JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IrScrutinizer no "Roku Official" under Generate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morty343

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: IrScrutinizer no "Roku Official" under Generate Reply with quote

hello,

I am trying to generate raw hex data for import into RTI Library Manager (I am a home user, not a professional). I have a newer TCL Roku TV and I can't get IrScrutinizer to replicate codes that were pasted by mdavej on AVS forums here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2989206-discrete-ir-codes-tcl-65r615-tcl-65r617.html#post56468214

When I copy/paste the codes that he posted on the page, they work. But when I try to follow the instructions in IrScrutinizer that he gives in the same post, I don't generate hex code that works. And he states that "Roku Official" should be the protocol chosen in the Generate dropdown, but this does not appear as an option, just "Roku". I can only guess that this is the reason the code is incorrect. I would like to be able to generate other discretes for the TV and if I can get IrScrutinizer to work properly it seems I should be able accomplish this but no luck. Any help appreciated.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi morty343 and welcome tio the forum Very Happy!

You should always tell which version you are using.

The protocol "Roku-official" has been renamed to "Roku". (However, the repeat is slightly different.) Just select "Roku" instead and you should be going.
morty343

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Hi morty343 and welcome tio the forum Very Happy!

You should always tell which version you are using.

The protocol "Roku-official" has been renamed to "Roku". (However, the repeat is slightly different.) Just select "Roku" instead and you should be going.

Thanks very much Smile

IrScrutinizer is the latest "official" release, 2.1.0

I am attempting to generate discrete hex codes by first importing Ed's "TCL P605" remote as a set of parametric signals. Adapting mdavej's instructions from his AVS post, under the "Scrutinize remote" tab I am presuming that I take the hex code given in the "Misc. Params" column, convert it to decimal, and put this into the "F" field under the "Generate" tab, with Roku selected as the protocol and 234 & 199 put into the "D" and "S" fields. I choose "Pronto Hex" as the output text format.

While this process DOES produce working code for the discretes in the AVS post, it does not work for any of the discretes listed unther the TCL P605 import. Moreover, there is nothing listed in the file's "F" column, so I'm wondering if I have a missing setting for the import dialog, and if using the "hex=XX" data from the "Misc. params" column is the wrong approach.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morty343 wrote:

While this process DOES produce working code for the discretes in the AVS post,

OK. So far so good; the original question is answered.

Quote:

it does not work for any of the discretes listed unther the TCL P605 import. Moreover, there is nothing listed in the file's "F" column, so I'm wondering if I have a missing setting for the import dialog, and if using the "hex=XX" data from the "Misc. params" column is the wrong approach.

Here you appear to be importing the device upgrade Dave pointed to into IrScrutinizer, using its RemoteMaster import. This importer is "is by necessity limited and incomplete". It gets the protocol name "sorta" right, device D and subdevice S right, but not F (as you write). Instead there is the mysterious "hex". Making a (quote) long story short, and simplifying somewhat, only RemoteMaster knows how to translate hex to F (called OBC). So you can get type in the F/OBC from RemoteMaster into IrScrutinizer. Fun... not.

An alternative would be to get the TCL Roku TV from GlobalCache
morty343

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, thanks so much. I coincidentally ended up trying just what you described prior to reading your reply, and through trial and error I discovered OBC is the value that needs to be entered into IrScrutinizer's "F" field.

And I did indeed get codes from Global Cache last night, but I'm also happy to have IrScrutinizer working because there are a few additional discretes not found on GC.

Cheers!
Mike
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy that I was able to help. Feel free to post other questions, suggestions, and even improvements!

Greetz,

Bengt
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: