JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

xsight touch unresponsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: xsight touch unresponsive Reply with quote

My friend bought an xsight touch remote and he found that the remote buttons are unresponsive. I asked him to press power+ ok and put the battery back. It now displays that upgrade mode and ask to connect usb to upgrade. I wonder if he should use rimr to complete the upgrade. Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say if it will work, but it is worth a try. The remote will be useless until the upgrade is completed, and RMIR is the only tool still available to do an upgrade. If he tries it, please report what happens - not just "It doesn't work", give as much info as you can.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will need to use RMIR eventually anyway if he ever wants to program macros or activities or add any new devices that aren't built-in.

Maybe repeat the power+ok+battery procedure to get out of upgrade mode for the moment:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2129490-nevo-c2-stuck-upgrade-mode.html
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remote accessed his pc and performed a firmware upgrade for him. Unfortunately, according to him, the remote is still unresponsive and stuck at either region selection or a few screens into the initial setup. He said that the original battery was not working and he has purchased a generic battery off the web.
He suspects if the battery could be the cause. Strangely from the rmir, the remote seemed responsive when I remote accessed his pc, either download from remote or perform a firmware update.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works at all, battery is probably fine. Touchscreen could be bad. That's happened to a few of mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: