JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A3 TV Box - Chinese IPTV / Android box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: A3 TV Box - Chinese IPTV / Android box Reply with quote

Hello all - Thanks for all the info.

I already bought the original remote control replacement. Thank you very much!!

Now I am trying to make slingbox to work with the control. I tried many of the HTV 1 and 2 however the codes do not work.

If nobody has any codes which is worth trying I will get the jp1 learning remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have the codes for this box, so buying a learning remote is your best bet, then we can use that info to build you a BIN file.

The OARUSB04G is still on Amazon for under $18, and here's an ebay listing for one for just under $15: https://www.ebay.com/itm/183967265074
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the learning remote!!! Thanks for all inputs.

Will keep you guys posted
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, so what you need to do now is learn all of the buttons from the original remote, even buttons that you don't think you'll need. First learn all of the buttons that have logical equivalents on the JP1 remote, then learn the rest of the buttons to any remaining buttons on the JP1 remote, just keep track of where each button goes. If there aren't enough buttons on the JP1 remote to capture everything, learn what you can and save the RMIR file, then delete all learned buttons and learn the remaining buttons to any button on the JP1 remote, again keeping track, and then save the 2nd RMIR file.

For all the learned buttons where the A3 button has a different name, update the RMIR file putting the A3 name in the Notes column.

Then load your RMIR file(s) into the Diagnosis Area folder and post a link to the file here and we'll do the rest.
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject: Files are ready - Where to upload? Reply with quote

Hello Robman!!

Almost a month later I finally was able to download the RMR file!!

Since I have setup my LG TV, the Roku and now the A3 tv box under the audio of my remote.

I have tried to find the diagnosis section with no success. Please let me know where or how do you want to me to send or give access of the files to you.

Many thanks!!!

Marcelo Carnevalle
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link to the file section at the top of every page in this forum, you'll find it there.
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that out, Thanks Rob.

While I was learning the remote control yesterday, I have been able to figure out pretty much everything except the numbers - curiously the only number which went through correctly was the number 2. Did you have similar issues in the past ?

I will try once again tonight and in any case I will download the file out there and post the link here.

Thanks for all your support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post what you have managed to learn, I might be able to make an educated guess as to the codes for the rest of the numbers.
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: File uploaded!! Reply with quote

Hello Rob !! Thanks for your prompt answer.

Good news here!! I was able to make the control learn all numbers, now is fully functional, no issues anymore!! I think I had low bateries.

I uploaded the RMR file in the diagnoses section. Please let me know if it is correct, first time here.

I am trying to have the slingbox 350 with this new remote, thanks for your support.

Below the post / URL

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25823
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: File uploaded!! Reply with quote

I almost forgot: in the control the A3 is under the "audio",
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open the RMIR file yourself and go to the Learned Signals tab, you'll see that a few of the learns didn't capture properly, like Green, Orange, Power and Menu, so maybe you could re-learn those?

And just FYI, I would have been able to guess the codes for the numeric buttons, as the OBCs for the 0-9 buttons are also 0-9! Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to figure out the codes for Green, Power and Menu from the raw data, but there wasn't enough data to determine the code for Orange. Also, the VOL +/- buttons use the same codes as CH +/-, can you verify if that's really the case or did you make a mistake during the learning?

One other curiosity is that the buttons appear to be a mix of NEC1 and NEC2, the difference being in how the buttons repeat. I made an upgrade where all of them use NEC1 and have added it to the DVD button in your RMIR file so you can test it using your OARUSB04G remote. If it doesn't work correctly, I can re-make it so that each button uses the correct NEC1 or NEC2 protocol, though I would need you to re-learn some buttons to confirm which one they use.

The following zip file contains a new RMDU file for the A3, missing only the Orange button, and a copy of your RMIR file with the A3 added to the DVD button.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25824

Once we get this completely wrapped up, I will create some Slingbox bins for you too.
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - [/b]Thank for the changes. The orange button has no purpose in the original remote as well as the Channel (which I replaced by the volume).

I will relearn both again just to ensure we have them right in the file. I also learn this are the exactly same control for the HFV6 Chinese box so they would be helpful for who is trying the same thing.

So I have to open this RMR file in the software and upload in my control, correct?

I will do it, test tonight, learn the channel up and down / orange upload the file into the diagnose area.

Thanks for all support!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just load the new RMIR file into your remote, your original learns will still be in AUDIO mode, and my new upgrade will be in DVD mode.

Btw, do you mind if I remove the @gmail portion of your username? For 2 reasons, first it opens you up to spam as I'm sure the spambots can figure out that all they need to do is add .com, and secondly, it makes the forum display strange as it makes the Author column extra wide.
carnevallemarcelo79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright - will keep you posted.

No worries, please go ahead with the change in the username, actually is a very good idea!

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: