JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No option to update Xsight Color firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelBrock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: No option to update Xsight Color firmware Reply with quote

I have an Xsight Color remote with firmware 1.3.7. I would like to update it to remove the "Assist" button. I'm running RemoteMaster v2.07 build 8. However, the option to update the firmware simply states "No Xsight firmware upgrade".

Windows 7.

Any ideas? I have a second remote which I managed to upgrade (several years ago though so I might have done that through EZ-RC).

Thanks,

Mike
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The menu always says that. If you check it, it won't upgrade. If you uncheck, it will.
MichaelBrock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, checked or unchecked it is not upgrading the firmware (or prompting for it). At what point should it be prompting (eg. when I plug the remote into USB with RMIR running)?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It checks every time you download. Details under "Firmware Upgrade" here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Xsight.2FNevo

If it doesn't prompt AND you have the "No firmware..." option unchecked, then your firmware is up to date. If you still get Assist buttons, clear out all the assists in RMIR and upload.
MichaelBrock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably something wrong with the remote itself then. I definitely have nothing in the "assist" areas in rmir and the same rmir uploaded to another Nevo C2 works without the assist button.

The remote shows:

Firmware: 1.3.7
Bootloader: 1.0.4
IR blaster: 3201AX7
IR Library: 1.2.11

There is no "Xsight Operations" area in rmir, possibly due to it being a Nevo remote.

I have since found other oddities with this remote. The same rmir uploaded to this remote behaves differently. For example the macro to start one my activities fails to turn on the television on this remote but works perfectly on the other. I should have bought 3 back when they were a shocking bargain on ebay.
MichaelBrock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After another factory reset and uploading the rmir the remote is now not sending at all. The "red" bar at the top of the lcd is not glowing to indicate that it is sending and certainly nothing is turning on.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to reset then DOWNLOAD, not upload.

If you open the RMIR file for one of your working Xsight Color or Nevo C2, you should see the Xsight Operations before you even connect at all. If that's not happening, you need to reinstall RMIR. Then you can Force an upgrade from the Operations menu if you have to.

If you have no such file, just start with one of my examples:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13513
MichaelBrock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were, of course, completely correct. I would have sworn I had previously downloaded the latest version but apparently not. I re-downloaded RMIR and lo-and-behold the Xsight Operations options were there with your .rmir file.

I reset the remote to factory, selected to download from the remote...and was prompted to do the upgrade. I updated the firmware, uploaded my latest .rmir file and everything is perfect.

Thank you for you patience and all of the great work you do to all of our benefit!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: