JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Create RDF - Shaw Direct IRC600
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Create RDF - Shaw Direct IRC600 Reply with quote

I have a model irc600 remote for shaw satellite. It is a JP1.4 remote. When i try to read the remote, it says no RDF matches signature for 3349. Is there an easy way to make an RDF file so this remote is recognized?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step is to do a raw download and post the file. If you know which setup codes are programmed to each device button, that is good info to have. If you have a good picture of the remote, that is also useful.
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: IRC600 RAW download Reply with quote

Here is the link to the download: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25714

This is a picture of the remote: https://www.amazon.ca/Shaw-Direct-IRC600-Remote-Control/dp/B00RC6ONOO/
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will get a new RDF started. Could you please write down which setup codes you have programmed to the 3 device buttons.

Also, does this remote support macros? If so, could you program macros that include all of the 48 buttons on the remote. You can get 15 buttons in a macro. You could use the colored ABCD buttons to hold the macros. Then I will need the list of which buttons you programmed in each macro.

Actually, why not do the macros like this:

A = power, aux, tv, sat, source, aspect, stop, pause, record, rewind, play, ffwd, skip-, skip+, menu
B = fav, PVR, go back, up, down, left, right, enter/ok, info, guide, exit, vol+, vol-, ch+, ch-
C = mute, last, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, help, 0, options, D
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt program any setup codes to the device buttons but i dug up the manual and it says controls are pre-programmed to operate a Motorola satellite receiver, a Sony TV, and Sony DVD player. My assumption would be that just the tv device button would have been altered. Nothing mentioned in the manual about macros which is kind of disappointing. The remote was given to me.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual indicates that at least a power button macro is possible using the 995 sequence. I would expect other macros to be possible as well based on that.

Try a 990 - code blink back to discover the pre-programmed device setup codes.

Link to User Manual.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either use 990 to blink back the codes currently programmed, or program new codes to the device buttons and do a fresh download.
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so,
TV:10810
AUX:20533
SAT:000
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i've tried different 995 sequences for other buttons and it doesnt seem to be taking them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it only works on the POWER button, program the macros one at a time to the POWER button, then download so it's one macro per file. You'll need to include the ABCD buttons in the macros then, but you won't need to include POWER.

So, something like this
1 = aux, tv, sat, source, aspect, stop, pause, record, rewind, play, ffwd, skip-, skip+, menu, fav
2 = PVR, go back, up, down, left, right, enter/ok, info, guide, exit, vol+, vol-, ch+, ch-, mute
3 = last, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, help, 0, options
4 = A, B, C, D
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it only works on the POWER button, program the macros one at a time to the POWER button, then download so it's one macro per file. You'll need to include the ABCD buttons in the macros then, but you won't need to include POWER.

So, something like this
1 = aux, tv, sat, source, aspect, stop, pause, record, rewind, play, ffwd, skip-, skip+, menu, fav
2 = PVR, go back, up, down, left, right, enter/ok, info, guide, exit, vol+, vol-, ch+, ch-, mute
3 = last, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, help, 0, options
4 = A, B, C, D

It's not accepting any macros other than the device buttons
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've created a starter RDF. I only have button codes entered for buttons that I can reasonably guess that I have the correct codes (ie, numeric digits, volume, channels, and device buttons). Normally we use macros to get the button codes, but that doesn't seem to work here. Can you see if 994 keymoves work on this remote? Are you able to open the remote? If so, I'd like to see a picture of the PCB.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25717
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 994 keymoves aren't working but i did get pictures of the PCB. The pictures are just fair because i took them on my backup phone.

1: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25719

2: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25718
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those, I was hoping that the PCB would have the button codes printed on it, but unfortunately it just has the button names printed. So I'm running out of ways to find the button codes.
jackching

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks for those, I was hoping that the PCB would have the button codes printed on it, but unfortunately it just has the button names printed. So I'm running out of ways to find the button codes.

Would it help you if i sent the codes to a learning remote then sent you a file from that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: