JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Technomate TM 5200D and other STBs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvabroad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Technomate TM 5200D and other STBs Reply with quote

We need 5 custom remote files making. we would like to contact any interested parties to discuss cost. Please respond soonest.

Thanks Cool
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: sling custom remote files required Reply with quote

tvabroad wrote:
We need 5 custom remote files making. we would like to contact any interested parties to discuss cost. Please respond soonest.

Thanks Cool

I wasn't aware people were charging for this. Which devices did you need to control?
tvabroad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: remote files required Reply with quote

Hi I need to control these boxes

Technomate

TM 5200D+USB
TM 5300D+USB
TM 5400D+USB
TM5400 CI+USB

And the Pace (if I cant find it) TDS268NV

Thanks
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: remote files required Reply with quote

tvabroad wrote:
Hi I need to control these boxes

Technomate

TM 5200D+USB
TM 5300D+USB
TM 5400D+USB
TM5400 CI+USB

And the Pace (if I cant find it) TDS268NV

Thanks

Found a few similar matches and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files. The Technomate set-top boxes you listed used all the same IR signals except for a couple which were unique to 5400, so I was able combine them into a single upgrade. Unfortunately, the Pace model specified wasn't available, so I used the consolatory recommendation given; which was the TDS865NV. All the links to the files are below.

Technomate:Pace: BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:
I hope it works out for you.
tvabroad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Custom files Reply with quote

Thanks for this, I have noticed that the Pace file names and the Technomate file names are the same, is this correct?

technomate V0213,V0214

Pace V0213,V0214

Thanks for all the help
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom files Reply with quote

tvabroad wrote:
Thanks for this, I have noticed that the Pace file names and the Technomate file names are the same, is this correct?

You're welcome. Glad to help. Looks like they are the same. Though, I don't know if it is coincidental or incidental.
tvabroad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your assistance but none of them operate any of the boxes I've tried. Is there anything else I can do
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvabroad wrote:
Thanks for your assistance but none of them operate any of the boxes I've tried. Is there anything else I can do

You may want to try using the instructions in this link (http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_use_Betaremotes_website.) to teach the IR commands from the OEM remote to to your Slingbox. This will create a custom profile that's usable with your device. Should you want bin files for customization or to use with other SlingRemote skins, then you can share the related Learnt Guid information. This will allow us to create the appropriate files from the IR device profile stored in Sling Media's Cloud.

If you have a compatible JP1 learning remote with the appropriate Flash cable (and an adapter if necessary) then you can use either IR or RMIR to upload a copy of your remote's image with its learned signals. Otherwise, you can pick up IR Scope and an IR Widget to record the commands to your computer. Uploading your file(s) into our diagnostic section from either method will offer us the resource to create customized upgrades which will allow control of that particular device. There are also Do-It-Yourself instructions available if you would like to be more self-sufficent.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMDU file in this thread uses a custom (homemade) executor that I have just noticed doesn't work (ie, [NEC1 2DEV Combo] ). I am posting this to remind myself to re-build the files with a working executor.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the Technomate and Pace files above.

For the Technomate, I replaced the non-working NEC combo with one that should work.

For the Pace, it appears that the wrong device/sub-device codes had been entered, so I corrected those.

I realize that tvabroad has almost certainly moved on, but this is in case anyone else finds this thread via a search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: