JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pleased if anyone who gets the Vudu version of this remote could post a raw download of it as received, before uploading anything to it with RMIR. This will help me determine what, if anything, differs between the Vudu and standard versions.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, Graham. This is indeed the VUDU version of the remote. This was done after a factory reset because this was an open box. Someone had bought it and decided they didn't like it. I used RMIR 2.07 build 10. For some reason, I couldn't get 2.08 build 2 to work with my old fake prolific jp1 cable. I'll play with it some more and see if I can figure out the problem.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25616

Update: RMIR 2.08 build 1 works with my cable just fine. There seems to be a problem with build 2 though.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
Update: RMIR 2.08 build 1 works with my cable just fine. There seems to be a problem with build 2 though.

This is strange. Can you post the rmaster.err file from a failed attempt to see if that gives me a clue?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Someone selling these on ebay for $12.99 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audio/173952276191?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

So the day posted that, before finding that deal I ordered it from walmart, after finding I tried to cancel but they said it was too late. So they both arrived today, the one from ebay had the vudu key. The one from walmart did not, and no vudu credit. Sad
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
Here you go, Graham. This is indeed the VUDU version of the remote.

Many thanks for the raw download of the Vudu version. The only difference appears to be that the default setup codes differ from those in the "standard" US version. The remote restores the setup codes to these default values on a Vendor Reset - this is the reset you did, it is not a full Factory Reset. See this earlier post of mine for more info on the difference.

That post also describes 6xx commands that replace the 9xx commands of other UEI remotes. I mentioned there the two blink-back commands 662 for the setup code of a device and 666 for the signature of the remote. There is actually a third blink-back command 665 that blinks back a four-digit code (count the flashes after buttons 1,2,3,4). I suspected that code identified the vendor defaults and this seems to confirm that. A 665 command will blink back 1111 on the Vudu version but 2222 on the standard US version. The command doesn't work on the UK version as that does not appear to have any vendor customization.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
StephenR0 wrote:

This is strange. Can you post the rmaster.err file from a failed attempt to see if that gives me a clue?

Well, I have no idea what went wrong the first time. I tried it again and it works just fine with build 2. I ordered one of the new FTDI cables that has been found to work. I'm going to have a whole bunch of those 6-pin plug ends, too. Smile It's probably best if I update to something more modern.

As far as the reset goes, I just did what was described in the online manual as a "user reset". That was described as putting it into the original condition. I'll have to play with the other commands that you described in your other post.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
As far as the reset goes, I just did what was described in the online manual as a "user reset". That was described as putting it into the original condition.

Yes, I think it describes it as returning it to the condition "as purchased", which is as the vendor set it up. There is a true Factory Reset that will remove the vendor setup by re-creating the content of the user data area from scratch, but that also deletes any device upgrades that have been added by the vendor (which are present in both the Vudu and standard US versions). This is equivalent to the 981 reset of other remotes. I haven't posted instructions for doing it, but I can if anyone wants them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
This is equivalent to the 981 reset of other remotes. I haven't posted instructions for doing it, but I can if anyone wants them.

Graham, could you update the wiki page with the instructions please:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Reset_Instructions
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting two of the ebay ones. This is one strange and complicated remote to have such simple functionality. Working great in Remote Master though. Graham, thanks for all your hard work on this. The Activities notes in RMIR are very helpful as are the colors.

One question though. The red Power button doesn't appear to do anything even if you assign a function to it in every device upgrade (TV, Audio and Streamer). The only way I can get it to do anything is assign a macro to it. Is this really how it works, or am I missing something?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here someone selling them for $10.70 with free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223581452650
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Graham, could you update the wiki page with the instructions please:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Reset_Instructions

Rob, I have no idea how to update the wiki page but here are the instructions for a Factory Reset. Perhaps you could transfer them to the wiki, please.
    * Take out at least one battery from each column of two. (It seems that the two columns of batteries are connected in parallel, the remote works if there are batteries on only one side).
    * With the batteries out, press any key. This step seems to be essential.
    * Put the batteries back and within 6 seconds, press the TV_Power and Options keys together. There should be two flashes.
    * Press in sequence the Options, Replay and Back keys. (These correspond to entering a setup code 653.) Four flashes mean a successful factory reset.

Last edited by mathdon on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The red Power button doesn't appear to do anything even if you assign a function to it in every device upgrade (TV, Audio and Streamer). The only way I can get it to do anything is assign a macro to it. Is this really how it works, or am I missing something?

The red Power button should send the Power signal for the Streamer device. All the built-in Streamer setup codes have a Power signal. If the button doesn't work when you assign a built-in code to Streamer, post a .rmir file of your setup and I will have a look at it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Rob, I have no idea how to update the wiki page but here are the instructions for a Factory Reset. Perhaps you could transfer them to the wiki, please.

Done
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Reset_Instructions#One_For_All_URC_7935_Streamer:
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
mdavej wrote:
The red Power button doesn't appear to do anything even if you assign a function to it in every device upgrade (TV, Audio and Streamer). The only way I can get it to do anything is assign a macro to it. Is this really how it works, or am I missing something?

The red Power button should send the Power signal for the Streamer device. All the built-in Streamer setup codes have a Power signal. If the button doesn't work when you assign a built-in code to Streamer, post a .rmir file of your setup and I will have a look at it.
Please take a look at this. Using this file, which has a Power assignment in my Streamer device (Cable device type), Power buttons behaves as if no function is assigned.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25617
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mdavej
I have loaded your setup into my Streamer and IRScope shows that the red Power button sends NEC1 dev=2 subdev=125, OBC=70 which is what the Device Upgrade Editor shows is assigned to that button. The only difference I see from the behaviour of other buttons is that it sends one frame followed by three dittos regardless of how long the button is held for. I presume this is a feature built in to the remote. Are you sure this is not what your remote is doing?

The TV_Power button will have no effect in a Streamer upgrade as that button is not included in the Streamer button map. The remote does not support key moves and signals placed on buttons that are not in the button map (those with a * in the Buttons tab) use key moves to send those signals. The same goes for the red Power button in a TV upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: