JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05BR CBL button flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBMC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: RCRP05BR CBL button flashing Reply with quote

Remote was working fine. Connected to remote master and uploaded to remote. At this point after removing from the cable the CBL button starts flashing intermittently. I am able to upload and download from the remote. I have tried going to new remote image and selecting my remote to no avail. I am at a loss. I have also changed batteries, held down 2 while putting in batteries and just jammed on the buttons. I have tried a 981 reset (can't really do because the cbl button keeps flashing) . If I jam on the power button while the CBL button is flashing, it will power on/off my device. I can't switch sources though. Sometimes I can get other source buttons to light up but the remote doesn't /respond or it goes back to the flashing cbl button. Any help would be appreciated.

Ps. Does rca do exchanges on this still? I know it has a lifetime warranty? Doubt they still stock them, but who knows.

Raw Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cesmeBgOCWZxaMBleiuvcAjlDVgtxOiA/view?usp=sharing
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post your file in our diagnosis section. I can't access your share from behind my firewall.

Flashing usually means low batteries. Were your replacement batteries new?

You can also try loading this clean image:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25640

Technically, you voided the warranty the moment you connected a JP1 cable (falls under "alterations" exclusion in the warranty). But if you want to pursue the replacement option, see the document below. My guess is shipping charges won't be much less than just getting a replacement on ebay (~$10).

https://sc.voxxintl.com/docs/common/RCRP05B/RCRP05B_WC.pdf
CBMC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the link. I have tried several sets of new alkaline batteries and am getting the same thing. The cbl button doesn't always flash consistently, it will flash in no particular pattern. If I hold down buttons and insert one battery sometimes the other device buttons will light up and stay lit. Eventually it will either go completely dead or the cbl button will begin to blink again.

Here is the raw download: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25641
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the clean image I posted?
CBMC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Did you try the clean image I posted?

Yes. Unfortunately, still doing the same thing.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out of ideas then.
welash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same remote that just started showing the same symptoms. I had recently programmed it, and was testing out a new cable. I think I might have put the cable in upside down first (it is a FTDI hack) on the first try, and when the remote wasn't detected, I put it in the right way, and was able to download from it.

After pulling the cable out, the remote was in the state described. I've tried loading the fresh factory image, the image I use on other rcrp05bs that I use for the same setup (I've got one for me, one for the wife, and one that floats around to the kitchen.).
ckeays

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this one:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25740
it is an image of my RCRP05BR when it was brand new, never installed any extenders or learned signals.
welash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckeays wrote:
try this one:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25740
it is an image of my RCRP05BR when it was brand new, never installed any extenders or learned signals.

Tried that one as well. I used my last spare, but was able to get another on e-bay, so I;m back to a full contingent and a spare.
ckeays

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the image fix your remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: