JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote: 252307 - Videotron Illico New Generation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: New Remote: 252307 - Videotron Illico New Generation Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am only getting started with JP1 remotes and even after reading the guides posted here, I am still not feeling too confident. But I'll get there - so please be patient with me Wink

I recently acquired a remote control that is being distributed by Canadian/Québecois Cable provider Vidéotron and is also manufactured by UEI.

There are not many details floating around for that remote - so far I have only been able to find Vidétron's own support section and the URC Support site. Interestingly enough, the URC-site is mixing up "Videotron Illico Remote" and "Arris MP2000".

As I was not able to find any RDF for this remote - so here I am to solicit your help Smile

I uploaded the raw dump of the remote once after User+MFG-resetting the remote and once programmed with my Samsung-TV (ID: 12051) and a JVC Audio-receiver (Unknown ID).

As the remote is lacking any distinct Device-Buttons, I was not able to get the blinkback-code for my audio-receiver...

In the battery-compartment, there is a laser-engraving that reads as follows:
Y173401
URC-R12244C00-00005

Is there anything else that I can provide to get this remote supported?

Martin

P.S: The original title of this post was New Remote: 252307 - "Vidéotron Illico New Generation". But that resulted in an empty title... Apparently the é and the quotes seem to screw with the board... Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get the IR file dumps from the remote? Do you already have a JP1 cable, and if so, which type, or does this remote come with a USB cable?

Also, if you don't know the setup codes for the 2 devices that you added, how did you program them?
martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob!

The Robman wrote:
How did you get the IR file dumps from the remote? Do you already have a JP1 cable, and if so, which type, or does this remote come with a USB cable?

I used the "raw download"-option of RM to download them. As for the cable, I used a regular FTDI FT232R-cable I had laying around.

The Robman wrote:
Also, if you don't know the setup codes for the 2 devices that you added, how did you program them?

I programmed the TV and the audio-receiver according to the user manual, using the 991-code.

The code of the TV, I was able to get after programming it as described above by using 990. But 990 seems to interact - as apparently most other 9xx-codes on this remote - with the TV-setup... And as there is no dedicated button for the audio-device, I was not able to get its code blinked back to me.

I hope, this makes sense?

Martin
martin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has been some time - but I'm still very interested in getting this remote officially supported Smile

Anyone up to guide me on what to do next in order to build a RDF for the remote?

Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted draft RDF, map and image files for the Videotron Illico New Generation remote and also a .rmir setup file that should fool the remote into sending Samsung TV (ID: 12051) signals when it thinks it is sending to the Videotron cable box Laughing . Please report whether this works or not.
martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the setup and it works like a charm Smile

Finally a way to remote control everything. Thank you very much for your work, mathdon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: