JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Master Issue with Particular Device.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I started looking at your original file again, the problem is, if you delete the Technomate upgrade, the problem shifts to the DreamBox upgrade instead. So, I've tried added a 2nd copy of the Technomate upgrade, but now this is where my inexperience with Nevo remotes starts to show, because the data on the General tab isn't editable like it is for other remotes, so I don't know how to un-link the old upgrade.
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Ah, I hadn't noticed the extra functions. V4 took about 4 hours to create, I can't imagine it would take much more to add the missing functions.

It is your belief thou that if i take the time to rebuild it, the technomate problem will not re-emerge?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iboston wrote:
The Robman wrote:
Ah, I hadn't noticed the extra functions. V4 took about 4 hours to create, I can't imagine it would take much more to add the missing functions.

It is your belief thou that if i take the time to rebuild it, the technomate problem will not re-emerge?

I really don't know, I hope Graham jumps in at some point because he's the expert, he should be able to figure it out.
iboston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the the first time i had it happen again on a NON technomate device. It was a vizio tv. I bought my son a NevoC3 for christmas, and i was setting it all up, and had to come back into to make changes here and there, and wam bam it hung up on the layout tab. Had to delete the device and reload the device, and add in the missing stuff.

I'm sorry, i didn't think about saving it and throwing it online, but I'm sure it is the same problem.

I think it has something to do with choosing functions not on that remote within the layout tab. Is it possible to transfer those other device commands to 'External Functions'... I think that is better, because it saves that in the .rmdu files, but not when you choose other devices from the layout tab.

I just had it happen again, as i loaded it to see what the name of the 'ext functions' tab was called, and this time it did it on my sons Sony BluRay device. Ugh! and its doing it on the buttons tab which it never did before.

Error occurs on BluRay Buttons/Layout Tabs
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25779
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have let Graham know that we're struggling with this, so when he has some time he will take a look.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the delay in looking into this issue. I will do so in the next few days but the task I am working on at the moment requires single-minded concentration and I have not wanted to break that with another issue that is probably also not a simple one. This is really to let you know that it is not forgotten and will be my next task.
iboston

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, iboston. I think I have fixed your problem, and have replaced your file at the link
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25771
with a zip file containing both your original and a fixed version. I found that the setup contained a system macro (Nevo equivalent to a keymove) on the Soft2 button called DM Power, but the macro was empty, so causing an "Out of bounds" error when RMIR tried to read it. Have you any idea why this was there? I have deleted it in the fixed version and in my limited testing, all now seems well. Please report on whether this really does resolve the problem.
iboston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Hi, iboston. I think I have fixed your problem, and have replaced your file at the link
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25771
with a zip file containing both your original and a fixed version. I found that the setup contained a system macro (Nevo equivalent to a keymove) on the Soft2 button called DM Power, but the macro was empty, so causing an "Out of bounds" error when RMIR tried to read it. Have you any idea why this was there? I have deleted it in the fixed version and in my limited testing, all now seems well. Please report on whether this really does resolve the problem.

Okay, the DM power turns on/off the one of my satellite receivers. (different device than the technomate) So, being i have deleted the device, which removes all System Macros, and then i have to rebuild it, this problem automatically re-surfaces over and over after a few saves. What might be causing the problem to re-occur?

Is there a way to just automatically make a KeyMove/SystemMacro a external function? The feature of just being able to select any device on the layout tab is just hard to give up.

Ps, is there a way to ignore or skip the entries that have empty entries that are causing your problem so that i can actually re-declare those missing items without have to delete the whole device and start over?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand what you are asking. I deleted a system macro, not a device. If you deleted the device, when did you do that? Do you have a .rmdu file (an RM upgrade rather than an RMIR setup) with the DM upgrade? I can only sort out reproducible problems, so I need a way to add this DM device so I can see what is happening. Nevo remotes do not support External Functions, neither do they support Key Moves. Their internal structure is totally different from that of non-XSight remotes and the RMIR user interface for XSight/Nevo reflects that difference.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iboston, it sounds like you are saying that you still have the problem using your original RMIR file, with some modifications. Have you tried the RMIR file that Graham posted? If that one doesn't have the problem (and it works for me), then just re-add whatever system macros you need, just don't add any macros with no buttons in them.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to Rob's comment, your original file was corrupt. If you continue to work with it, by deleting and re-adding items, it will probably remain corrupt. I removed the corruption, so please work now from my fixed file and not from your original one.
iboston

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, ill give that a shot. And report back.
iboston

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you fix it? Is it something i can do myself? As it happened to my sons RMIR file too, but i admit, i started within mine as a blueprint, which means i copied the error to my sons remote image.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Graham that question too. He had to put RMIR into debug mode (part of his developer tools) to catch it, so it's not something we could have done ourselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: