JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rveal - Android TV set-top box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, binky123 AND The Robman for pointing out binkys123 NEW posted BIN that I DID miss. This NEWLY posted BIN is by FAR the BEST PERFORMANCE BIN compared to ANY other BINS that we did generate !! I am still having going through all the most important virtue functions buttons to find out, and so far this newly binky123's BIN does CORRECTLY work on most important functions buttons that I did test so far, so it is very encouraging !!! I just would like to let you know EARLY the GREAT NEWS while I am still having testing ALL buttons but by FAR this is the very BEST and ONLY BIN so far that does WORK CORRECTLY on the needed important virtue functions, so great thanks to binky123 AND The Robman, for solving whatever problems in ALL of the previous BINS that we DID generate BUT all previous BINS NEVER working CORRECTLY !!! I am still testing every virtue functions as we speak and all functions that I have already tested up to now WORKING CORRECTLY with this NEW amazing BIN !!
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to hear that this new BIN performs much better than the others.

I don't think you need to test many of the virtual buttons on the Slingplayer as most don't have any functions assigned to them.

The numbers 0-9, Vol+, Vol-, Mute, Power, Info(Home function), Menu, Up, Dn, Left, Right, Select, Exit(Return/Go Back), Guide(Home function), Rewind(skip-/next- function), FFWD(skip+/next+ function) are the only Virtual buttons with functions assigned to them.

The other function codes listed are Yellow/Web, Blue/App, Red/Media, Green/Music, Mouse, 1/a, Backspace/Delete but I don't know if they do anything for your Rveal android box.

Let me know if I should assign them and create a new BIN file for you.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks and great job to YOU, especially binky123, and also The Robman, to figure out how to solve WHATEVER all the PROBLEMS that we DID have while generating ALL of our MALFUNCTIONS previous BINS for this Android Set Top Box !! This IS the ONLY true CORRECTLY WORKING BIN for my Box that I have been looking for for a VERY long time for my Android Set Top Box since the SlingBox Android TV Set Top Streaming Box BIN is NOT popular at all SO it is VERY hard to find; this BIN does WORK CORRECTLY on all IMPORTANT functions that I DO need to control my RVEAL set top box remotely away from home to watch the programs that I DO want to watch !! One question to binky123, since now you deeply understand things about my set top box, if in the near future, I would like to ADD just 1 other USEFUL function to 1 of the unsigned still available virtue button, do I need to go back to re set up all of my old Vulkano Flow box, all hardware, all connections set up, and its leaning code procedures set up, all over again just to learn the 1 new additional useful function THEN send you the NEW modified Vulkano learn file that will include the 1 additional NEW learnt code inside mixed in with other already previously learnt codes that you already successfully used to created my current WORKING BIN ?? OR you HAVE a way to do that WITHOUT I must go through ALL of those hardware and software to re set up my OLD Vulkano Box and software procedures time and efforts consuming following ?? Thank a lot again binky123, for helping me a lot to generate the finally WORKING BIN file, and I look forwards to your ANSWER to THIS just adding 1 useful function question !!! Best regards
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to setup Vulkano Flow to learn the other useful function. You may not have to setup all the hardware. Just connect to the Flow using the Vulkano Setup Wizard software to learn a function and save the LRN file. Then upload it here. I can then add it and assign to a new virtual button that you want.

What function do you want to add? The Quick Play MXQ Pro file may already have it in the list. If you don't learn the new function, we have to guess and use numbers up to 255 that aren't used at the moment. The file currently has 31 numbers used out of 255.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not remember what function but in the past, I have ran into a case that I streamed away from home and wish I had that function !!! In the future, when I will, for sure, run into that situation again, I will write it down, then ask you first before spending time to set up my old Vulkano box to learn since I did it for so MANY years ago and now, after so MANY years have passed, I do NOT remember how to make the Vulkano box to learn anymore, AND with recent COMPLETELY removing the remote server from the Monsoon Corporation, I do not know for sure that EVEN IF I re set up my old abandoned Vulkano Flow Box, can it still learn functions WITHOUT its remote streaming server AFTER I have to finding my way slowly to recall my old memories through all of the steps of that procedure that I did for so many years ago BECAUSE it is extremely difficult to find any procedure, documents for my old Vulkano Flow box left on the Internet to help me, with the Manufacturer company NO LONGER exists for a long long time !!! Thank a lot for your great work and help, curious question: What did you FIX that was our BIG problems that have always prevented the MANY previous BIN files versions from both your files and The Robman files from working correctly ???
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really do anything. I just found a file with the correct button labels and associated function codes that matched what you learned with the appropriate Virtual buttons on the Slingplayer program. I used the same Remote Master program as before to generate the C2001_PL.BIN.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binky123, you seem to have good technical knowledge background, so if you can answers some of my ever lingering technical questions OR ANYBODY in the forum, please chip in your answers / opinion, thank a lot :
1/ I can ALWAYS use forever FREE wifi data for streaming at McDonalds, Starbucks Cafe, Panera Breads.....and other retail locations stores BUT I ALWAYS encounter errors that my Slingbox does NOT connect or turn off at also FREE wifi locations like Burger King, Wendys, Jack in the Box,.... even I followed Sling procedures guide on their Website to forwards my router port to the Sling recommended port number on my router. But then at these error locations on my streaming, I still be able to connected my Cellphone to surf ANY Web sites or to check my emails or read news on ANY internet sites at those error streaming locations ??? I can still stream by 4G ANYWHERE BUT streaming video will over data limit on my phone bill. What can it be the differences from some of these companies FREE wifi to other free Wifi locations ? Did they install a special block firewall for video streaming from Slingbox but allow normal Internet connection for NON video streaming sites at some retail stores companies ??
2/ Any streaming service on any TV streaming set top box like the boxes that I have, the MAG 254, and the newest Dreamlink version ... do have a streaming time limits built into its Android system software; After an hour or 2 hours or so, ALL of ANY brands of Android Streaming TV set top box will automatically cut off the streaming and go back to the default main screen OR automatically turn off the box power after a very similar error pop up windows on ANY brand Android streaming TV set top box on the TV screen something like "maximum streaming time limits, please hit the OK or Escape button to continuing streaming over time limit". Do you know any way to DISABLE this annoying every hour time limit feature built in ANY brand Android TV streaming set top box ??? As I have read somewhere on the Internet that there is a way to DISABLE in the Android operating system this built in Android feature on ALL Android streaming TV set top box brands, but I cannot find the instruction again, now, from a forum !!!
3/ If I try to find a VERY VERY old version of the current Slingplayer, maybe version 1.2 which is VERY hard to find on the Internet, when Sling still allowed remote button learning capability like my very old Vulkano, THEN will that VERY VERY old version will work on the relatively NEWER version of the hardware of the Slingbox as the Slingbox 300 or 500, so we can use the extremely old slingplayer software designed to work with the then all red color super old Slingbox pro hardware many many years ago, with the newer hardware version of the Slingbox as the newer 300 or 500 version model hardware of the newer Slingbox to learn function buttons like the old Vulkano so I do NOT need to re set up the old Vulkano System to learn just 1 or 2 new functions ?? What do you think ?? Other thing I think of is even we must remove the newest current slingplayer to install the very very old slingplayer version on the Windows 10 desktop PC when the Slingplayer software still allowed the virtue remote control buttons learning function, we may NOT be able to completely remove everything in our PC Windows 10 Registers that the new Slingplayer has already created THEN after we will install the super old version of the Slingplayer if we can find it on the Internet, to take advantage of its remote learning capability, we will have the conflict problems in our PC registers values still existed, so the old installed version will NOT run correctly !!! What do you think the chance to do that so we hopefully will NOT totally waste a lot of time and efforts in that direction at all ???
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Vulkano Blast and tried running Setup Wizard again and was not able to. I believe this is due to the servers shutting down. Thus, you won't be able to use your Vulkano Flow to learn a signal anymore.

When you remember what function you want, these are some of the options for you:

One option is to try various numbers to see if any have the correct function behavior you want. Robman generated some BINs for you previously using this method.

Another option is to purchase a learning remote that has a USB cable so the learned code can be transferred to a PC for analysis.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, binky123 for your reply. I do remember that I did read from an Android forum that several members of an Android operating system forum did have the EXACT same problem streaming 1 to 2 hours timing limit only then automatically shut off power their streaming boxes if they are NOT present to watch for when in random time their boxes will be automatically turn off, to turn the boxes back on and continue streaming function then continuing recording, so the members were very frustration that they CANNOT set for automatic not present to record any full 2 hours program like movies or live sport events from their Android streaming set top box as I did describe my exact same problems in my last post question number 2 for my box, so they together studied and SUCCESSFULLY found out a step by step guide solution to go into Android operating System to successfully DISABLE this annoying feature for ALL Android streaming boxes, but NOW I no longer can find that guide or forum to follow their instruction to disable this annoying feature for my boxes !!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have the need to learn some remote buttons so that we can decode them for you, you could buy a Nevo C2 remote, this is a learning remote that comes with a USB cable which will let you download the remote contents using JP1 software. Don't worry, we're not asking you to completely learn how to do all the JP1 magic, all you would need to do is download the memory and send it to us, we'll do the rest.

Here's one for $24 shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253544662750

Now that we know Binky's last file works, i have created a new one with (hopefully) better button mapping. All of the buttons from the Quick Play MXQ Pro have been assigned to regular buttons, the only 2 buttons that I had to put on Custom20 and Custom21 were the BACKSPACE and 1/A buttons. If you would like any of the buttons moved around, let us know what you'd like and we can fix it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25198

If you want to see exactly how I arranged the functions on the buttons, download and install the RM program then use it to open the RMDU file that I included in the zip above. The Buttons tab lists which button each Function was assigned to. You'll notice that I've assigned some functions to multiple buttons if I thought it made sense.

I did notice that we don't have any transport keys (ie, play, rewind, fast forward, etc), do you have buttons for those on the original remote?
widlarphan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, The Robman, but your newest file malfunctions on most buttons as I did test all buttons; either the button brings up sub Android directories OR wrong response OR no response. binky123 file does work on ALL functions CORRECTLY BUT only 1 malfunction function; BOTH the left and right arrow key moves the selected icons highlighted field to the CORRECT direction BUT BOTH DO ALWAYS skip 1 icon, and instead they move the selected field WRONGLY 2 icons for every 1 single press on the virtue button, to the left or 2 icons to the right respectively IN ANY menu: on the Home screen icons AND on the transport menu BUT surprisingly the UP and DOWN arrow keys DO function CORRECTLY; might it be the BIN programming execution too long TIMING problem so when we press the virtue button ONLY ONCE, it equals to pressing of the PHYSICAL button directions arrow keys TWICE on the physical palm IR remote ??? Maybe please comparing the timing with the UP and DOWN arrow keys that DO function CORRECTLY. binky123 file DOUBLE duty uses OK button double as the transport bring up menu while on the streaming video screen that I DO have buttons the on my physical palm IR remote.

Before I contacted this forum for help, I did try my Logitech Harmony Smart Remote but after I tried to learn the buttons function by its hub then after the desktop Harmony application confirms that all functions have been learnt SUCCESSFULLY, I tried to use the my harmony application on my Android phone to remote control the remote functions and ALL functions DO malfunction, either no response or WRONG response from the Android streaming TV box !!

So far, the LAST binky123 BIN file IS by very far the ONLY right CORRECTLY response way to control my Android streaming TV set top box ALMOST 100 percent every single function work CORRECTLY EXCEPT ONLY 1 malfunction function of the left AND right choosing arrow keys function always moving the highlighted field TWICE in any menu, on the home screen or on the transport menu, so I CANNOT choose the CORRECT icon that I DO want to execute as it ALWAYS SKIP 1 icon !!

IF YOU OR binky123 DO want to help to make this last binky123 BIN to 100 percent PERFECTLY work, NOT 90 percent work but 90 percent working BIN STILL be VERY FAR from ANY other completely malfunction BINs AND using Logitech Harmony NON functional learning method, THEN please YOU or binky123 to look into FIXING this VERY LAST malfunction to make it into the 100 percent PERFECTLY work from the binky123 LAST BIN file. Thank a lot and best regards
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear you have a Logitech Harmony Smart Remote and a Hub. I believe both of those devices are able to learn missing commands.

It seems like the repeat mode needs to be adjusted so LEFT and RIGHT are seen only once and not repeated or the way the repeat is sent needs to be adjusted. I'm not sure what should be done at this time. I think there are several ways to solve it. I'll let others discuss it. I can rebuild the BIN files as needed.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binky123, surprisingly the UP and DOWN arrow keys DO function CORRECTLY to advance ONLY 1 time if we push the virtue button only 1 time; might it be the BIN programming execution too long TIMING problem for the LEFT AND RIGHT buttons functions so when we press the virtue button of the LEFT AND RIGHT ONLY ONCE but at least it DOES go to the right direction towards the left side or towards the right side that we do want BUT this malfunction creates the problem that on EVERY menu screen, we CANNOT execute some functions because it ALWAYS skips and jumps over the chosen highlighted cursor icon that we DO want to execute its icon function calling for, so we have NO way to choose execution for those functions that are called by the skipped icons, it equals to ALWAYS pressing of the PHYSICAL LEFT OR RIGHT buttons directions arrow keys TWICE to skip some icons functions on the physical palm IR remote ??? Maybe, please comparing the timing of the LEFT AND RIGHT buttons functions with the UP and DOWN arrow keys that DO function CORRECTLY. Overall, binky123, your LAST BIN file IS an EXCELLENT almost perfect BIN file, the ONLY true WORKING 90 percent file for my Android Streaming TV Box, EVERY SINGLE function of this BIN file consistently WORKS CORRECTLY EXCEPT for only 1 function, the LEFT and RIGHT arrow functions to highlight an icon that we need to execute on, in BOTH Home screen menu AND Transport menu OR ANY menu on any screen. Thank a lot for your help and The Robman help and great work
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is puzzling why UP and DOWN keys down repeat.

Are you able to add Google Play apps to the box? Perhaps you can load the Ghost Commander app or ES File Explorer app. These will allow you to explore the filesystem on the Rveal 1 box. I'm interested in the contents of the /system/etc/remote.conf file.

The remote.conf tells the Rveal box to listen for NEC1 device 128 IR signals and then maps that into box actions. Maybe there is some setting in there that is causing the LEFT and RIGHT keys to be treated as double-press.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, binky123. Per your request, below are 2 files linked to my 2 remotes configuration files in the RVEAL box system/etc/ folder, since I have 2 remotes, 1 is IR control remote came with the box when I bought the box, 1 is USB - RF optional remote that I bought from the Manufacturer; all the buttons from both remotes do function the same controlling the RVEAL box and look similar in all buttons labels:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25199
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25200
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: