JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox custom issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Slingbox custom issue Reply with quote

Hi all (Merry Christmas by the way) .... Things have changed on setting up my Slingbox since doing it a few years back .... I am trying to upload the .bin file for my ALBA CDVB5 freeview box which isn't listed on the Slingbox list ...so I have always gone custom ....custom and then the Slingbox menu would ask me to find the file ( I normally put these on my desktop) and then upload it ... I have found my .bin file but now the Slingbox doesn't seem to allow me to search and upload the file sitting on my desktop ?? Is there another way to do this these days ?? The alternative is to check each code 1 to 47 on their list but even doing that non of these work anyway ?? any help appreciated

Kind regards
Paul
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been back to the setup on the slingbox and although I am broadcasting well , I dont have the remote to control the Alba box I have had another look at this and still don't see anywhere how I can upload this .bin file ... I have only the choice of other or custom in the dropdowns and not as before custom and custom to upload ///Mmm bit stuck now !!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved your post to the slingbox forum, so we will draw Alan's attention.

In the meantime there is a really important post for you to read
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16485

In this post you'll find a link to the JP1 forum's slingbox wiki as well as the important questions to answer when you ask for help on a slingbox.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html

Thank you for the notes I have read these and as per my posting I dont get the " get file " only to enter a code ? this is the bit that I am struggling with If you can shed light on this aspect it would be appreciated I am running the box on composite and I have been through each type of input to see if I can get to the select file as I used to but at the moment it doesn't seem to be there regards
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Slingbox are you using ? There are 3 different sections in the notes so I need to know which section And where EXACTLY in the notes is something wrong ?
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Which Slingbox are you using ? There are 3 different sections in the notes so I need to know which section And where EXACTLY in the notes is something wrong ?

I have the slingbox pro ,and I don't think there is anything wrong with the instructions as I have followed this in the past before .. I have had to refer to them again just to refresh my mind ... I think the issue is something has changed on the setup of the slingbox as although you search for custom and custom again I now don't see the upload file box anymore ?? Also I note if you go to slingbox.com website it just flashes ...??... Are they not in operation anymore ?? I have tried on several days and get the same outcome , are they not in operation anymore?? regards
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a reset on the Slingbox

And Slie no more. They stopped building Slingboxes months ago and pulled all the Web presence.
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Slingbox custom issue Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Try a reset on the Slingbox

And Slie no more. They stopped building Slingboxes months ago and pulled all the Web presence.

Hi Alan , Still no go ...reset the box at least 6 times and tried to set it up and enable me to upload your .bin code but still no luck ...I went all through all the options of inputs ie cable box, VCR, other controllable boxes etc and even tried all of the Alba codes to see if one worked but nothing ...The slingbox does not allow me to search or upload your.bin code anymore it only shows a box and says "please enter code" which is obtained from the dropdown menu above

Quite disappointing that they have just pulled the plug and left people stranded ..it wouldn't have been so bad if they had put a note on the web page rather than just see it flash ...quite bizzare if you ask me and pretty unfair to all the people who have invested in their product .....

Are there alternative products on the market these days at all ?

The only other thing for me is to perhaps find one of the tv boxes shown on their list code and try that ...otherwise I am stuck on one channel ...not good !!

I note as I was going through some of the menus and windows they refer to adding Roku ? Is this the pen one uses to access NOW tv or Amazon prime and if so how does one set that up ??

Anyway Alan thank you for your time and efforts in replying and also thanks for the past support over the years regards Paul
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In still can't help as you won't tell me EXACTLY where in the instructions you get to where it doesn't match what you expect. Until you do that I am stuck. (At no point in the instructions can I see a 'please enter code' option).

Google Roku if you want to know about it.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to set up a video source for a pro hd with slingplayer desktop 5, and it seems there is no response if I click on configure button and I cannot set up a pro hd. If I try to set up a 350 by clicking on configure button, it brings me to a screen where I can select source. In short, it seems slingmedia stops supporting setting up a prohd from within slingplayer desktop 5.

However, I was able to configure a pro hd with slingplayer 2.0.4 for windows. One just need to select cable, and for manufacturer select other and model other. Then in the code, slide to the buttom there will be a CUSTOM option. Then one need to save the bin file in c:\program files\slingmedia\slingplayer\sbav and enter the five code like C2010, if your bin file name is C2010_pl.bin, for example.
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
In still can't help as you won't tell me EXACTLY where in the instructions you get to where it doesn't match what you expect. Until you do that I am stuck. (At no point in the instructions can I see a 'please enter code' option).

Google Roku if you want to know about it.

Hello alan I am using slingplayer 2.0.4 .522 in the first instance so there does seem to be a slight difference to the one shown in your instructions ... ( I am not aware of any other software to use and have been using this version for some time which may be the issue here )

I get to the section ( in your instructions) choose the manufacturer model of your cable /satellite box in my instance its alba , and as the model is not listed i choose custom at this point this where I differ to your instructions I dont get the button choose file and this where the issue is ? I think maybe I am using a new type of slingplayer than whats being described in your instructions so if you have a link with an older style player I can try this but with the website no longer functioning then I don't know where to get it from ?
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
I just tried to set up a video source for a pro hd with slingplayer desktop 5, and it seems there is no response if I click on configure button and I cannot set up a pro hd. If I try to set up a 350 by clicking on configure button, it brings me to a screen where I can select source. In short, it seems slingmedia stops supporting setting up a prohd from within slingplayer desktop 5.

However, I was able to configure a pro hd with slingplayer 2.0.4 for windows. One just need to select cable, and for manufacturer select other and model other. Then in the code, slide to the buttom there will be a CUSTOM option. Then one need to save the bin file in c:\program files\slingmedia\slingplayer\sbav and enter the five code like C2010, if your bin file name is C2010_pl.bin, for example.

I did try this and it says code could not be found ??
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quovadisuk wrote:
I am using slingplayer 2.0.4 .522 in the first instance so there does seem to be a slight difference to the one shown in your instructions ... ( I am not aware of any other software to use and have been using this version for some time which may be the issue here )

That software was discontinued years ago and the instructions assume you are using the latest Desktop Player. So you were never going to manage an install like that.
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Quovadisuk wrote:
I am using slingplayer 2.0.4 .522 in the first instance so there does seem to be a slight difference to the one shown in your instructions ... ( I am not aware of any other software to use and have been using this version for some time which may be the issue here )

That software was discontinued years ago and the instructions assume you are using the latest Desktop Player. So you were never going to manage an install like that.

As previously mentioned Alan , it has been a few years ago that I needed support and everything has been ok to date .. If this software is outdated do you have a link where I can download the correct software please ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: