JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rveal - Android TV set-top box
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
widlarphan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Rveal - Android TV set-top box Reply with quote

Hi,
Can someone please help to create the slingbox pro HD bin code file for my Android TV set-top box Rveal with its IR palm remote control ??? I was able to use the learn functions from my Vulkano Flow to learn each button of its palm remote control to create the ".lrn" learn file to successfully used on my Vulkano Flow to fully remote control it away from home on my Vulkano cellphone player BUT now Monsoon Inc. no longer has its server exists and the new version Slingplayer after version 1.5 NO LONGER has the remote control learning features ! So I am desperately STUCK because I am NOT technical enough for complicated steps in instructions on this Site and other sites to do it myself, my mai is widlarphan at yah..thank a lot for an answer
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ".lrn" file has the codes for the Rveal android set-top box. Up load it into the Diagnosis file section, using the link at the top of the web page, anf then post a link to it here.

It may also already be in the Harmony database. In that case, someone else can download that and help create the slingbox "BIN" file for your slingplayer.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the Model Number to look in the Harmony database.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, Alan. To Answer your LAST question post:
MODEL: RVEAL 1, WITH LINK FOR INFORMATION BELOW:
https://www.rveal.com/collections/all/products/rveal-1-bundles-streaming-media-player-upgraded-remote?variant=7441277616179
Thank a lot for answer to THIS post.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Thanks. My link posted file your suggestion below.YOU help ? Reply with quote

binky123
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25193
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25060

And just so you know, if you don't follow the instructions properly I will not offer any further help. Too many people ignore them.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for informational purposes. I looked at the LRN file and it had 9 learns.

NEC1 128 no subdevice
Code:

Flow-keycode  OBC
0Dh           77
12h           27
1ah           83
1bh           38
1ch           40
1dh           37
1eh           39
1fh           13
22h           73
widlarphan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot. You are correct about the 9 learns that I used the built-in ability of my Vulkano Flow AND my RVEAL Android TV Box palm IR remote control to point at the Vulkano Flow to learn 1 code at a time to build its learn file created automatically by my Vulkano Flow AFTER I finished all my funstions learning buttons. Can you help me to create these learnt Vulkano learn file codes into a Slingbox Pro HD 300 BIN file so I can remote control my RVEAL 1 Android TV Box as I DID with my Vulkano Flow which currently NOW NO LONGER has its server exists for away from home streaming capability as my Slingbox Pro HD 300 still DOES have its remote streaming SERVER ! Thank a lot for your help, I am desperate because of my very LIMITED technical knowledge AND my very LIMITED experiences in this field, I highly appreciate your great help !
widlarphan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: RVEAL Slingbox BIN file Reply with quote

Thanks, ALAN. I DID try your suggested V2010PL.BIN file link, but the file does NOT work on my RVEAL & Slingbox to control, but thank a lot.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported the V2010_PL.BIN file and it has NEC1 dev=64 subdev=64. I changed the setup code to 2011 and set the dev=128 with no subdev. I also noticed that some of the OBC's that you learned are not in the functions list. I added them to the list and mapped them in this way:
Code:

OBC=77 is Power
OBC=27 is Custom20
OBC=83 is Red/Custom18
OBC=38 is Custom21
OBC=40 is Green/Custom22
OBC=37 is Yellow/Custom23
OBC=39 is Blue/Custom24
OBC=13 is Select
OBC=73 is White/Custom25

so I mapped function 40 to the Green button on the Slingbox GUI.

I put the rveal1.zip file containing PL and RV BIN files at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25194. The setup code is 2011 to distinguish from the Thorstream one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binky, how did you guess what functions the learned OBCs referred to? Given that Alan's bin file used different device codes, I would assume that it's for a different device, so I wouldn't assume that the OBCs are correct.

widlarphan, when you test Binky's file, try the 9 buttons listed but don't necessarily expect them to do what they say, as we don't really know what the 9 buttons that you learned do.

Also, have you ever loaded a Slingbox bin file before? If you haven't, and you find that Binky's file doesn't work either, please go back to the intructions that came with Alan's file and reply with answers to his 12 (or so) questions. The #1 rule here is, you should not just reply with "it didn't work" which is exactly what you did.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, binky123. Your BIN file PARTIAL works !!! 2 buttons on my virtue remote created automatically by YOUR 2011 BIN file DO remotely control 2 functions, BUT the rest of all other buttons give NO response on my RVEAL set top box as I did test ALL buttons on my virtual remote with YOUR BIN file; I DID test every single buttons with both your 2011 BIN file AND Alan's 2010 BIN file; Alan's 2010 BIN file does give NO response on ALL buttons on the virtual remote WHILE YOUR 2011 BIN file DOES remotely control 2 functions on my set top Android box !!! So YOU DID something correctly BUT I still do NOT understand while 2 functions DO work, DO remotely controlled by your 2011 BIN file BUT the rest of ALL buttons on my virtue remote still do NOT work. At least, we are in the RIGHT direction. Thank a lot for your answer to THIS post
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that is progress, so we have the right protocol and device codes. Just out of curiosity, which 2 buttons worked and did they do what they were supposed to, or something different?

Here's another way we can approach this. We can create new upgrades that cover all 256 button codes and then you can test them to see which buttons work.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, Robman, the 2 buttons working is the SELECT (OK) button and VOLUME UP button but it is map to the wrong label buttons but I DID test ALL buttons created by binky123 2011 BIN file to see any response so I did find out those 2 buttons do force the correct response from the set top box when I push those 2 buttons on the virtual remote !! I used my physical palm IR remote to move the highlighted field to a line selection on the menu then used the virtue SELECT (OK) button to choose that selection and it DID it correctly, then I used my physical palm IR remote to turn the TV box volume to all the way down then used the virtue VOLUME UP button to turn the volume up and it DID it correctly even thought these 2 correct response buttons map to the wrong label buttons but at lease they work as all other virtue buttons do NOT work !!! Since we have made progress and head in the right direction, I HIGHLY appreciate your idea, and please DO follow through on your great idea as you did state: "We can create new upgrades that cover all 256 button codes and then you can test them to see which buttons work"
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out some crucial information:

1. What is the label of the virtual button that worked as SELCT (OK)?
  2. What is the label of the virtual button that worked as VOLUME UP?

The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: