JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GeoSatPro HDVR3500
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have reverse engineered the RM file from your bin file and have replaced the file myself.
twogringos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Ok, I have reverse engineered the RM file from your bin file and have replaced the file myself.

Thanks, because all I did was edit the bin file. I never figured out how to go from a RMDU to bin.
twogringos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the bin file be posted in the Slingbox Binary File section?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twogringos wrote:
Thanks, because all I did was edit the bin file. I never figured out how to go from a RMDU to bin.

Wow, how did you figure out how to edit a bin file? That's really making things harder for yourself because, for starters, they are slightly encrypted and secondly there are checksums that you'll need to calculate.

To generate a bin file from an RMDU file all you need to do is select the right Slingbox as your "remote" and then select Advanced > Export Binary Upgrade

Did you find any of the remaining missing functions?

Yes, we will put the bin file in the Slingbox folder, but we'll generate 2 copies (ie, a PL and RV copy) and include a readme file.
twogringos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two remaining buttons to be discovered in the DVR functions. I have only used the STB as a satellite receiver so I'm not familiar with the recording functions. However, in testing buttons I did trigger several recordings and I now know that the double_up_arrow moves up in the recording list while viewing recordings. Alternatively one can return to the recording list and use the up/down_arrow to navigate. I may be able to find the code for this.

The other missing button is the ZOOM and thus far I have not found a situation where it is used, so I can't test for it.

RE editing, I used the Advanced>Import Binary Upgrade and Export Binary Upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twogringos wrote:
RE editing, I used the Advanced>Import Binary Upgrade and Export Binary Upgrade.

Ah, so that shows that you do know how to use RM, so what is it about starting with an RMDU file that puzzles you?
twogringos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled around until I found something that worked and that was editing the bin from the GeosatPro HDVR1200.

The double up arrow is 33 and is used to move up the recorded program list while playing another recording. I put in on button 'skip+' in my copy of the bin. Likewise 31 is the double down arrow and does the opposite. All of the other record functions accessed by left click>playback are correct. There is nothing I can do about ZOOM since I can't get anything to zoom with the physical remote.
Custom 10 Schedule
Custom 11 Signal
Custom 12 Media Center
Custom 13 Satellite
Custom 14 Program Info
Custom 15 History
Custom 16 Schedule

I will consider this project finished.

Thank all of you for the help and I will leave to you posting of the working files.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the file based on your most recent comments, please try it out and see if it's correct. You have Schedule listed twice, so I called them Schedule-10 and Schedule-16 based on the custom keys that you chose for them.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25325
twogringos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My error, Custom 10 is Favorite, as in favorite group of channels. I would put skip+ as 33 and skip- as 31, otherwise it tests OK.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 33 and 31 in there as PAGE +/-. Do the current skip codes (ie, 20 and 27) do anything? And what about the OBC 30 down-arrow code, is it worth including that, or is its functionality done better by the other codes? You originally said that the Green/Audio button was OBC 41 but then you changed it to 32, does 41 do anything?

I've updated the file with the other changes, and put 30 and 41 on Custom 17 and 18 if you want to remind yourself what they do.
twogringos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33 and 31 work OK as PAGE +/-, but I prefer to put volume +/- (21 and 28) on those buttons. This volume control moves the volume two steps, while left/right_arrow moves the volume one step. 33 and 31 work only while in the DVD mode and are perhaps better relegated to the original skip +/- accessed by right click. 20 and 27 have no function.
Ch +/- should go back to 31 and 30 instead of old skip +/-. (Note that 30 and 31 do different things in different menus and this led to earlier confusion. 31 works both channel + and recording (skip-) down.)
30 is channel down, which we have elsewhere so no need for Custom 17 and 41 does nothing so we don't need Custom 18.
TV/VCR (70) is labeled TV/Radio on the remote.
ENTER (15) doesn't seem to have a function, a pause in entering channel numbers enters them.
Down_arrow should be 90 as currently entered, not 30 which only changes channel and does not navigate menus as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twogringos wrote:
33 and 31 work OK as PAGE +/-... 33 and 31 work only while in the DVD mode and are perhaps better relegated to the original skip +/-

Ch +/- should go back to 31 and 30 instead of old skip +/-. (Note that 30 and 31 do different things in different menus and this led to earlier confusion. 31 works both channel + and recording (skip-) down.)
30 is channel down, which we have elsewhere so no need for Custom 17

I've done all the updates as suggested, but I'm still a little bit confused over OBCs 30, 31 and 33.

Here's what those OBCs appear to do:
30 = CH-
31 = page/skip-, CH+
33 = page/skip+

is that correct, so OBC 31 works as a SKIP-DOWN and PAGE-DOWN button in addition to being a CHANNEL-UP button? How is that button labeled on the original remote, is it labeled +/UP or -/DOWN ?
twogringos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the physical remote when watching satellite channels, CH+/- change channels and the double_arrow+/- (skip+/-) have no function. When watching recordings, both CH+/- and skip+/- do the same thing, so I may have been in error to say skip- was also 31. It must be something else so that it operates like skip+ (33), only in the recording mode. It will be a couple of days before I can work on this again.

The remote map supplied by GeosatPro shows the skip- as 20 and was unique. All other instances where codes were not duplicated proved to be correct, so this is where I will start. Remember, in the five instances where a code was used twice, the second (from the top of the remote) was a changed during manufacturing and has had to be determined by brute force.

Zoom remains undetermined.
twogringos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post an updated rdmu. It would be nice if the mouse over the button showed the action e.g., instead of 'red' it said 'CC". In my copy of the working bin I have the following:
skip+ 33
Skip- 20
Custom 14 (labeled IPTV on remote) 76
TV/VCR (labeled & does TV/Radio) 70
ENTER (same as Select/OK) 92 -useful in android app
I like VOL on the PAGE buttons (21 & 28), CH+/- (31 & 30)
We don't need Custom 17,18.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...

RMDU file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25325

Slingbox files:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25347
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: