JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CH340G USB-to-Serial converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackride

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Nice. So you need his modified serial dll for this to work. Have you replaced your dll with his?

No. I do not know which library jp12serial is his. Crying or Very sad
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither. You’ll have to ask him.
blackride

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Me neither. You’ll have to ask him.

I send the message in PM.

Now I have another problem with URC-6440. I changed the button codes in the RMIR. I upload to URC-6440. But there are no codes in URC-6440. Why is this happening?
Also I tried to change the old setting.bin file - I deleted the TV device. But after loading, the device TV remains.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you're trying to say or how you changed the settings.bin file. Post your RMIR file and tell us what codes you changed.

RMIR protects you from doing bad things to the bin file, like deleting a device upgrade but failing to assign the associated device button to a different code, which I'm guessing is what you did.

Regardless, as Rob said, start by downloading from the remote, save as RMIR, make your changes, upload. Don't mess with the original bin again.
blackride

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say or how you changed the settings.bin file. Post your RMIR file and tell us what codes you changed.

RMIR protects you from doing bad things to the bin file, like deleting a device upgrade but failing to assign the associated device button to a different code, which I'm guessing is what you did.

Regardless, as Rob said, start by downloading from the remote, save as RMIR, make your changes, upload. Don't mess with the original bin again.

I upload the video https://youtu.be/ul-c0OoRuvI
On the video, I first clicked the "2" button on the PVR device. After that I changed the key on the button 2 of the PVR device and uploaded it to the URC-6440. But the key has not changed - it is visible on the monitor of the port of ArduinoIDE.

File RMIR https://ufile.io/j3rt7
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube pulled your video because of the music.

I can't download from 3rd party sites at my location because they are blocked.

Please post files in our diagnosis section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
blackride

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Youtube pulled your video because of the music.

I can't download from 3rd party sites at my location because they are blocked.

Please post files in our diagnosis section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35

Sorry. I don't know that recordered sound. This is video without sound https://youtu.be/ul-c0OoRuvI

I upload file 12.rmir (Description OFA URC-6440)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25209
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On General tab, PVR is not assigned to Setup Code 4000, the one you edited on the Devices tab. It is still associated with your learns which you did not modify.

Also, your learns are completely different than Setup Code 4000. So how is that going to work at all?
blackride

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
On General tab, PVR is not assigned to Setup Code 4000, the one you edited on the Devices tab. It is still associated with your learns which you did not modify.

Also, your learns are completely different than Setup Code 4000. So how is that going to work at all?

I have already created new devices and they work. The only problem URC-6440 radiates two codes. First i get such 800F840B, after i get such 800F040B.
I assume that the new device in URC-6440 radiates code at a frequency of 36 kHz. And the photoreceiver (IR TSOP31238) at me 38 kHz.
But the fact is that the codes from the Sony TV and the PVR device, where I learned the URC-6440 from the original remote, emit at 38 kHz - one code of button.

Tell me what update to use, so that the codes are at 38 kHz?
I'm not interested in what the basic model of the device (sony dvd-player or bluray samsung, and etc), because I can write any codes in arduino leonardo, through which I will manage the media center kodi.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just assign 4000 to PVR on the general tab like I said and delete your learns. Othewise you are just sending the same learned signals. 95% of all IR codes are 38kHz. The frequency is not what makes codes different from each other.
blackride

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
95% of all IR codes are 38kHz. The frequency is not what makes codes different from each other.

I tried such updates:
1. Windows Media Center8820.rmdu
2. Microsoft Windows MCE.rmdu
3. Sony Kitchen TV-CD-Radio.rmdu
4. Windows Media Center.rmdu
5. Sony SLV-R1000.txt
6. Kodi RC-5 MCE USB Reciever v1.rmdu
7. Windows Media Center v2.rmdu
They all give 2 different codes per button.

Why i get two codes from one button?

If I learn the URC-6440 via a SimpleSet (official site) or direct code setting using the official list of OFA codes, I do not get 2 codes on button, i get one code on button.
Does this mean that the PMIR program assigns two codes?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that this thread has evolved from a connection issue thread into a device upgrade thread, can we get some specifics on the device that you're trying to control, starting with the make and model. Do any of the learns in your RMIR file control the device in question? Most of those learns look like bad learns so they probably don't control anything. Which device upgrade are you using where you get "2 codes on button" and how are you determining that you are getting 2 codes? It sounds to me like you are observing a toggle bit. Is this "2 codes" thing causing you a problem controlling your device, or are you just observing it and assuming that it's bad?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are referring to the fact that if you press a button, you get code A, but if you press it a second time, you get code B, and the next time you get code A again. That's because the MCE protocol toggles one bit with every press, like Rob said. So the codes are indeed different every other time. This toggling makes MCE or RC5/6 a terrible choice for what you're doing. Use a non-toggling protocol like NEC1 or Sony, which is probably like one of the Official OFA codes you've tried.

Rob, from what I gathered in the video, his device is kind of like an FLIRC which uses any arbitrary code set. All you do is define in the software what action each unique code performs. Most people use MCE with these devices because they could buy MCE remotes off the shelf that came with an IR dongle. The software usually ignores the toggle bit, so it shouldn't be a problem. But since his particular software/device may be some home brewed solution, maybe the toggle bit is a problem, in which case, any non-toggling code set will work fine.
blackride

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
It sounds to me like you are observing a toggle bit. Is this "2 codes" thing causing you a problem controlling your device, or are you just observing it and assuming that it's bad?

mdavej wrote:

Rob, from what I gathered in the video, his device is kind of like an FLIRC which uses any arbitrary code set. All you do is define in the software what action each unique code performs. Most people use MCE with these devices because they could buy MCE remotes off the shelf that came with an IR dongle. The software usually ignores the toggle bit, so it shouldn't be a problem. But since his particular software/device may be some home brewed solution, maybe the toggle bit is a problem, in which case, any non-toggling code set will work fine.

Yes. It is toggling bit.

mdavej wrote:

If you are referring to the fact that if you press a button, you get code A, but if you press it a second time, you get code B, and the next time you get code A again. That's because the MCE protocol toggles one bit with every press, like Rob said. So the codes are indeed different every other time. This toggling makes MCE or RC5/6 a terrible choice for what you're doing. Use a non-toggling protocol like NEC1 or Sony, which is probably like one of the Official OFA codes you've tried.

This is a problem. After a second press, the receiving device does not receive a signal.
This is not FLIRC. But it is similar to it and better, because it is programmed. This is arduino leonardo pro micro (on atmega32u4). The sketch (program) performs the role of converting the IR signal into a code of keyboard. Namely emulates the keyboard from the remote control.
Now I have found a solution and now this is not a problem. Now the bit is not skipped, but also received as the first signal.

I am very grateful that you helped me to sort this out.
Can I find out if it is possible to assemble the JP1.2/3 adapter on the M74HC266B1 chip following scheme the Tommy's for programming URC-7440 R02 / JP1.4?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackride wrote:
Now I have found a solution and now this is not a problem. Now the bit is not skipped, but also received as the first signal.

What did you do, did you re-write the code to ignore the toggle bit?

blackride wrote:
Can I find out if it is possible to assemble the JP1.2/3 adapter on the M74HC266B1 chip following scheme the Tommy's for programming URC-7440 R02 / JP1.4?

Given that we've been able to buy the FTDI cable from chip_partner for under $10 for so long, we have long since stopped bothering with any other chip/cable/method, so I doubt there is much expertise here anymore to help with that. If I were you, I'd just shell out the $8.50 for the chip_partner cable, because surely your time is worth more than that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: