JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.07 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Potential bug? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm running 2.07 build 6 (was running 2.07 build 2) just to see if this weird issue still exists, and it seems to. If I delete one of the Amp devices from this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25549 particular Xsight remote file on the Devices tab, afterward I can no longer view the "Button" or "Layout" tab for TV when editing the TV device. I can get the Buttons and Layout windows to partially repaint by moving the mouse pointer over the area where the windows should appear, but that's it. The configuration works fine, I just can't edit the TV buttons any more. I can edit TV if I instead delete Device 1058, but that's the one I want.

I had this problem once before and IIRC, it had to do with protocols, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know why or how it got fixed. In that case, the problematic device was an obscure Pioneer protocol.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cause of this strange behaviour lies in your setup. The TV Red and Green buttons are assigned to the POWER ON and POWER OFF functions of the AV Proc device. If you delete the AV Proc device concerned then the Buttons and Layout tabs cannot find this function, causing them to lock up. But there are other oddities in your setup that may contribute. On the General tab there are two device buttons named AV Proc, so I do not know which of these is referred to by those assignments to the Red and Green buttons. Experiment shows that it is deletion of the AV Proc device with setting Audio/1056 that causes your behaviour. Deleting the one set as Audio/1058 does not do so. So presumably it is POWER ON and OFF of Audio/1056 on those buttons. You also have three macros on the Macros tab that have nothing in the Macro Keys column. Your setup would be simpler if you deleted them, but again you would need to make sure that they are not assigned to buttons.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but I suggest that you first edit the TV device and use the Buttons tab to delete these POWER assignments to the Red and Green buttons. You should then be able to delete whatever devices you need to delete and can then reassign those buttons to functions on the remaining devices.

It could be considered a bug that RMIR does not prevent you from deleting a device that is used in a button asignment, but these are complex remotes and it would be very difficult to trap all possible actions that could cause inconsistencies in a setup. In my view it is not worth the effort to try. It is easier just to deal with individual cases such as this on the few occasions when they arise.
landolfi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Graham! What I did was create device upgrades for each component and re-import them individually. It was during that process that I noticed the missing macro elements. That probably occurred because I had gotten a new amp and deleted the old one in favor of the new AV Proc (there were 2 AV procs because I was testing EFCs with one of them).

So it seems where dependencies exist across devices, there is potential for deleting a device causing these types of problems. I agree not worth the risk to try to trap, and after all, there was a dialog to warn me when I did the original delete of the receiver device.

Anyway, I sort of stumbled into your solution through trial and error and got everything working properly.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and all the work you have done on this app. It amazes me more the more I use it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development build 9 of RMIR v2.07 is now available in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. The main changes are to provide support for the URC-7935 OFA Streamer remote, which has features not previously seen on any UEI remote. See this post in the One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote thread for more details. Build 9 also fixes a number of long-standing bugs that have come to light during its development.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there was a bug in build 9. I have now replaced it with Development build 10 of RMIR v2.07 in the RMIR Development folder.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development build 11 of RMIR v2.07 is now available in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This build provides substantially improved support for the URC7935 OFA Streamer remote. See this post in the One For All URC 7935 Streamer Remote thread for more details. It also fixes a bug reported by Vicky in this post. As usual, this is an update package that needs to be unzipped into the installation folder of build 2, or of any later development build that was itself installed as an update to build 2.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.08 build 1 is now available. This contains everything in build 11 of v2.07 but in addition it fixes a few further bugs and includes a major revision of protocols.ini by The Robman to correct errors and make it more consistent and systematic. There are also changes to a significant number of RDFs to align them with the revised protocols.ini.

Please see the RMIR v2.08 announcement thread for full details and the download link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: