remote addresses. I will try the macro for powering off the projector and I will be testing the upgrade provided for the receiver as soon as things calm down after Christmas.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have converted that spreadsheet master file into RMDU upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25778

Did you test the macros that I programmed for you? If they work, they expand your remote from a 4 device remote into an 8 device remote, which is perfect for your needs. I would recommend using the macros to switch between the 4 Tivo units.

Will be testing the Yamaha codes in a couple days. Thanks for making that upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRGT500 wrote:
Yes, I tried the macros. They worked with the color buttons, but not the device keys so I am good to go with that for now. Can you elaborate on how you recommend using the macros to control the different Tivos? I was thinking to just use the device keys to switch between them, but if you have another idea I would love to hear it. Thanks.

I suggest that you use the regular device buttons for the other devices, then use shift/colors for each of your 4 Tivos.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Working on the power macros now. I'm missing something. When I go to add a new macro I can't figure out how to pick buttons from different devices. I only see the main buttons on the remote as available to add. Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add a step to switch devices before the commands. For example, a macro to change the tv input then play a dvd would be: TV, INPUT, DVD, PLAY.

All the commands you want to use must be assigned to a real or phantom button on the buttons tab of the device editor in order to use them in a macro. For example, if you want to use the function "ZONE 3 CINEMA SOUND FIELD MODE 2", assign it to a shifted button or phantom if you're out of buttons, like PHANTOM6, then use PHANTOM6 in your macro when you want to perform that function.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A macro is just a sequence of buttons, just like if you had pressed them yourself. So, for example, imagine that you're doing everything manually on the remote, this is what you might to do to get things going:

1. TV
2. Power
3. Input4
4. Audio
5. Power
6. Input3
7. DVD
8. Power

In my fake example, the DVD player is connected to input4 on the TV and input3 on the stereo, so those buttons are what you would press to start watching a DVD (notice I did DVD mode last so that the remote would be left in DVD mode). To program a macro to watch a DVD, you would want the macro to do all of those same steps.

Now, like Dave said, you can also use phantom buttons in macros. Phantoms are great for things that you don't need on real buttons. Like, in my example, I used the POWER button to turn things on, but of course, that assumes that all the devices were off to start with. If you have discrete codes for any of your devices, using a discrete POWER ON command would be better. Likewise for input selection, some devices just have an INPUT or SOURCE button, which is great for in-person use but sucks for macros, so if you have discrete codes for the inputs, those are great for macros, and if you don't need to waste a physical button on them, put them on phantoms too.

And if you run out of phantoms, we can probably create more if needed.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was looking for a device list to pick from, but now I understand to program it like I was manually using the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: