JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted Development build 11 of RMIR v2.07 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This build provides substantially improved support for the URC7935 OFA Streamer remote. It includes new versions of both RemoteMaster.jar and the RDF for the URC7935. The new RDF should not be used with any earlier build of RMIR.

There is now a Settings pane in the General panel that can be used to change all known settings parameters. These include the CEC mode setting (see an earlier post in this thread) and the signal sent by the Input and Back keys. I described in the post above about build 9 that the Input key can be configured to send one of five signals, either Input or HDMI1 through HDMI4. This is now displayed and changed in the Settings pane rather than with the Layout tab as described there. The Layout tab still shows which of these logical keys is assigned to the Input button but it can no longer be changed on that tab. The Back key can similarly send one of two signals, either Back or Exit, but only in CEC mode as the Streamer setups do not include an Exit signal. This too is configured in the Settings pane but also shown on the Layout tab.

Other settings turn Backlighting on or off, and change the duration of the backlight when it is enabled. The feature that the left, right, up, down and OK actions send TV rather than Streamer signals temporarily after the Input button is pressed can also be turned on or off.

The assignment of devices to buttons is now shown in the Activities tab. The remote does not have selectable activities but it effectively acts as if permanently in an activity state, as different buttons send signals for different devices according to some internal algorithm. The assignments displayed in the Activities tab are those for the current setup of the remote and change accordingly when anything in the setup is changed. The Key Moves tab no longer appears, as the remote does not support Key Moves.

There is a substantial amount of new coding in these features. I have tried to test them pretty thoroughly but if you find anything is not working as you think it should, please report it in this thread.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something that may be useful. It was reported in earlier posts that the phantom keys HDMI1,HDMI2,HDMI3,HDMI4 and Exit do not work when included in macros. This is because when they are in a macro, they are treated as Streamer keys but the only device with signals assigned to these keys is TV. However, if you put a learned signal on one of these keys with the device set to Streamer and then include that key in a macro, it WILL send the learned signal. The remote provides no way to learn a signal to, say, an HDMI1 Streamer key but RMIR allows you to edit the key to which a learned signal is assigned. So if you learn a signal to ANY key, you can then use RMIR to reassign it to key=HDMI1, device=Streamer and it will then work in a macro.

And here's something that may be interesting. The on-line manual for the URC-7935 gives a way to reset the remote to the state in which it was purchased. This is to hold TV_Power and Back together until the ring blinks yellow twice. Then press Options, Replay, Home in sequence. The ring blinks red four times to confirm the reset. Eagle-eyed readers may realise that holding TV_Power and Back together puts the remote in TV Setup mode and that the button sequence corresponds to entering 654 instead of a 5-digit setup code, using the left-most and right-most keys in the top three rows as digits 1 through 6 as described under Setup by Code in the supplied setup leaflet.

This is just one of a number of 6xx codes that take the place of the 9xx codes used in remotes with real digit keys. Two others are:
    662 to blink back the setup code of a device,
    666 to blink back the signature of the remote.
You can enter 662 in the Setup mode for any of the three devices. After the final digit, the LED ring blinks twice. You then press, in turn, the buttons for 1,2,3,4,5 and count the flashes after each one. This gives you the setup code in the 5-digit form used by this remote. As I have described before, to convert this to the usual form used by RMIR and all other remotes, subtract one from each digit and interpret the result as a base-6 number. The colour of the flashes is that used by the remote in setting up the corresponding device, namely yellow for TV, green for Audio and red for Streamer.

You can only enter 666 in the TV Setup mode. You use it in the same way as the 662 code, again reading back five numbers even though the signature of the remote has 6 digits. The first four numbers are the first four digits of the signature. The last number gives the final two digits treated as a 2-digit decimal number. So four flashes gives final digits 04, eleven flashes would give 11.

You should note that even though UEI calls the 654 reset a User Reset, it is not the same as a 980 reset on other remotes that we normally call a User Reset. A 980 reset preserves the setup codes of the devices and any device upgrades but deletes any key moves, macros and learned signals. The 654 reset preserves device upgrades but returns setup codes to default values. As with a 980 reset, it deletes any macros and learned signals (the remote does not support key moves). The UEI description of it returning the remote to the state when purchased is accurate as it is also not a 981 Factory Reset. The remote has mechanisms for a vendor to install different default values for setup codes from that of the manufacturer, and a vendor may also install device upgrades even though there is no way outside RMIR for a user to do so.

The 654 reset returns setup codes to vendor's default values rather than the manufacturer's ones. My preferred name for it would be a Vendor Reset. This remote has no equivalent of the 980 User Reset that preserves the user's setup codes, though it does have a hidden true Factory Reset.
beans00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it seem odd that the channel up/down buttons are assigned to the streamer device? You would think those would be assigned to the TV. None of my streamer devices (Roku/Shield/AppleTV) have channel up/down buttons.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart has this remote, with the A button replaced by VUDU.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Walmart has this remote, with the A button replaced by VUDU.

Do you have one? If so, does RMIR read it or does it have a different signature? If RMIR reads it, could you post a download and if it doesn't, then a raw download. I would like to discover what, if anything, has been changed internally as a result of the renaming of the A button.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link, they're asking $25 for it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/One-For-All-URC7935-Streamer-Remote/139687346
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Do you have one?

No, I just found it online. I don't use VUDU myself.

Is Walmart selling this customized version for the convenience of VUDU users? Or do they think buyers of this remote will be encouraged/tricked into using VUDU?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
mathdon wrote:
Do you have one?

No, I just found it online. I don't use VUDU myself.

Is Walmart selling this customized version for the convenience of VUDU users? Or do they think buyers of this remote will be encouraged/tricked into using VUDU?
Walmart owns Vudu. They make money if you rent from Vudu. That's why they're pushing it.
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have now posted Development build 11 of RMIR v2.07 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This build provides substantially improved support for the URC7935 OFA Streamer remote. It includes new versions of both RemoteMaster.jar and the RDF for the URC7935. The new RDF should not be used with any earlier build of RMIR.

New features are working great. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work.

I just bought a 5-port HDMI switch that I'm going to add to my setup that has a remote with Next/Previous input buttons (not all of them do!) so I'll finally be able to map the CH+/CH- buttons to something useful!

By the way, one thing that I haven't seen you mention, but is a nice touch works perfectly, is how when creating a device upgrade, changing the type of device will automatically change the mappable buttons in RM. Using this has made controlling my display in CEC mode (when necessary) a snap.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone selling these on ebay for $12.99 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audio/173952276191?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Someone selling these on ebay for $12.99 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audio/173952276191?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It is the Walmart version with VUDU, and it is open box.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably open to get the Vudu credit, so it won't come that, other than that it's good price.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
They probably open to get the Vudu credit, so it won't come that, other than that it's good price.

Only 3 left, hurry if you want one.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Edmund. Grabbed a couple myself. Reviews aren't stellar, so return rate is probably high. In typical UEI fashion, they apparently made it a bit too complicated for the average user. Good for us, bad for UEI.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they raised the price by a dollar, and got more remotes for sale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: