JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

macros problems and questions re URC 8910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: macros problems and questions re URC 8910 Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm attempting to rebuild my remote configuration on a URC 8910B02
after my 8811 failed a few weeks ago. I am using the latest versions of KM and IR and I'm finding it fairly involved to port my old configuration over, which was built using IR version 5.? and at least one extender.

I'm not trying to do anything crazy. The main device keys (e.g. DVD) will invoke macros that power up stuff appropriately, set the various modes, and assign the transport mode to the appropriate device, etc. I am sure loads of you have done this with the 8910.

I am using the rdf file marked "URC 8910 / URC 9910 / HTPro One For All Extender 1"

I cannot seem to get macros working at all!

I built a test file with just the TV device. The remote can talk to the TV okay, but as an experiment I added a couple of dummy macros. One to the m1 key, and two to device keys. These macros just send useless stuff to the tv, like 1,2,3,enter. When I push these buttons nothing happens, and the led on the remote doesn't blink like it used to on the 8811

my specific questions are:

a) am I right in assuming that macros can be assigned to device keys with this RDF file / remote combination?

b) does anyone have any idea why the macros aren't working at all, even the one assigned to m1? Could I be missing some step? (if anyone wants the .ir file let me know)

c) can someone point me to docs explaining how to use the "keys" avaiable in the macro builder "set_trans_keys", etc?
(I guess the macro sequence is
"set_trans_keys
dvd
but that could be way off

d) volume is always mapped to the amp, is there a way to set this globally?

thanks a lot for your help
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: macros problems and questions re URC 8910 Reply with quote

friendlyfire wrote:
I am using the rdf file marked "URC 8910 / URC 9910 / HTPro One For All Extender 1"
Did you actually load the extender in the 8910 or did you just start using a new IR file with that RDF?
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for replying.
I just started the new IR with this RDF, no additional steps...

I did a bit of digging and it seems that the usage of the set_trans_keys is like so:

DEV_DVD
SET_TRANS_KEYS

which hopefully sets the transport keys to the device allocated to DVD.
is this right?
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I got it going now. I found the documentation assocated with the extender and realize I was missing a few steps, and this answered as well my other questions.... case closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: