JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HW150-PVR remote for Slingbox 500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: HW150-PVR remote for Slingbox 500 Reply with quote

I'm looking for the latest and greatest HW150-PVR BIN file that works with my 2012 Slingbox 500. I downloaded the V2010_PL.bin file but the slingbox will only turn the unit on and off. Is there a newer version? I'm very green to all this, I'm having a hard time even searching this site. Yes, please treat me with kid gloves.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as a 'latest' file. Boxes very rarely change IR codes (I can only think of 1 in thst 5 years) so there is no need to update them. Ignore the 2010 part, that is my personal handle, there are hundreds of V2010_PL files out there.

Who is the manufacturer ?

Use the latest instructions at http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html but be warned, if you don't follow them TO THE LETTER you will not get any further help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: HW150-PVR remote for Slingbox 500 Reply with quote

Pvent wrote:
I'm looking for the latest and greatest HW150-PVR BIN file that works with my 2012 Slingbox 500. I downloaded the V2010_PL.bin file but the slingbox will only turn the unit on and off. Is there a newer version? I'm very green to all this, I'm having a hard time even searching this site. Yes, please treat me with kid gloves.

Virtually every bin file here is called something like V2010_PL.bin, so if you downloaded a file and tried it, we would need to have the link to the file in order to look at it ourselves.

Am I correct in guessing that this is the file that you tried:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12038
Pvent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could tell you the manufacture, I just downloaded it from JP1. Slingbox is accepting the file. It shows a remote but the buttons just freeze the video for a moment, nothing else happens.
Can you tell me where to go in JP1(or a link) to download a new BIN file to ensure I do not have a corrupted one.
Pvent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob you are correct, that is the file I downloaded. Same creation date and everything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the manufacturer is HomeWorx.

So, are you saying that, when you load this file, the POWER button works but none of the other buttons work? And you tried them all?

If you want to see exactly which functions were assigned to each buttons, look at the RM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12042
Pvent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the buttons work now that I reloaded the Bin file. I even accepted it in slingbox 500 like the remote was working and ever time I open new watch it prompts me to configure it again. I'm really lost here.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most people you have ignored the part of the instructions that is marked IMPORTANT in Red, but if you had bothered to read it, try Question 11.
Pvent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reset it last month when I tried this and now I just reset it again. It did take a while to update slingbox but it still not responding. every button just momentary freezes the video. Since I'm connected to a HD-antenna, I put my "My A/V device has no TV service" , then PVR as my device, then Custom. My file is C:\V2010_PL.bin. The slingbox 500 model #SB500 and serial #3912080130 if that will help determine the slingbox I have.???
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read Alan's linked "latest" instructions again. It walks you through step by step with screen shots of exactly what to choose. No Provider is correct. Then you pick which input your Homeworx is connected to on your Slingbox, then PVR (for Vxxxx files), (maybe Manufacturer), then Custom as you said. The 500 uses PL files.

Then make sure the slingbox itself or the IR blaster connected to the slingbox is line of sight with the Homeworx IR window.
Pvent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for your help, mdavej last statement solved my problem. My IR blaster was not seeing my Homeworx device. Everything is working just fine now. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: