JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Homeworx HW180STB PVR, 2018 model, V11.3 software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaldBob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Homeworx HW180STB PVR, 2018 model, V11.3 software Reply with quote

Subject: Homeworx HW180STB PVR, 2018 model, V11.3 software

1. Device: Homeworx HW180STB
2. Type of device: STB/PVR
3. Year: 2018
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OARUSB04G
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes, http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13186
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? n/a

10. Learning remote question? Tried. Get into fast blink, OARUSB04G acts like it accepted the IR signal (or times out), press Learn to save the code. DL into RMIR and there is/are no learned codes. So nothing to post.

11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything

12. If you have a OARUSB04G (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? Never got simpleset to work. Result from remote upload "Upload Failed. The file type is not correct." Attempting to 'Restore Remote' returns "Server Error in '/' Application. 403 Forbidden" The simpleset url indicates URC_6540.

The 'Timer' button displays the time recording list, unmutes, and also sends 'volume up'.
'USB' button for recorded items sends 0- (zero dash) as a channel. When followed by '3' (as 0-3) the TV mutes.
0 (zero) button sends 0, unmutes, and also sends 'volume down'.
Everything else I have tried works as expected.

I have the OARUSB04G set to 'punch through' volume to my LG sound bar.

We create our own problems.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I understand this post correctly, you're not really looking for a code or upgrade, you have found an upgrade and you're giving us a report on how well it works. Everything works as you would expect, except for the TIMER and USB buttons.

So, this upgrade uses the NEC1 protocol, which is the single most common protocol in the world of remote controls, so your OARUSB04G should have no trouble learning it. If you are having problems learning it, I think I know what's happening. The NEC1 signal sends its data just once, then if you hold the button down, it sends a data-less stream over and over. So, if you only capture the repeating portion and miss the data portion, you will get meaningless learns.

So, here's what you need to do:
1. Line the two remotes up
2. Put the OARUSB04G in learning mode and press the button to be taught
3. Wait a second
4, Start pressing the Hmeworx button

Once you've got the process down, learn any buttons that are not accounted for in the upgrade, then either load a new upgrade or report back here what the learned codes are and we'll add them to the existing upgrade.

Just FYI, that particular upgrade was created by Alan, our Slingbox expert, and he creates them by learning the signals from his Harmony, so his upgrades are only as good as the Harmony code that he's learning from, so there are bound to be some inconsistencies with the original remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: