JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New/changed columns in RMIR 2.08 build 7?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: New/changed columns in RMIR 2.08 build 7? Reply with quote

I have just upgraded from RMIR 2.07 build 2 to RMIR 2.08 build 7 under Windows 8.1, where I am currently running Java 1.8.0_221. I did so by unpacking the contents of the zipfile into the directory in which I previously had RMIR 2.07/2.
When I load an RMIR file created with 2.07/2, the columns in the "General" tab appear somewhat different.
In particular, the information which I once entered as "Remote Model" now appears in a column titled "Model". I am unable to move this data to the new column, as nothing I enter in the column "Remote Model" is persistent. Whatever I enter disappears as soon as the focus leaves the cell I was editing.
The same applies to the column "Brand". This at least contains the information from the file created with 2.07/2, but I am unable to enter anything in this column for a newly added device (Yamaha RX-V685).
Also, I found it quite difficult to activate the "Icon" checkbox for the newly added device. The popup tooltip which appears as soon as I move the cursor over the checkbox prevents me from activating it. I was able to work around this by tabbing into the cell and pressing "Enter".
I will try updating my java installation to Java 8 build 321 and report back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqh9anrd28dafja/generalcolumns.png?dl=0
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for drawing my attention to this. It is a bug that was unintentionally introduced when I added an extra column into the Device Buttons table to support a new type of remote. I will fix it in the next release of RMIR, which should be in the next few days.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fixed in RMIR v2.09 build 6, which I have just released. Please see the announcement thread for more details.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update: a great improvement!
The "Brand", "Model" and "Remote Model" columns now work as expected.
However, the problem with the "Icon?" column remains: the info pop-up inviting one to double-click makes it impossible to double-click! ;-}
My workaround of tabbing the selection into the desired "Icon?" field and then pressing the "Enter" key no longer works; now "Enter" advances to the next field.
My new workaround is to sneak the cursor in from the right-hand side of the field, which I can sometimes do without triggering the pop-up.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no control over where the tooltip appears, but it only displays for a few seconds. Just wait till it disappears, then you can double-click it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: