JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I understand what you're saying about real-time macros, I realize that the URC-7880 documentation is trying to describe that on the three app shortcut keys. I've used those keys for regular macros, but it might be interesting to have the real-time macro capability on those keys at some point. It's certainly not an emergency though.
beans00

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My use case is for my dear 83 year old mother-in-law.

I would like to program the app shortcut keys to power on the TV, receiver, and Roku, select the correct HDMI port on the receiver using a discrete, then start the app.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@beans00
That should be possible, even without RMIR but certainly with it. Discretes for HDMI1 through HDMI4 are included in the built-in TV setup codes. To see how to access them without RMIR, see the Extra Functions info on the UEI website for the remote. They will be listed as phantom buttons in RMIR.
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

The bottom four buttons on the remote can hold real-time macros. These will be editable with RMIR, but all buttons can have ordinary macros and these can only be created with RMIR. As far as I can tell, key moves are not supported, but I can't see that they would be much use, either.

I am curious as to what you would like to be able to do with this remote that cannot be done directly on the remote. RMIR will make setup easier, and will show exactly what has been set up, but it is additional features that I am interested in. If I knew what you would like, I would be in a better position to see if it is possible.

There are a couple of things. First and foremost I'm just curious about the ultimate capabilities of the remote, i.e. phantom devices, and if the TV and Soundbar ring colors could be changed (I'm guessing no?). I'd also like it if you could put a custom color on individual keys, both for fun, and to have other colors for learned signals from fourth or fifth devices. I plan to get an HDMI switch for my setup eventually and being able to control it as another device, or just map the input selection to the source button and have it be a fourth color would be cool.

Given that I personally use the remote with a FLIRC for an Amazon Fire stick, being able to control repeats and duration of signals may help me operate it a little more like the original remote but that's standard RMIR capability.

The big one I'm interested in is being able to TOGGLE the remote into TV or soundbar mode. Currently, once you set up a streamer, the arrows and OK button will always control the streaming device. The exception is if you push the source button; once you do, the arrows switch to controlling the TV until you hit OK (this is so you can select your input from the TV's menu). I'd like to be able to, say, press the N button and have the remote send TV signals until I press it again, so that I could open my TV's settings menu. As I type that it sounds like it might require an extender.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NOAMattD
Most, if not all, of your wish list would require an extender. I may look into writing one, but at present I am not even sure if that is possible.

@StephenR0
I have just noticed that the three app shortcut keys of the URC-7880 have the same logos as three of the four such keys of the URC-7935. To add RMIR support for real-time macros on these keys of the URC-7880, just edit the RDF and add $03 after $01 in the SegmentTypes entry of the [General] section.

RMIR does not allow you to create new real-time macros. I see little point in it doing so, as you usually would want to record an actual key sequence when operating your equipment. But once you have created a real-time macro on a key, RMIR will display it and allow you to edit it, even to the extent of completely changing the keys, their hold durations and the intervals between them. So if you really want to create a new one with RMIR, just use the remote to create a simple one, such as a single keypress, then edit it into the one you actually want. My expectation, however, is that the main use of editing these macros is to tweak an existing one by adjusting the timing rather than making wholesale changes.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll have to play around with it. One thing did occur to me as I was looking at the URC7935. It looks like there may be a US version and a UK (or everywhere else) version of that remote. The US version has an "H" app shortcut key for Hulu. And the other version has what looks like a strip of film on that key. Is there any chance that the US version has different device setup codes like we discovered between the URC-7980 and the URC-7880? Just a thought.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

European vs. USA models typically do have totally different setup codes.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if that's the case, is there any way one of the US owners of that remote could dump the setup codes? Graham has already bought one of these remotes. It would be nice if we could get him what he needs without buying another.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
One thing did occur to me as I was looking at the URC7935. It looks like there may be a US version and a UK (or everywhere else) version of that remote. The US version has an "H" app shortcut key for Hulu. And the other version has what looks like a strip of film on that key.

Mine has what looks like a strip of film but I read it as a fancy script H. UK and US versions do normally have different setup codes, but they also have different signatures. If someone can do a raw download of a US model (RMIR v2.07 can do that without needing an RDF) and open it with a text editor, it has the signature in ASCII at the top. On mine that is:
Code:
[Signature]
0000:  32  36  32  34  30  33

giving a signature of 262403.
beans00

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My US model says:

Code:
[Signature]
0000:  32  36  32  34  30  33
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same signature, same model number, so my guess is that they are identical. I don't think there is much more to be done until I have an RMIR you can download to. Then it will be a question of seeing if RMIR, with the codes from my remote, says that your setup codes are invalid.
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing the research Graham. Looking forward to being able to set things up in RMIR regardless.

Out of curiosity, if function from the TV or soundbar devices is assigned to a key via RMIR, will the remote use the right color? for example, I have the lamp saver for my projector taught to the Hulu key via learning, and the remote flashes the streamers color when I press it.

The support files for both regions on the one for all site point to identical documents as well for setup codes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAMattD wrote:
Out of curiosity, if function from the TV or soundbar devices is assigned to a key via RMIR, will the remote use the right color?

Sorry, I don't know the answer. It should do whatever the remote does if you make the assignment directly with the remote. I am not clear from your question whether that is the behaviour you want, or not.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build 9 of RMIR v2.07 is now available in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. It provides full support for all features of the URC-7935. This upgrade to build 9 includes RDF, map and image files for that remote, but note that those files should not be used with any earlier build of RMIR as the RDF syntax has needed additions to support features of the remote that have not been seen previously.

There are two such features. One is the ability to select the color of the LED ring when a Streamer signal is sent. The other is the ability to set the physical Input button to act as one of five logical buttons, namely Input and HDMI1 through HDMI4. Here is how those features are supported in RMIR.

The Device Buttons table on the [General] panel now has a column "Ring Color" that displays for this remote. This shows the color associated with each of the three devices TV, Audio (Sound Bar) and Streamer. The TV and Audio colors are fixed as yellow and green but the Streamer color can be selected from a range of over 100 colors. To set the color with RMIR, double-click the table cell for Streamer color to open it for editing with a color spinner. While the mouse pointer remains on that cell, your cursor up/down keys will scroll through the available colors (or you can use the up/down arrows on the right in the spinner, but those are rather small and fiddly). Press return or click outside the cell to end editing.

(note: this paragraph is no longer valid, the Input button settings are now in the General pane). To change the logical button of the Input physical button, you need to have the remote's image displayed. Select the Devices tab and open the Device Upgrade Editor either by pressing New or, if you have any device upgrades set up, opening one to edit. Then select the Layout tab in that editor. Below the image are five phantom buttons. By default these are Exit and HDMI1 through HDMI4, with the Input button on the main image being the logical Input button. If you click on the Input button in the main image then the Button box in the right-hand panel will display the name of the assigned logical button, so by default will display Input. But that Button box also becomes a drop-down box that you can use to select any of the logical buttons Input or HDMI1 through HDMI4. If you select one of the HDMI buttons then that gets assigned to the physical Input button and its corresponding phantom button now becomes Input. You can end the assignment by pressing the Cancel button, which cancels any device upgrade creation or editing but does not cancel this assignment. Or of course, if you wish, you can combine this assignment process with device upgrade creation or editing and end by pressing OK.

Some further information about this remote is provided in a Notes panel on the [General] tab. These are non-editable notes that are separate from the editable panel for user notes. You can scroll through these notes but if you want to make them easier to read then the notes panel can be enlarged. Both the divider that separates the two notes panels from the table above, and the divider between the two notes panels, can be adjusted by clicking and dragging that divider.

Please report here your experience with the support for this remote. Please also report any bugs to the support of other remotes that may have been created inadvertently by the changes needed to support this remote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to update the protocol versions in the RDF. This is relevant if you are creating a device upgrade. Please replace the [Protocols] section in the RDF with:

[Protocols]
001A, 001C, 001F:8, 0020:2, 0027:new, 0034, 0045, 004B:7, 0058:2, 005A,
005C, 005D, 005E:2, 005F, 0065:2, 006A:4, 0073, 007E:5, 0087, 008F,
0098:2, 009C, 00A5, 00AF:2, 00B6, 00C9, 00CA, 00CD:2, 00E2, 00E8,
00EB, 00EF, 00F8:3, 010C, 0114:2, 011A:2, 011B, 011E, 012A:2, 0160,
016C:2, 016F, 0173:3, 017E, 0184:2, 019B, 01A4:2, 01AA, 01AC, 01AD,
01B5, 01B9, 01C8, 01C9, 01DC, 01E0, 0206, 021A, 021B, 0228,
0230, 0232, 0237, 023A, 023B, 023E, 0240, 0246, 025B, 026A,
02A4

It is the numbers after the colons that were missing.

Edit: This change has been incorporated into the RDF in build 10, but please note that it is not the only change between the RDFs in builds 9 and 10.

Last edited by mathdon on Sat May 11, 2019 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: