JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Luxman R-351

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Luxman R-351 Reply with quote

1. Device: Luxman R-351
2. Type of device: Stereo receiver
3. Year: 1992-3
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: ARRX15G Xsight 15 (Xsight Color) AKA URC-8602
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? yes my remote can learn
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? no, it makes my browser lock up today for some reason
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? N/A

OK this is a long shot... does anyone have a known 100% good code list or upgrade for a Luxman R-351? Reason I ask is I got one of these receivers late last year specifically because a teenager wanted "a good stereo" for Christmas. I feel bad that it didn't come with a remote but it did otherwise work fine. I have had an eBay search up for an original RR-351 ever since and none have appeared. If anyone has one of these units and a JP1 remote I would also be willing to knock together an upgrade based on the codes published online, so you could test it, or if you'd be willing to learn the codes and send me the results I could take a stab at it. At this point a Xsight or Nevo is way easier to find cheap than an original Luxman remote and after noodling out the codes for my TP-117, how hard could a simple receiver be? (I know, I shouldn't ask this question.)

I don't have access to the receiver to test as the owner is a 10 hour drive away from me, unfortunately.

Yes, a lot of Luxman gear seems to pass through my hands, for reasons beyond my comprehension. They seem to fly under the radar and as such the prices don't really correspond to the sound quality as much as more well known brands.
yaworski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate you don't have a direct access to the hardware. I'm afraid that the chances are slim that anyone will give you a 100% working solution right away, especially as you've said that this hardware is not mainstream.

I've used the simpleset.com method I've described to you in one of your threads before. I've also used "One For All Setup" Android app (which is used to configure URC-7980 remote) to check if UEI has R351 in their databases. The app proposed 4 codes to test: 0429, 0430, 0431 and 0432. So I've loaded the settings.bin file in RemoteMaster and these 4 codes are present in the file. So I've extracted them to rmdu files.

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25239

All of them use NEC2. Both 0429 and 0430 use 131/119 (dev/subdev) and both 0431 and 0432 use 133/113. What's strange is that some digit keys have duplicated OBCs (these are original UEI upgrades).
n8nagel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood. But if you don't ask... a long shot beats the heck out of never getting it working.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Luxman R-351 Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
... I got one of these receivers late last year specifically because a teenager wanted "a good stereo" for Christmas. ... I don't have access to the receiver to test as the owner is a 10 hour drive away from me, unfortunately.

Why not buy the teenager a USB-enabled JP1 remote, like the OARUSB04G (for less than $16 on Amazon) so he can test any codes that we create?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmony has a few codes for this model. And irdb.tk has some generic Luxman codes which are NEC1, device 204. If yaworski's codes don't work, I'll see what the Harmony codes look like and post back.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know if he's savvy enough to play with it, or even has regular access to a PC. I can ask his mom I guess if it'd be a worthwhile exercise. Heck, it'd probably be good for him to learn some logical programming skills. I'm probably not a good guide/mentor though as I literally just this weekend programmed my very first JP1. It works, though, so I've got that going for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: