JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote model different

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Remote model different Reply with quote

Every time I do this it has been too long and I don't remember what to do.

I have been using a comcast remote with blink back number 2556. Comcast has stopped supplying the JP style remotes, but my wife sweet talked a clerk into looking in his bin of recent turned in remotes and he found one. Its blink back number is 3039. I have the upgrade (parameter set) for my old (2556) remote, but the RMIR utility resists uploading it to the 3039 unit.

Physically the two remotes appear identical.

What do I do?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If remotes have different signatures, they are different remotes, no matter how similar they look, so you will need to build a new RMIR file for the new remote.

Have you saved your old RMDU files? If not, open your current RMIR file, go to the Devices tab and edit each upgrade, then select the Save As option and save the RMDU files.

Then, use RMIR to download from the new remote, it should automatically pick the right RDF, and add the RMDU files that you saved as new upgrades.

You'll also need to re-program any macros or other custom stuff all over.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, but I've never been able to program these things, someone there has always volunteered to do it for me. I thought it would be just downloading my existing stuff. Apparently not. Well, they've phased out this remote so the end was near anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: