JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.07 build 2 with a URC-7880 and BLED112
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, isn't he going to need build 10 in addition to build 2 to support his URC-7880 remote with the latest RDF file and code?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course he is. Somehow I just wasn't thinking Embarassed . Now you have said that, I think I see what has happened. I think he has installed the build 10 update as if it was the complete application.

So, snidely, you really do have to do a complete reinstallation of RMIR. First follow the instructions I pointed you to, to install the complete build 2 of RMIR. Then, if you haven't already got it, download the development update to build 10. Unzip that into the folder containing build 2, overwriting any files of the same name. Then you will have a complete installation of build 10, the latest development build, which you need for full support of the URC7880.

I am sorry for my earlier confusion.
snidely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. The problem was that I googled the 7880, and it popped me into build10, and that's what I started with. I knew that error message had to be wrong.

Now everything seems to be working fine after unzipping build10 over build 2
I just did a regular download after using the phone app, so it looks like they can exist together. I'm a very happy camper!

I also ordered a jp1.2 1.3 ftdi cable. Does that work with the 7880?
I also have a 9910B01 and a 7800 Cinema 7, but it only has holes.
I might need a jp1 cable, but I wasn't able to determine that for sure.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the FTDI cable from? Do you have a link?

The URC-9910 and URC-7800 are both JP1 remotes, nobody makes JP1 cables anymore, so you'll need a JP1 adapter for these remotes.

The URC-7800 is completely programmable, but as you noticed, there are just holes where the 6-pin should be, but if you have the pins, they are easy to solder in and that's all that's missing, you don't need to add anything else.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My URC-7880 came with what appeared to be the usual JP1 connector. I've used several JP1 remotes over the years, so I thought I'd try an old usb JP1 adapter that I'd built a few years ago and it worked just fine. I was able to use it to help Graham get things going with this remote. Now, my adapter uses a fake Prolific chip that the Prolific driver won't work with. But I have a driver that makes it work. I think that if you get a good FTDI cable, you should be good. I do like using bluetooth, however.
snidely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Where did you get the FTDI cable from? Do you have a link?

I ordered it from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EO07URM
snidely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. I ordered the 6 pin headers and the JP1 adapter. Now all I need is the widget so I can use IRScope.

I can't determine who actually still sells it. Anybody know?
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the market place subforum.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

You might want to make sure he's still around, though.
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out this alternative.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=IrScrutinizer_Guide

http://www.harctoolbox.org/arduino_nano.html

http://www.harctoolbox.org/arduino_nano_part2.html

Here's the starting thread.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14986
snidely

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. I just wanted to thank the 3 of you for helping me out so much. Tommy Tyler sent me an IRWidget, and I got the FTDI JP1.x and JP1 adaptor from DIYGadget.

I soldered in the 6 pin header on my 7800 and didn't even pull up a pad. (I saw the old post at Remote Central). It was so cool to finally see the insides of it, and of course my 9910 also.

I was wondering if any of you know the EFC range on a Sony STR-DH590 receiver, which uses the setup code 2475. I've tried everything from 00001 to 00356 and I get no reaction. I'm able to use all the old 3 digit EFCs by adding 0 0 in front of them on all my other equipment, but not a budge on the Sony rcvr.

I tried learning arrow up from the rcvr to the A key on the 7880, and RMIR shows this under learned Signals/Edit:

protocol=Sony15, device=176, OBC=120, Hex=1E and EFC=194, but hitting magic once 00194 does nothing of course, since that was in the range I tried already. Hitting the A key does do arrow up, so that much is working.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try code 1758 in the 7880 remote and these efc's;

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?5279

Or code aud 2172 and these efc's:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/oem/thread.cgi?49
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2475 setup code uses the Sony Combo (12/15/20) protocol, which in turn uses 2-byte hex codes that require the full 5 digits of EFC5. Here's how you can find the EFC5 code for your signal. Open RMIR and load a setup for your URC7880. You are not going to save this, so any setup will do, or you can even use the New button on the toolbar and select the URC7880. Open the Devices tab and press the New button on the button bar at the bottom. This opens the Device Upgrade Editor. In the Protocol drop-down box on the Setup tab, select Sony Combo (12/15/20). Don't fill in any other values on the Setup tab, instead open the Functions tab. Now, under any function name you like (you might as well use the top one, digit 0), fill in the Protocol, Device and OBC values. The Protocol entry on this tab is a drop-down that lists the three Sony protocols, so select Sony15. Fill in Device=176, OBC=120 (or any other signal you wish) and the other columns will get populated. The EFC5 column for this signal says 62152. That is the value you want.

Don't worry that the EFC column says something different from the 194 of IRScope. A protocol can have several executors that send different hex codes for the same signal. It is the device, subdevice if any, and OBC codes that identify the signal, not the raw hex, as different executors encode these values in different ways. The EFC, or EFC5 for 2-byte hex codes, are encryptions of the hex value and are not directly related to the device and OBC codes.

Please try this method and report back whether or not it works for you.
snidely

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, MaskedMan. I found several EFCs that worked without changing setup from 2475.

Mathdon-Thanks so much for the info on getting my own EFCs!
It works great!

There is 1 EFC that doesn't seem to work. One of the HDMI buttons labeled MediaBox. The particulars are: sony20, dev 16, sub 104, OBC 64, which gives me 23244. Any ideas?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snidely wrote:
There is 1 EFC that doesn't seem to work. One of the HDMI buttons labeled MediaBox. The particulars are: sony20, dev 16, sub 104, OBC 64, which gives me 23244. Any ideas?

This signal is not compatible with setup 2475, as the only valid Sony20 subdevice codes with that setup are 8, 40 and 73. If you have any other Sony20 signals, you need to fill in the Protocol Parameters panel on the Setup tab with the values 40, 8, 40, 73 in that order as these values are set by setup 2475.

Edit:
Receiver setup code 4285 supports Sony20 subdevice 104. For its EFC5 codes for Sony20 the Protocol Parameter values you would need to enter are 8, 40, 104, 0. I don't know if this would be any help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Edit: Receiver setup code 4285 supports Sony20 subdevice 104. For its EFC5 codes for Sony20 the Protocol Parameter values you would need to enter are 8, 40, 104, 0. I don't know if this would be any help.

That gives EFC5 23240, with setup code 4285 {edited}

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: