JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp Bluray player BD-HP25X
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Sharp Bluray player BD-HP25X Reply with quote

1. Device: Sharp BD-HP25X
2. Type of device: Bluray Player
3. Year: 2015 ?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC8910 / Comcast URC-1067Bx3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? Maybe
10. Learning remote question? as well

Hi all,

Not so much looking for a readily available upgrade, but seeking help with following my usual procedure which for some (unknown to me) reason has stumbled this time. Here goes.

I got a few Harmony remotes, and what I usually do when I need a JP1 upgrade for a particular gadget is I program my Harmony using their (Logitech's) database (it normally finds the device in the database easily), then learn a couple of commands from it using my URC8910 and then decode the learned signals, working out the protocol parameters and OEM codes. Usually works a charm, but today it didn't. Please help.

I programed my Harmony with BD-HP25X data. All works.
I then learned the "Power" button from Harmony into URC8910 and checked that the learned Power button also controls BD-player when operated from URC8910. So far so good.
I connected the URC8910 to PC and ran RMIR to decode the learned Power button. Here's what it reported:

AUX, Power, Size=45, Freq=37735, Protocol=SharpDVD, Dev=8, SubDev=48, OBC=65, Hex Cmd = 7D 70, Misc: E=1

I then created the new device, and chose a SharpDVD protocol (from drop-down list) and Dev/Subdev parameters as above (I haven't edited the protocol!).
In that device I only left one function (Power, OEM=65) and assigned it to Power button, then loaded this single-button upgrade to my Comcast URC-1067Bx3.

No go. The remote doesn't work in that the BD-player does not hear it.
Where to next?

Thanks,
DS
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DS,
Could you load an IR or RMIR file that has both the original learns and the upgrade that you created please. That way, I will be able to see exactly what the learns look like and hopefully spot what you did wrong in the upgrade.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quickly offered hand, Rob. As usually.
I will upload the files tonight (local time) when I get back home.
Watch this space.
Thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, and just FYI, there is another thread about a Sharp DVD player that uses the same code and it looks like the RMDU file was constructed the same way you were doing it, but there wasn't any confirmation on whether the user got it working or not.

Thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14452

File:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11596

Here's another idea for you, if you want the ability to figure this sort of thing out yourself.

You could try learning the buttons using the URC-8910 from the Comcast remote, then you can compare the learns from the Harmony with the learns from your upgrade, to see if you can spot the difference.

If you do that and can't spot the difference, post that file so I can see it, as I bet I can.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is the progress update.

I have reviewed the suggested topic and tried the upgrade from there. To no avail.

So, I have worked through the following steps, and captured the relevant files from each step (four files all together). The files are in the ZIP archive here. Below are the notes to go with that ZIP file:

Step01:
I have learned the Power key from working Logitech remote into my URC8910, and confirmed that the learned button on URC8910 also happily controls the BD player.
I have noted that the protocol of the learned signal is Sharp DVD, Dev-8, Subdev=48, and Power button OBC is 65.
The image of URC8910 after learning is inside ZIP under this name:
AfterStep01_URC8910_LearnedPowerButton_Works.rmir

Step02:
I have created the upgrade based on protocol=Sharp DVD, Dev=8, Subdev=48, containing only Power button with OBC=65.
That upgrade filename in ZIP archive is:
Step02_Comcast1067_SingleButton_Upgrade.rmdu
I then loaded that upgrade into my Comcast 1067 and tried it - it did NOT work - the BD player is not turning on and off with Power Button.
The image of that Comcast1067 with the above single-button upgrade loaded into it is called:
AfterStep02_Comcast1067_SingleButton_in_CBL.rmir

Step03:
I have then learned the (not working) power button from Comcast1067 into the same URC8910 (I used different button ("1") on URC8910 this time).
I can see that the new (non-working) learn is different from the old (working) learn at least by main Dev (0 vs 8) and the transmission frequency.
I have saved the image of URC8910 containing both learned signals into this file:
AfterStep03_URC8910_LearnedPowerAnd1_Buttons.rmir

It is beyond my expertise in JP1 to analyze the learned signals in details and find out where exactly along the way the things went pear-shaped.
I kindly ask for the help from the community.

Thanks a lot,
DS
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a file for Sharp Bluray "All models" at Control Tower by Globalcache. Turns out that it is signals SharpDVD, device 8, subdevice 48, consistent with observations above. I used IrScrutinizer and the method described here to generate an rmdu update.

Possibly it helps.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below the boxes where you enter the device and sub-device codes is a box called Leadout(mS) which you left blank, try changing this to "20".

If you want to know how I know to try changing that, open the Step03 file, go to the Learns tab and click on Timing Summary, then scroll all the way to the right, you'll notice that the original learn ends with a -20,352 leadout time, and the upgrade learn ends with a -43,500 time.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on, I just noticed that the device code is not making it into the learned signal, it's showing as 0 rather than 8, so there must be a bug in protocols.ini

EDIT: I'm not seeing anything wrong in protocols.ini as it is passing the right fixed data into the executor, and I'm not seeing anything wrong in the executor itself, so I'm stumped as to why the device code is not showing up in the learns.

Best I can suggest is setting the correct leadout time and see if that works. If it doesn't, please post another RMIR file with new learns from the modified upgrade.

You could also try adding the upgrade to your URC-8910 to see if that makes a difference.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were the known bluray codes in directv remotes back the day:

Denon: 22258
Insignia: 20675, 22428
Integra: 22147
LG: 20741
Magnavox: 20625
Marantz: 22414
Olevia: 22331
Onkyo: 22147
Panasonic: 20490, 21641
Philips: 22084, 22434
Pioneer: 20142, 22442
Samsung: 20199
Sharp: 22250
Sony: 21516
Sylvania: 20675
Yamaha: 22298
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all contributors.

Quick update before I go to work:

1) Barf's upgrade loaded into my Comcast1067 does not work (BD player is not reacting to buttonpresses)

2) I tried to load my yesterday's single-button upgrade above (Step02_Comcast1067_SingleButton_Upgrade.rmdu) into my URC8910 (instead of Comcast1067) - nope, it doesn't work either.

3) Rob, I don't have a box called "LeadOut" below Dev and SubDev boxes in my version of RMIR (I still use 2.03 rev 7). Is there a setting somewhere that enables it, or should I just simply install the latest RMIR? (in which case I will only have time to do that tonight)

EDIT: Rob, have you noticed that not only the Dev code doesn't make it into the learn (becomes 0 instead of 8) but also the transmission frequency is different between the first (successful) and second (bad) learns ?

Thank you fellows.
DS
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:

1) Barf's upgrade loaded into my Comcast1067 does not work (BD player is not reacting to buttonpresses)

Stupid question: You did make at least some button assignments, didn't you? The file I made did not have any at all, to keep things clean.

You really should use the current version of RM before asking for help. Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
3) Rob, I don't have a box called "LeadOut" below Dev and SubDev boxes in my version of RMIR (I still use 2.03 rev 7). Is there a setting somewhere that enables it, or should I just simply install the latest RMIR? (in which case I will only have time to do that tonight)

I agree with Barf, you should always be using the latest version, or at least upgrade to it when things don't work, just in case the problem is caused by out of date software. This might also be why the device code isn't being set properly.

digital_silence wrote:
EDIT: Rob, have you noticed that not only the Dev code doesn't make it into the learn (becomes 0 instead of 8) but also the transmission frequency is different between the first (successful) and second (bad) learns ?

I did notice the frequency difference, but I don't expect that would be an issue. If everything else were correct and it still didn't work, then I'd look at modifying the frequency.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
digital_silence wrote:

Stupid question: You did make at least some button assignments, didn't you? The file I made did not have any at all, to keep things clean.

You really should use the current version of RM before asking for help. :wink:
Yes, I did assign both POWER TOGGLE and POWER ON to the two different buttons, and the LED on Comcast goes on when I press them. Neither works.
Your upgrade is basically the same as mine, except mine has only one function Power.

The comment about the Ver # is fair. Will get it up to date tonight.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is the next update.
A lot of info. I'll try to be as clear as I can, but bear with me for a kind of a braindump - the info is not well logically structured. I have to type it down while I still remember what is what... Here we go...

Refer to the newly uploaded ZIP file HERE for further reading.

0) I have upgraded to RMIR 2.07 build 2 and from this place on, everything I'll write was done using the new version. Forget about the old one.

1) I have loaded two upgrades: Barf's and mine (from yesterday) - both unmodified - into Comcast1067 (further: CC1067) using the new RMIR.
The image of that remote with two upgrades is called Image1_C1067_Barfs_and_mine_bothUnmodifies.rmir
Neither worked.

2) I changed the LeadOut setting to 20mS as per Rob's suggestion in both Barf's and my upgrades. The image of that remote with two upgrades is called Image2_C1067_Barfs_and_mine_bothLeadoutsSetTo20.rmir
Neither worked.

3) I have then learned the five following signals into my URC8910 in the following sequence:
button 1 - working Logitech Remote
button 2 - Barf's upgrade - unmodified - Power Toggle button
button 3 - My upgrade - unmodified - Power button
button 4 - Barf's upgrade - LeadOut=20mS - Power Toggle button
button 5 - My upgrade - LeadOut=20mS - Power button

The image of that URC8910 remote with all five learned signals is called Image3_URC8910_all_Learns.rmir

That was about it, but I then noticed that the Hex cmd's for the "non-working" learns of "Power" button (OBC=65) are 7D 71, as opposed to 7D 70 for the working signal (all protocol parameters were identical).

I also noticed that yesterday I missed one thing: when I attempted to load my upgrade to URC8910, it has changed the protocol from SharpDVD/8/48 into Kaseikyo/170/90/ /48 (Main Dev was blank)

So, I went and changed the main Dev to 8, and that upgrade (for URC8910) worked! I included it under the name of ThisSeemsToWork!_URC8910_Incomplete!.rmdu

Next, I tried to do the same trick for CC1067 (select the Kaseikyo protocol with parameters as above), but I noticed that Hex Cmd for the Power button (OBC=65) was again 7D 71, and the upgrade didn't work. When I manually force-edited the Hex Cmd into 7D 70, the upgrade worked. I included it under the name ThisSeemsToWork!_CC1067_Incomplete!.rmdu

I also played around with LeadOut setting in the working upgrades, but that didn't seem to have made any difference - worked for all none/20/44 settings
as long as Hex Cmd was set to 7D 70.

And finally, I tried to used SharpDVD/8/48 protocol and again, manually edit the Hex Cmd for Power function (OBC=65) forcing it to 7D 70.
That worked, but I noticed that when I re-enter to edit the device, the setting was set back to 7D 71, which I can't explain.

That's probably all. I am sure the info above will make a lot of sense for experts, but I feel like I was just shooting in the dark.

Anyway, if someone cares to digest that info and make an upgrade (based on Barf's) that will work, this would be fantastic.

Sorry for the long post.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15183

I posted this thread for sharp an-ip100 and forum expert got it resolved. There was a bug in sharpdvd protocol. I am not sure if it is fixed in the latest version. Check page 3 where 3FG said "I've updated the SharpDVDTranslator. I expected to find a coding error in calculating the XORs, but in fact the code was obviously written before we had much understanding of the checksums used in Kaseikyo type protocols. The existing code didn't perform XORs at all. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: