JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

INT-422-3 Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRGT500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: INT-422-3 Questions Reply with quote

I have an INT-422-3 and cable. I have been able to load Tivo controls on my remote without issue and bring learned codes into RMIR. I have a multiviewer that I have HEX codes for in and they look something like this
"04FB04". I have learned one of the buttons for this remote into the INT-422, but can't figure out how to convert the "04FB04" format into something that works.

My second question is I have found a stock code that works for my AV receiver. The code is 33433. When I program that into the remote and then download this code "3433" is listed in the General Tab, but I can't figure out how to add that "3433" under the devices tab. In one of the tutorial videos from The Grok Shop his RMIR version has a button that says "Create Missing Upgrades" and that populated his devices tab. I don't have that button. How do I create an upgrade from a stock device code? Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file. Also need make and model of receiver.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR link below. Learned signal on Device C is HEX Code "04FB04" from the Multiviewer manufacturer.

Receiver is Yamaha TSR-7850R. I have used stock code 33433 and it was working. Also used Yamaha RX-V575 from the files section and it is working. Remote control Model # that came with the TSR-7850R is RAV570 ZZ47580.

Would also like to know what button is "Shift" on the INT-422-3 to be able to access Dev1, Dev3, Dev7 and Dev8. I made a macro to get to Dev1 using Shift+A. Don't have a physical button labeled Shift. Tired Set+A. Didn't work.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25770
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: INT-422-3 Questions Reply with quote

TRGT500 wrote:
I have an INT-422-3 and cable. I have been able to load Tivo controls on my remote without issue and bring learned codes into RMIR. I have a multiviewer that I have HEX codes for in and they look something like this
"04FB04". I have learned one of the buttons for this remote into the INT-422, but can't figure out how to convert the "04FB04" format into something that works.

I'm looking at your RMIR file and I don't see where you're seeing "04FB04", for me your one learned signal shows up as NEC, device 4.
251, with OBC 4. The reason it doesn't say NEC1 or NEC2 is because you didn't capture enough of the signal for RMIR to tell which it is, but my guess is it's NEC1

TRGT500 wrote:
My second question is I have found a stock code that works for my AV receiver. The code is 33433. When I program that into the remote and then download this code "3433" is listed in the General Tab.

The "33433" code is just their way of building the device type into the code, it saves you the step of having to first program the device button to be an "audio" device button, which is how we used to have to do it, so the code is really 3/3433 (where the first 3 means "audio").

TRGT500 wrote:
but I can't figure out how to add that "3433" under the devices tab.

You don't, as you said, 3433 is a stock code, so you can't edit it. The devices tab is for upgrades that you have added yourself.
TRGT500 wrote:
In one of the tutorial videos from The Grok Shop his RMIR version has a button that says "Create Missing Upgrades" and that populated his devices tab. I don't have that button. How do I create an upgrade from a stock device code? Thanks.

In that video, he's using an OARUSB04G remote, which had been programmed using the simpleset.com website. The "Create Missing Upgrades" is specific to such remotes, so it's not applicable to the Inteset remote.
TRGT500 wrote:
Receiver is Yamaha TSR-7850R. I have used stock code 33433 and it was working. Also used Yamaha RX-V575 from the files section and it is working. Remote control Model # that came with the TSR-7850R is RAV570 ZZ47580.

Audio/3433 uses the "NEC1-f16 Official" executor, so if you want to try re-creating this using info from learned signals, that's what you should select in RM. One thing to note is, if the learned signal doesn't give you an OBC2 value (in the Misc column), you should set OBC2 to the complement of the main OBC (ie, OBC2 = 255 - OBC1).

You could also try using the "Convert to Device Upgrade" button. To do that, learn all the buttons from the original remote, then use that button to convert the data into an upgrade. Be sure to use a good learning technique to ensure that you capture all of the signal. As this is a tricky protocol, if you like, I will create the upgrade for you if you just learn the signals and post your rmir file.

TRGT500 wrote:
Would also like to know what button is "Shift" on the INT-422-3 to be able to access Dev1, Dev3, Dev7 and Dev8. I made a macro to get to Dev1 using Shift+A. Don't have a physical button labeled Shift. Tired Set+A. Didn't work.
The Shift button is usually the Setup button, did you try that?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: INT-422-3 Questions Reply with quote

I just tried the setup button to shift to another device
on my INT 422-3 made a macro but did not work
so are we both doing something wrong or what
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your learn confirms, all you need is to make an upgrade using protocol NEC1, device 4 (from the leading "04") and use the last two digits for the OBC (also "04" in your example). You can ignore the FB (decimal 251) in the middle. Numbers above 09 will need to be converted from hex to decimal before you enter it in the OBC column. Please post you're completed upgrade with detailed make/model info when you're done.

The "A" in your file should be shiftable by pressing and releasing "Setup" followed by "A".

We already have an upgrade for your 575 that would be far more complete than the built in code:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14579
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, where are you seeing 04FB04? His learn showed up as NEC, dev 4, sub 251, obc 4 for me. Oh wait, are you using an older version of RMIR that still uses DecodeIR? Maybe that's it.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Just for clarity I do not have a button labeled "Setup" on my remote. I have "Set" and I have tried to use the "Set" button with a Macro to get to another device. I haven't been able to get it to work as the other poster commented.

The "04FB04" was provided from the manufacturer along with the rest of the IR codes for that particular device.

Than you for the explanation on how the stock device codes work and the correct learning procedure link. I wasn't doing the learning correctly.

I have made upgrades for my Multiviewer and Projector. I will post them when they are fully tested.

I will try the posted file for the Yamaha RX-V575. I'm assuming that is the close to my 7850, but am relatively new to the AV Receiver. If I'm missing anything on the 7850 I will make an upgrade for it. Thanks for all the help.

Some items that weren't clear to me when I started, but might help others. If you create an upgrade with specific Function names for your remote and then upload it to your remote when you download it from the remote again all of those function names will be lost. I'm assuming best practice is to make the upgrade, save it, upload and test, then same the RMIR file as well. That way you have the upgrades saved individually and the RMIR file as well.

I ran into another issue. I think I managed to fill up most of the space on my remote even though it showed some free space when uploading. I deleted the learned codes each time I downloaded them and any RMIR file I saved was corrupted and wouldn't open. The remote would work and I could adjust items and upload them. If I shut down the RMIR program and re-opened it any RMIR file I saved previously was corrupted.

Then the remote started flashing the light twice repeatedly. I tried factory reset multiple times and changing the batteries. I'm not sure what finally fixed it, but it eventually stopped flashing continuously and I was able to do a factory reset and all is good now. Is there a good standard practice to wipe the memory of the remote between learning and testing?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: INT-422-3 Questions Reply with quote

Got dev 1 working
Put Macro Shift-Red dev1
Also tried Shift-* dev1
Apperently can't put a macro on a device key
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, misread that. Thought you had a 575. I’ll keep looking.

EDIT: Man, I have to stop skimming posts. I see the 575 file works for you already.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRGT500 wrote:
Thanks. Just for clarity I do not have a button labeled "Setup" on my remote. I have "Set" and I have tried to use the "Set" button with a Macro to get to another device. I haven't been able to get it to work as the other poster commented.

Set=Setup, same thing. If you click on the SET button in the Layout tab, you'll see that the RDF calls it "Setup" and I can't read the label in the image.

Anyway, in case you're programming the macros incorrectly, I have programmed macros to the shifted version of the 4 device buttons (A,B,C,D) which invoke the other 4 device modes. To test them, tap (ie, press and release) the SET button, then tap the A button, does that put the remote in dev3 mode? Likewise for the other 3 device buttons. In case that doesn't work, I have also programmed the same macros to the shifted version of the 4 colored buttons, so try those too.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25773

TRGT500 wrote:
The "04FB04" was provided from the manufacturer along with the rest of the IR codes for that particular device.

Ah, you're earlier post implied that you learned the signal using the Inteset and RMIR displayed 04FB04, whereas RMIR displayed the info that you need to add that function to an upgrade.

TRGT500 wrote:
I have learned one of the buttons for this remote into the INT-422, but can't figure out how to convert the "04FB04" format into something that works.

TRGT500 wrote:
I have made upgrades for my Multiviewer and Projector. I will post them when they are fully tested.

Please post them now, then update them later if you find issues during your testing. Typically when people intend to post upgrades after they've been tested, they never get posted.

TRGT500 wrote:
Some items that weren't clear to me when I started, but might help others. If you create an upgrade with specific Function names for your remote and then upload it to your remote when you download it from the remote again all of those function names will be lost. I'm assuming best practice is to make the upgrade, save it, upload and test, then save the RMIR file as well. That way you have the upgrades saved individually and the RMIR file as well.

Correct on all counts. All the fancy info that we store in RMIR and RMDU files is lost if you re-download from the data from the remote.

TRGT500 wrote:
I ran into another issue. I think I managed to fill up most of the space on my remote even though it showed some free space when uploading. I deleted the learned codes each time I downloaded them and any RMIR file I saved was corrupted and wouldn't open. The remote would work and I could adjust items and upload them. If I shut down the RMIR program and re-opened it any RMIR file I saved previously was corrupted.

Then the remote started flashing the light twice repeatedly. I tried factory reset multiple times and changing the batteries. I'm not sure what finally fixed it, but it eventually stopped flashing continuously and I was able to do a factory reset and all is good now. Is there a good standard practice to wipe the memory of the remote between learning and testing?

As you said earlier, it's good practice to save your RMDU and RMIR files, and with the RMIR file, save versions of it, so if you really screw things up, you can always go back to the last version, or even the version before.

Ideally, you should only need to use learning to capture the code info necessary to add functions to an upgrade, or to build an upgrade from scratch. So, feel free to empty as much data as you can before you start learning, and then when the learning exercise is complete, restore an earlier RMIR file that has no learned signals in it.

Your remote is a "segment" remote, which means that all data shares the same memory bank (unlike earlier remotes which had separate memory banks, one for learning, one for upgrades, one for macros, etc), so deleting learned signals will make more room for upgrade or macros, etc.
TRGT500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the help. Upgrades for my Projector (ViewSonic 727) and Multiviewer (BeingHD) have been posted to the file section.

From looking online the Yamaha RX-V685 uses the same remote model as my TSR-7850. I see the master excel file for the RX-V685, but not an upgrade in the file section. I'm in the process of working that excel sheet to an upgrade for the RX-685 to see if it works on my 7850.

After working with this a little I think I may need a different remote to accomplish what I want. I have a projector, multi viewer, AV receiver and 4 tivos. I would like to be able to press one button and have everything power cycle on. A single button to power off would be great too, but my projector has separate buttons for on and off and off must be pressed twice to turn it off. If you have any thoughts on this being possible with my current remote please let me know or if there is a suggestion for a better candidate I would appreciate it. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have converted that spreadsheet master file into RMDU upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25778

Did you test the macros that I programmed for you? If they work, they expand your remote from a 4 device remote into an 8 device remote, which is perfect for your needs. I would recommend using the macros to switch between the 4 Tivo units.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRGT500 wrote:
After working with this a little I think I may need a different remote to accomplish what I want. I have a projector, multi viewer, AV receiver and 4 tivos. I would like to be able to press one button and have everything power cycle on. A single button to power off would be great too, but my projector has separate buttons for on and off and off must be pressed twice to turn it off.
Should be very easy to accomplish all of that. If you tell us where you're getting hung up, we'll get you going again.

4 Tivos is no problem. Just give each a unique address other than 0, if all are in the same room (this address must also change on the Tivo itself). Otherwise all can remain 0 and use the same device upgrade. I've programmed an Inteset to control 10 Tivos before using the multiplexor. But you probably won't need to resort to that.

For your projector use the discrete on and off commands in your macros (use two off's in a row for power off, possibly with a delay in between as needed). If you don't have the commands at all, we can probably find them. If you haven't posted your projector model already, please post it.

EDIT: Looks like you're all set on the projector on/off codes. Macro with two off's shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is his projector:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25775
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: