JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA URC 7980: Create macro that selects the HDMI 1 port

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClausPejtersen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: OFA URC 7980: Create macro that selects the HDMI 1 port Reply with quote

I'm looking to create a macro that would:

1 - turn on the set-top box
2 - turn on the TV (Philips 55POS9002)
3 - select the HDMI 1 port on my TV which the set-top box is connected with
4 - switch back to controlling the set-top box from the URC 7980 remote

I can get the macro to turn on both devices but to find a way to select / activate the HDMI 1 port has, so far, eluded me.

I have an Apple TV 4K connected to the HDMI 2 port and 9 out of 10 times the port is activated when turning on the set-top box and then the TV.

Thanks in advance.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all your devices (TV, ATV, etc.), find the HDMI CONTROL (CEC, Sync, etc.) setting and turn it OFF. This will keep devices from automatically causing inputs to switch when they are turned on.

Next, assuming you have an HDMI 1 command, add the appropriate delay after turning on the TV before sending the command. For example, my TV won't respond to any new commands for a full 12 seconds after turning it on.

We have special pause protocols or delays in extenders to accomplish this, or you can simply add about a dozen harmless unrelated commands to achieve the same delay.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Next, assuming you have an HDMI 1 command, add the appropriate delay after turning on the TV before sending the command. For example, my TV won't respond to any new commands for a full 12 seconds after turning it on.

TIP: I have always found it more effective to include the HDMI command in my power off macro prior to powering off the TV. This way, it always powers back up on my desired input, and I don't have to wait for an insanely long delay every time.
ClausPejtersen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks a lot for fast replies - I might sound slightly stupid but I haven't tried to create macros beyond what the remote itself allows me to. Reading your replies make me realize that there is probably more to this than simply pushing a few buttons on the remote. Can you point me in the right direction to get started with this?
Thanks a lot.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See row 42 of this document to add discrete input selection commands (they are given in protocol RC5, device 3 or 0, and OBC 05-123). I recommend you add all to your upgrade and see which apply to the inputs you use. Then use those in your macros instead of the input cycling command you're probably using today.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14739
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: