JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Version of URC-2025 B2-B1 sig 35681
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andgarden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I programmed the remote for my cable box (1982)* and my TV (2051; the more ideal 0520 not being present).** For audio and DVD, I selected--essentially at random--1304 and 2489, respectively (I do not have these devices).

Volume punch through is set to TV by default, as I understand it. I did not modify that setting.

RMIR manages to get all but the cable box wrong under the current RDF.

File uploaded here.

*My XG1v4, like most X1 boxes, will only respond to this code.

**I have learned through trial and error that OBC88/EFC229 is much more useful as a "back" button on my Samsung LCD than anything else.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I download your file, I see cable/1982 and audio/1304 but I don't see the other 2 codes that you programmed. I see 0739 on the TV button and nothing on the DVD button. I tried searching for the hex codes for the other 2 codes in the raw data but don't see it there.
andgarden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are certainly all programmed in the remote. After I downloaded the .rmir file, I did a code blink back for each device to confirm. Not sure what else to try.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, I may need some help from the experts on that one then.
dms100tech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thats good to know about the RDF

I just obtained another URC-2025 B2 remote from Shaw Cable in exchange for a wornout 1055. I wont upload anything to this one unless we are sure the RDF is 99% done.

The remote came programmed with the following device codes :
As shown by RMIR: Cable 1376, TV 0739, DVD Nil, Audio 1320, No VPT set, CPT set to Cable for all 3 devices
As shown by 990 code blink: Cable 1376, TV 2051, DVD 1633, Audio 1320
Note discrepancies on TV and DVD codes

I added the followig codes to device keys as per manual: TV 1291, DVD 0199, Audio 0176, set VPT for TV
RMIR shows the following: Cable 1376, TV 0739, DVD Nil, Audio 0176, No VPT shown
990 code blink back shows: Cable 1376, TV 1291, DVD 0199, Audio 0176
Once again discrepencies between TV and DVD codes

These files are here, some of this you already have but hopefully you might find areas of differences to assist with RDF development.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25346

Take care and thanks for the great work

Dms100tech
dms100tech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey andgarden, can you do a successful 981 MFR reset on your remote?
Both of mine give 1 long blink atfer entering the code, should get 4 blinks on success.
The 980 code works great, just curious
Dms100tech
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dms100tech wrote:
I wont upload anything to this one unless we are sure the RDF is 99% done.

I have been following this work with interest and have little doubt that the RDF is already 99% done, it is just not quite 100%. There are two entries wrong in the [DeviceButtons] section, where the numbers should agree with those in the [Buttons] section. So change this section to read

Code:
[DeviceButtons]
CABLE  = $03 0
TV     = $01 0
DVD    = $02 0
Audio  = $04 0

and all setup codes should show correctly. You will have to download from the remote again, of course, as the download file will have been corrupted by the incorrect value.

There is an oddity, in that the raw download shows that there is a 5th device button with code $05, currently with setup code 0739, and since TV was set to $05, that is where the 0739 was coming from. I see no way to select this 5th device button, as the button with keycode $05 is Setup, so I suggest we ignore it.

In creating/debugging an RDF, please note that a normal download is not very helpful. It shows how RMIR interprets the content of the remote, not what is actually in the remote. A raw download is needed to show what is actually there.

As for the 981 reset, it seems that UEI is making a factory reset more difficult. I have been creating an RDF for the URC-7145, a new remote that has the same processor and same basic structure of its setup data as does this new URC-2025. See the latest post in the MFR RESET - Instructions thread. Give that a try. It may be a different pair of buttons you need, instead of 2 and 8, but it is worth a try.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
There is an oddity, in that the raw download shows that there is a 5th device button with code $05, currently with setup code 0739, and since TV was set to $05, that is where the 0739 was coming from. I see no way to select this 5th device button, as the button with keycode $05 is Setup, so I suggest we ignore it.

Actually, the $05 code for SETUP was a guess based on it being the only code missing and that button was unaccounted for, so $05 could very well be a phantom device button. Is $00 allowed for a button code? If so, that might be SETUP. I would like someone to try programming a macro that includes SETUP.

Also, just FYI, there are several phantom buttons included in the keymaps.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
There are two entries wrong in the [DeviceButtons] section, where the numbers should agree with those in the [Buttons] section. So change this section to read ... and all setup codes should show correctly. You will have to download from the remote again, of course, as the download file will have been corrupted by the incorrect value.

Graham, I think I still need your help here. I get that the device button codes are 01,02,03,04 but the device button codes that I am seeing in the 00 segments are 03,04,05,06 and the setup codes that I am seeing don't match what these guys are programming into the remote. Plus, the 3rd segment (TV?) is always empty.

Also, Andy and Ted, I've been reading up on the segment types, and this remote includes a segment called $17 which is a "Setup multiplexer". This is not yet supported by RMIR so you won't see anything about it there, but I'd like you to experiment to see if my understanding is correct. I believe that you can switch the setup code assigned to the CABLE button using this.

Try this:
1. Program the CABLE button to one of the following codes: 1877,1982,2187
2. Press and release the CABLE button
3. Press and hold SETUP and A-Yellow together (should get some blinks, I guess)
4. The setup code should magically be changed to 1376
andgarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed. Holding down setup + A returns Cable to 1376 (tested using 990 blink back).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, $00 is not allowed as a button code.

There is a similar situation in the URC-7145 where the keycodes for the 4 devices are $04, $41, $42, $43. In this case all are real devices and $04 is the TV device. This remote doesn't have device buttons, instead you repeatedly press the Mode button to cycle through the devices, with an LED for each device showing which is selected. If you put the Mode button in a macro, it puts in the keycode for the device selected at the time you created the macro, and when you run the macro it acts to select that device. So Mode appears to be a button without a unique keycode. Very odd. It would seem to make much more sense to use $04 for the Mode key (it is the middle button in a row whose end buttons are $03 and $05) and use $40 for the TV device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:
Confirmed. Holding down setup + A returns Cable to 1376 (tested using 990 blink back).

Thanks Andy, did you get 2 blinks to confirm it at the end?

Graham, perhaps we can add support for that to RMIR at some point, so folks can program the multiplexors themselves?

I have made the corrections that Graham suggested regarding the segments in the latest version, so now you should see the setup codes that you programmed displayed properly. You should delete any .rmir files that you have created so far.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25334

Could somebody try creating a macro which includes the SETUP button please?
andgarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two blinks confirmed.

Let me take a crack at putting a macro on setup.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andgarden wrote:
Let me take a crack at putting a macro on setup.

I doubt that you will be able to put a macro ON the SETUP button, I am looking for a macro that INCLUDES the setup button.

Eg. TV, VOL+, SETUP, VOL-
andgarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remote won't take a macro on the setup button. I get a long blink at step 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: