JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056 shows up as urc-2035

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bt101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056 shows up as urc-2035 Reply with quote

Hi - I bought an Atlas 1056 from Ebay (says 1056B04) on the back. If I go into remotemaster, I can find this remote as "Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)".
I think they're pretty common (at least I see them everywhere).

However when I go into rmir and download from device, it shows up as signature 356801 "URC-2025B2". The picture of the device looks a bit like the Atlas 1056 but it is quite different and is missing a lot of buttons.

Is there a way I can get rmir to recognise it as the an Atlas 1056 (or perhaps I'm doing something wrong and I can force it or something).

Thanks
bt101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I think I've worked around the problem.

I'm just continuing to use the urc-2025 rdf. It appears that the extra keys on this remote show up as phantomX keys. I can't assign keys using the graphical picture, but luckily there is another tab in the upgrade editor where the keys can be assigned in a table.

As some posts suggested, you can figure out what the phantom keys are by jamming them into a macro and viewing the results.

I notice this remote does not have key moves or efcs, so I'm doing as other posts have suggested and just jamming everything I need into the upgrades.

Kudos to those who have developed all of the jp1 software. It was impressive enough years ago, but I was over the moon when I took a second look after several years to see it runs on linux.

I do have a suggestion...

To solve the problem, I did a lot of searching on the topic of creating your own rdf for a remote. From what I can see, it is recommended to upload the data and have experts look at it. eg:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=59583&sid=119c317df4a7e32e8e3b0376874e0ca2

That's very gracious for someone to do that. However it may be beneficial to have a tutorial/instructions for creating rdfs. A lot of people like myself would like to do it, and it may result in a community effort such as the device upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: