JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

decode parental control pin with slingplayer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: decode parental control pin with slingplayer Reply with quote

I am sorry but I don't know where else to ask this question. I am looking for a way to find the parental control pin code with the virtual remote of a slingplayer. I used to be able to record mouse movements of 0-9 and somehow program the recording software to click 0000 to 9999 on the virtual remote to find the parental control pin. But I don't remember which software or how I managed to program it. Is there any way to do what I want to achieve? Thanks.

Last edited by chuliu on Thu May 30, 2019 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I'd tell you to go ask it in one of the regular Slingbox forums, but my understanding is they've all been taken down, so now this forum is your best bet. I just don't think there are too many Slingbox experts that patrol it.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to write a simple script to find the parental control pin which I believe works for most stbs. I used freeware called autohotkey and wrote a script to try all possible combinations of 0000-9999 with slingplayer virtual remote control. There were some tricky details involved such as when one failed the correct pin for 3 times, the pin entry window would disappear and I needed to count the times the script tried and when the times are a multiple of 3, I press ok again to bring up the pin entry window. Also, never issue a exit or back command anywhere in the script, because when the correct pin is entered, if a exit or back is pressed, it will get back to a previous screen and we have no chance to change the pin because we have been returned to a previous screen.

Here is a screen shot showing the script working.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that script might be useful for others, could you upload a copy, along with some reasonable instructions on how to use it of course.

How often do you have to manually click OK to keep it running? Was there no way to automate that part too?
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you think that script might be useful for others, could you upload a copy, along with some reasonable instructions on how to use it of course.

How often do you have to manually click OK to keep it running? Was there no way to automate that part too?

I didn't have to click ok manually, it's automatic.
I will probably upload a yt video on how to do it so I will post the link here, too.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded a video here
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: