JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony DVP-CX985V & 'Folder x' commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3chnomanc3r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Sony DVP-CX985V & 'Folder x' commands Reply with quote

Apologies for not initially following proper format!

1. Device: Sony DVP-CX985V
2. Type of device: DVD jukebox
3. Year: 2003?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RS 15-2116
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? No

I've been trying to get a straight answer about this changer's support for discrete direct folder commands vs. Folder/All (26.98/DVD1 OBC 64) command.

According to the charts 26.98's OBC's 65-70 should control direct access to each of the folder types but none work on the CX985? Are these hold-over commands from previous Sony changers or is there more to getting them to work?

To test I also tried DVD2 & DVD3 devices, as expected they do nothing.

Anyone have a macro solution that works with a RS 15-2116 + Ext3?

Thanks!
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony DVP-CX985V & 'Folder x' commands Reply with quote

T3chnomanc3r wrote:
1. Device: Sony DVP-CX985V

I've been trying to get a straight answer about this changer's support for discrete direct folder commands vs. Folder/All (26.98/DVD1 OBC 64) command.

According to the charts 26.98's OBC's 65-70 should control direct access to each of the folder types but none work on the CX985? Are these hold-over commands from previous Sony changers or is there more to getting them to work?

To test I also tried DVD2 & DVD3 devices, as expected they do nothing.

Anyone have a macro solution that works with a RS 15-2116 + Ext3?

Thanks!

The nice thing about Sony is that they reuse their codes across many of their devices. So, that is a list of the known Sony codes up until its modification date. However, that doesn't mean every discrete command is programmed into the device.

I have the DVP-CX995V which is a model above yours and it uses the exact same remote. The codes doesn't work on it either. Only the "Folder/All" function is appropriate for our DVD changers.

The following RMDU files are the most complete discretes for our changers.
  1. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7230
  2. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7309
  3. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7310

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: