JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Customize Remote for Mac
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Customize Remote for Mac Reply with quote

Hi there,

I just set up my new Slingbox 350 with my German Sky box - the custom remote for Humax S HD 3 Sky Box works very well but unfortunately I cannot access the custom remotes on my Mac. Is there any way to implement some of these buttons into the remote so that they appear all the time? I am mostly interested in Custom 10 (Sky), Custom 15 (Clear) and Custom 11 (SkySelect).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andrea
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the old standalone player of the web browser ? Have you tried the new Desktop Player. A right-click on those should allow access to the Custom buttons (I assume that is what you actually meant)
Drea

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
I was trying to watch using the browser (both Safari and Firefox) after getting the newest plug-in.
I just downloaded Slingplayer Desktop Version 5 for Mac but that won't even connect to my Slingbox as it only compatible with the M1? My old Slingplayer Version 1 won't allow me to connect to the Slingbox 350 at all because I don't have the administrator password.
Looking at the version numbers, I would assume that there are some versions in between the two -are you referring to one of them?

Thanks a lot
Andrea
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong way around. You HAVE to use the new Desktop Player to view the M1, but the player will display any Slingbox.

But I thought all the Sky remotes I built used the realistic remote, in which case there are no Custom buttons. Is your real remote a Sky type ?

What is the URL of the Custom Remote you are using ?
Drea

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, this is where i downloaded the remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9406&sid=c08d36927a4d32f1154b87753b4e07c0

This is how my remote looks:

The onscreen remote (can't find an image) hast the play button in the middle of the top - next to it is the power button. The next three rows have fast forward, pause, record and the likes and then there is a line with buttons for guide, menu, info. At the bottom there are the numbers.
Does this help?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what you have now is the basic default image. I have looked at the source file for this device and I find that I have allocated a realistic remote image for it for someone else. So lets see if that works for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13349
Drea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,
thanks for all your help so far and sorry for me being so silent for such a long time… Lots of (interestingly, Wink) more important things going on.

The remote and the skin are generally really good. A couple of points: Most importantly, the c button (just below channel down) on the original remote, marked help on your skin doesn't do anything. This is a crucial button for me as it is the only way to delete recordings…
Also on the top, out of the 4 buttons (on original remote: guide, menu, select and archive) only the one marked tv guide works - all others are greyed out.

Any chance ou can help me with this, most importantly the "c" button?

Thanks a lot
Andrea
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure as that link I gave you doesn't work any more. No idea why. So we will have to work backwards. Can you send me the BIN file you are using. Send it to alan@rmrsoft.com.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, file received. Looking at it, the skin is not really suitable for you so I think we are best staying with the default but just moving the Custom buttons to the unused ones on the remote.

Now you specifically requested access to the 'c' button to delete recorded programs. I have no idea what that function is, but I do have a 'clear' function which might be it, so I have mapped that to the 'Enter' button (right of zero).

I have also mapped the 'Sky' function to the White button.

So the first attempt is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13533

I don't see a 'SkySelect' function I'm afraid. The functions I have that are not mapped are:

Help
iTV
Search
Teletext
TV/Video
VOD
Zoom
Archive
Live

and the unused buttons are Page+/- and Skip+/-

What changes would you like ?
Drea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was fast. Thanks
The file you just sent doesn't work at all, I am afraid.
When I am talking about the "c" button I am pretty sure, I am actually referring to the clear function.

I think the 1175 file you provided earlier was actually quite fitting, except for the clear function - but I will go either way, whatever is easiest

Thanks
Andrea
Drea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just found out that the red button actually does the clear function. At least it does what I think it should. So that should actually help me out a lot.

Thanks
Andrea
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, looks like I have a problem with the BIN file builder. I've asked the experts for help.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I cannot produce a BIN file that begins with S, so we will have to pretend your Sky box is actually a Cable box. So try again with the same link as before.
Drea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it but didn't work at all either. The red button on the S1175 file is actually not the clear function but clears the whole hard disk.

It is maybe easier to just map the clear function into the S1175 file? I honestly don't have any clue as to how complicated this is… but maybe that is worth a shot?

Thanks a lot
Andrea
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid we are stuck then. Although I have identical codes in the C2010 BIN file and the S1175 BIN file if the C2010 doesn't work then there must be something different I am not aware of. But the bug in the software prevents me from re-engineering the S1175 file to find out what the difference might be.

Sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: