JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7557 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartermain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: URC-7557 Support Reply with quote

I have been using the URC-7555 and 7556 remotes for many years and they suit me perfectly. I found out a while back that there was also a URC-7557 out and bought one for a backup. It appears to be exactly the same as the 7556 bar the model number on the battery cover sticker. I uploaded my current 7556 configuration and it seemed to work fine. There is no available RDF.

A couple of days ago my last remaining 7556 died suddenly - no response to any buttons. It was late so I dug out the 7557 to use for the rest of the evening. Using it in earnest quickly identified an issue - the mute button doesn't work - no response from sound bar and no device button flash. I can get by with Vol+ and Vol- but it's not ideal.

Today I look again. I try uploading the last saved .rmir to the 7556 and it bursts back into life, phew. But it's not going to last forever so I either need to fix the mute on the 7557 or find another remote to use. I have a 6440 but I can't get on with it.

Given that the 7555, 7556 and 7557 have the same signature, is it possible to make an RDF for the 7557 by copying the one for the 7556 then somehow tweak it so the mute function works?

I have .rmir dumps from both the remotes after a factory reset however they are very different in size so I suspect one wasn't really properly reset.
quartermain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like these come with installed upgrades out of the box. I did a 981 on each of them and now the downloaded .rmir files are identical.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the assumption is that they've wired MUTE to a different button code, you'd need to identify the code for us, by doing a keymove or macro.

Also, as a short term fix, you could look up the EFC for MUTE in your old file and program it to the MUTE button using 994.
quartermain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this remote is physically broken. I can't record a macro on to the mute button nor can I learn anything on it.

I tried 994 but I got a double flash when entering the second digit of the EFC which I guess means it wasn't accepted.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that means, if you want to try and save the remote, you'll need to open it up and look for any broken traces on the PCB, or anything else that might be broken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: