JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it Possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Is it Possible? Reply with quote

I just acquired a LG RH398H-M DVD/HDD Recorder with USB input ($5) which was missing its remote. I contacted LG Parts who identified the original remote as a AKB36160903 (Special order and too expensive). I have a Philips PM725T universal remote and was able to find a LG device code (0392) from another Philips remote's code list which worked and provides all of my required control of the recorder except for access to the "Home Screen Menu". Unfortunately, this Menu is where my needed USB functions reside. I also have a One-For-All URC-6690 JP1 programmable remote, setup with DVD code 0591, which provides only some basic function controls. Next I "Learned" all of the missing function controls available from the Philips into the 6690. Now I need to upgrade the 6690 to add the missing "Home Screen Menu" control but I have no idea on how to proceed. Please note that I have a fully functional JP1.2/3 interface, that I had built previously, and have a beginner's knowledge of IR, RMIR and RM. Any guidance from the experts would be greatly appreciated!!!
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25675
Try this file.

Also, I noted that if I use rmir 209 build 5 to download the learned signals off nevo c2, the protocol is none/multiple. If I download with rmir 207, it shows necx1.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
Also, I noted that if I use rmir 209 build 5 to download the learned signals off nevo c2, the protocol is none/multiple. If I download with rmir 207, it shows necx1

This is because of the change of default decoder from DecodeIR to IrpTransmogrifier. DecodeIR is more forgiving of poorly learned signals but it has not been maintained for many years. IrpTransmogrifier gives many advantages, including reliable conversion of learned signals to device upgrade. In v2.09 both decoders are available. You can change the default with the menu item Options > Set IR Decoder or use this item to switch dynamically between the two while viewing the learned signals.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
chuliu wrote:
Also, I noted that if I use rmir 209 build 5 to download the learned signals off nevo c2, the protocol is none/multiple. If I download with rmir 207, it shows necx1

This is because of the change of default decoder from DecodeIR to IrpTransmogrifier. DecodeIR is more forgiving of poorly learned signals but it has not been maintained for many years. IrpTransmogrifier gives many advantages, including reliable conversion of learned signals to device upgrade. In v2.09 both decoders are available. You can change the default with the menu item Options > Set IR Decoder or use this item to switch dynamically between the two while viewing the learned signals.

Thanks. I assumed something like that, too.
ryton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Thanks for the file chuliu Reply with quote

Thanks for the file chuliu... Now to figure out how to use it!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the file chuliu Reply with quote

ryton wrote:
Thanks for the file chuliu... Now to figure out how to use it!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: