JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Version of URC-2025 B2-B1 sig 35681
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andgarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro on Guide. Button sequence: Vol+, Vol+, Vol-, Setup, Mute.

Saved here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25348

Looks like setup is phantom 9.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks, I have applied that update to the RDF.

I think we might be ready to try loading stuff into the remote from RMIR to see if that works now.
dms100tech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Upload to URC-2025B2 testing Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I created a couple of device updates, TV 1250 and DVD 2000, which uploaded successfully. The 1250 code appeared on dev5 as TV, TV codes did not work until I changed the TV device button from 1271 to 1250 also.
What exactly is dev5 for anyway?

Everything is working as expected. I added a few macros via RMIR to select correct inputs for devices , subtitle toggle etc. File is posted here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25349

Thanks for all the hard work, will do more through testing in a few days.
Dms100tech

PS How do we deal with the lack of keymoves? Same as was done with the 1056B03 via an extender?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Graham, perhaps we can add support for that [the segment $17 multiplexor] to RMIR at some point, so folks can program the multiplexors themselves?

This would be a lot of effort for something I think would be very little used, so my present view is that it is not worth the effort. I suspect it is there for cable companies that use the same remote for cable boxes that differ in the setup code they need, to be used once only during installation.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
As for the 981 reset, it seems that UEI is making a factory reset more difficult. I have been creating an RDF for the URC-7145, a new remote that has the same processor and same basic structure of its setup data as does this new URC-2025. See the latest post in the MFR RESET - Instructions thread. Give that a try. It may be a different pair of buttons you need, instead of 2 and 8, but it is worth a try.

Has anyone tried this yet?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Upload to URC-2025B2 testing Reply with quote

dms100tech wrote:
Hi Guys,
I created a couple of device updates, TV 1250 and DVD 2000, which uploaded successfully. The 1250 code appeared on dev5 as TV, TV codes did not work until I changed the TV device button from 1271 to 1250 also.
What exactly is dev5 for anyway?

Everything is working as expected. I added a few macros via RMIR to select correct inputs for devices , subtitle toggle etc. File is posted here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25349

Thanks for all the hard work, will do more through testing in a few days.
Dms100tech

PS How do we deal with the lack of keymoves? Same as was done with the 1056B03 via an extender?

It appears that this remote thinks it's a 5 device remote, even though there are only 4 physical device buttons. What this means for you is, if you wanted to support 5 devices, you could program something to Dev5 and then create a 5th device button by programming a macro onto a real button that contains the Dev5 device button. Give it a try to confirm if it works.

Regarding keymoves, sometimes remotes support them even if they don't let you program them, we have seen cases in the past where we can program keymoves using RMIR and they work, even if the 994 function is missing. While I doubt that that is the case here, you can vertainly try it if you like. To enable keymoves in RMIR, edit the RDF and add segments 07 and 08.

To do that, look for this line:
SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $10 $13 $14 $17 $18 $1A

and replace it with this:
SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $07 $08 $10 $13 $14 $17 $18 $1A
andgarden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
mathdon wrote:
As for the 981 reset, it seems that UEI is making a factory reset more difficult. I have been creating an RDF for the URC-7145, a new remote that has the same processor and same basic structure of its setup data as does this new URC-2025. See the latest post in the MFR RESET - Instructions thread. Give that a try. It may be a different pair of buttons you need, instead of 2 and 8, but it is worth a try.

Has anyone tried this yet?

This exact method works, except that in step 3, the led does not stay on. The default codes are apparently DVD/1633, AUDIO/1058, TV/2051, CABLE/1376 (according to 990 blink back).
andgarden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to build an upgrade to put my own layout on for 1982. RMIR believes a protocol upgrade is required, even though 1982 is factory installed and the RDF lists 016C (for XMP) being on the remote. Thoughts as to why?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:
I am trying to build an upgrade to put my own layout on for 1982. RMIR believes a protocol upgrade is required, even though 1982 is factory installed and the RDF lists 016C (for XMP) being on the remote. Thoughts as to why?

Try downloading the RDF again, I have added some version numbers to the executor ids, including 016C. See if that fixes it.
andgarden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
andgarden wrote:

Try downloading the RDF again, I have added some version numbers to the executor ids, including 016C. See if that fixes it.

Thanks Rob. No joy.

Here's the .rmir I'm working on:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25350
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expect with this, but I think this is because there are many flavors of the 016C executor supported and as this is a downloaded upgrade, rather than one that is starting from an RMDU file, RMIR doesn't know which flavor to use. When I open the 1982 code in your file, if I re-select XMP from the drop down (after scrolling up to find it), the protocol upgrade goes away.
andgarden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed. Thanks Rob.

Upload to the remote is successful.

I note several errors in the keymap:

4 registers 3

3 registers 4

7 registers 8

8 registers 7

Ch+/Ch- & Vol+/Vol- are reversed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:

Thanks for testing those, I did wonder about them. The info in the remote itself is a little backwards, but I know how to fix it.

Here's something else you can test. The device buttons themselves are included in the button maps, could you try programming something to them and see if those functions are transmitted when you press the device buttons. And what happens if, let's say, you program something to the DVD button as part of both the TV upgrade and the CBL upgrade, which function gets sent and when?

You will also notice that there are several Phantom buttons available when you're building an upgrade, I am curious as to whether these are just buttons that are available on a different model of the remote, or if they're actually shifted buttons, like SETTINGS and MENU for example. So could you program some functions to the phantom buttons that aren't included on any of the other buttons, and then test all the buttons shifted (which means, tap the SETUP button before tapping the button in question) to see if you can find them.

Updated RDF is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25334
andgarden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
andgarden wrote:

Thanks for testing those, I did wonder about them. The info in the remote itself is a little backwards, but I know how to fix it.

Confirmed. Keys are assigned correctly now.

The Robman wrote:
Here's something else you can test. The device buttons themselves are included in the button maps, could you try programming something to them and see if those functions are transmitted when you press the device buttons. And what happens if, let's say, you program something to the DVD button as part of both the TV upgrade and the CBL upgrade, which function gets sent and when?
I am not sure exactly what impact there was from assigning a function to the DVD button, but it did not transmit any commands in TV or CBL mode

The Robman wrote:
You will also notice that there are several Phantom buttons available when you're building an upgrade, I am curious as to whether these are just buttons that are available on a different model of the remote, or if they're actually shifted buttons, like SETTINGS and MENU for example. So could you program some functions to the phantom buttons that aren't included on any of the other buttons, and then test all the buttons shifted (which means, tap the SETUP button before tapping the button in question) to see if you can find them.

I didn't spend too long on this, but I assigned functions to the phantoms and couldn't find any evidence that you could access the phantoms as shifted functions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:
I am not sure exactly what impact there was from assigning a function to the DVD button, but it did not transmit any commands in TV or CBL mode

So what about in its own mode? As you're editing a CBL upgrade, if you assign something to the CBL device button in the upgrade, does it transmit anything when the remote is in CBL mode? If so, this might be useful for "discrete on" type functions.

Also, did you get a chance to experiment with programming keymoves thru RMIR to see if they work? I'm assuming they won't but it can't hurt to verify it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: