JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HW150-PVR remote for Slingbox M1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
humini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: HW150-PVR remote for Slingbox M1 Reply with quote

I downloaded the V2010_PL.bin from this link.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12038

At my home in Seattle I paired a Mediasonic HW150-PVR with a Slingbox M1. I also have a USB hard drive attached to the PVR for recording and playback. Installed the above custom remote for no TV service.

In Seattle everything works fine aside from the awkwardness inherent in the HW150 menus. I can watch, change channels, record, playback, rename recorded files and delete them.

I sent a friend of mine in another state another Slingbox M1 and a new HW150-PVR. The one I have in Seattle is a couple of years old. I also sent him the USB hard drive I had tested. I walked him through the set up over the phone.

Found out files recorded on one HW150-PVR can't be played on another. Give me a break. They also couldn't be renamed or deleted. So I had him reformat the hard drive (not a quick format), wipe it clean, and attach it to the PVR again.

Now the Slingbox M1 plus HW150-PVR works just like it should. I can record files and play them back but I still can't rename them (Custom 11) or delete them. When I hit Custom 11 to rename a recorded file it hesitates for a bit and then flashes "invalid" for about half a second. It should give me a really clumsy tedious to use renaming box.

Possible problems?
1. Set up error (hard to believe it would work at all)
2. Still have a formatting issue with the hard drive
3. The new HW150-PVR is malfunctioning
4. The codes have changed

Has anybody else had a similar experience? Any help you can offer is appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, most Slingbox users are not forum regulars, they just come here looking for a bin file and then leave, so not sure how much help we can offer here, but you never know.
humini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Irregular slingbox user Reply with quote

Well that would certainly be me.

I surely appreciate the resources you offer for slingbox users.

That said a lot of the links in your stickys are dead. Slingbox no longer has a user forum. Might take those down.

Otherwise, again, thanks for this resource. Hoping maybe somebody can at least eliminate the cgi hin as the problem. Doesn't seem like it's likely to be the culprit but you never know.

Btw trying to post on the Mediasonic user forum too but i can't get past their anti spam feature to register.
humini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Epiphanies Reply with quote

OK, I played around with the 2 set ups some more tonight.

I found the menus have changed on the PVRs.

First off the DELETE function still works on both PVRs.

However, on the old one the RENAME function in the USB window is Custom 11: Favourites. It works like it's supposed to.

On the new one the RENAME function is Custom 16: Timer. It doesn't work.

Based on this I posted the following questions directly to Alan Richey in the slingbox binary files forum.

Does the Custom 16: button do anything in the V2010_PL cgi bin file?

Is it possible there was a code change along with the menu change?

I hope Mr. Richey is still a participant?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, but what is the 'slingbox binary files forum' ? Where is it ?

As you say, Custom 16 is Timer. But Homeworx are one of the only companies that change codes on the same model, so that is undoubtedly the problem. Makes it difficult to keep up. I get the codes from the Logitech Harmony IR database, so if no-one has uploaded it I am stuck.
humini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Mediasonic HW150-PVR Reply with quote

Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Slingbox -> Slingbox Binary Files

Maybe it's not a Forum? Just a page inside a forum?

So, not having the ability to RENAME recordings isn't a huge problem. Annoying but not a show stopper for what we're doing.

Technically, I don't know for certain that Mediasonic did change their codes. They changed their menu. If I could figure out how to register on their forum I could ask that question.

But Custom 16 doesn't seem to do anything on either the old PVR or the new one. That's why I asked if it had a valid code attached to it.

Beyond that it seems like if the codes did change then somebody would have to write a new bin file for each version of the same model. Not worth the trouble for the minor annoyance it causes me at this time.

These Homeworx boxes are very affordable but I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks again for what you do.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not a forum, simply a file. And having uploaded over 1200 of them I don't tend to check them Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two of those HomeWorx boxes with the snearing smiley face menus, and both had different button codes. Both died prematurely. I believe Alan created singbox files from my Homeworx upgrade.

These PVR boxes use simple nec1 signals and sine you have a partial working signals you can do some experimenting with different OBC codes. Its trial and error tedious but not overly difficult if you have the time and temprament.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Irregular slingbox user Reply with quote

humini wrote:
That said a lot of the links in your stickys are dead. Slingbox no longer has a user forum. Might take those down.

Thanks for the heads-up, I have just captured the original pages from the archives and reformatted them for the wiki section. Check them out.

Alan, feel free to go over the pages that I've created and modify them if you like. We have 2 instructions pages now, so I'm guessing the older one can be considered obsolete?

Also, I didn't bother importing all your older slingcommunity.com guides in this post, I just pointed them to archive copies instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: