JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony KDL-42V4100 TV, looking for INPUT obc/efc code
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Sony KDL-42V4100 TV, looking for INPUT obc/efc code Reply with quote

I've downloaded lots of codes for IR and remote master for my URC8910 w/extender but can't find the file for my TV input.They all have efc 239 but it doesn't work.My old 2104 used efc 058 and Sony File 1156.Most of the files I've downloaded are Sony file 1000 . HELP !! Thanks ahead of time for your help.P.S. My TV is a KDL-42V4100

Last edited by BigDLondon on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/1156 in the 15-2104 remote uses the NEC1 protocol with a single device code of 64 (leave the sub-device blank) and 058 was indeed the EFC assigned to the INPUT button (that's OBC 15, btw).

So, have you tried adding that function to your existing upgrade, if it uses NEC1, dev 64, or creating a new upgrade for it?

I don't know what remote you're using now, but it probably has at least one NEC1 64 code in it already.
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman
I'm using a URC 8910 w/extender..I'm going to try making my own using Key Master with excel.Wish me luck.BigD

Didn't work Sad
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an exact match for your model (both use the same original remote), and is EFC 239 like all the others you tried. But with Sony combo protocol, better to fill in the protocol, device and OBC which is Sony12, 1, 37. Three digit EFC doesn't tell the whole story when using combo protocols.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9079

This also works and adds a whole lot more functions:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10418

Rob, TV/1156 is a red herring. I have no idea what "file 1000" or 1156 mean, but I know setup code 1156 is Toshiba, not Sony. Maybe he's referring to the arbitrary setup code in the upgrade files he downloaded, which we know is meaningless.

Manual cover shows all equivalent sony model numbers:
https://docs.sony.com/release//KDL40V4100.pdf
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help but am still not able to access inputs without going into settings . I'll keep looking .BigD
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing else to find. The codes in the files are correct. It's just a matter of getting them into your remote. This being a combo protocol makes it not as straight forward as working with just the 3 digit EFCs. Why don't you post your RMIR (or IR) file so we can diagnose.
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the IR file in diagnosis area under IR for 2104 Sony TV Input make work on 8910BigD .Thanks for your help.BigDLondon

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25156
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assuming that's the one that currently works correctly on your 2104, right? It matches the other upgrades and codes I posted exactly. So now post your current 8910 file so we can fix that one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade in that IR file came from the following KM file, and the INPUT function included in the file uses EFC 239:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5246
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded the new IR file for the URC 8910 with the Sony TV file installed to the diagnosis area.Thanks for your help it's frustrating and I'm almost ready to give up.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD, before you give up, could you please try and write a summary of your situation, because I'm not totally clear on what works and what doesn't.

From what I think I understand so far, you have 2 remotes, a 15-2104 and a URC-8910. Both control your TV, but the URC-8910 doesn't have the right code for the INPUT button, whereas the 15-2104 does. Am I right so far?

Ok, so for the 15-2104 you said "My old 2104 used efc 058 and Sony File 1156", whereas when I look at your 15-2104 file, it uses an upgrade called TV/1000 and it has EFC 239 on the INPUT button. Regarding the 239 code, you also said "They all have efc 239 but it doesn't work".

You just posted something about uploading a file for the URC-8910, but I don't see a link.

Also, do you still have the original TV remote? If so, given that both the 15-2104 and the URC-8910 are learning remotes, what's stopping you from learning the INPUT button to confirm what EFC or OBC it uses?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found your file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25157

So, going back to the KM upgrade file that you use for your TV, the hex code for the INPUT function is "A4 80". Looking at your 15-2104 IR file, I can see that you assigned this function to the TV/VCR button. Looking at your URC-8910 IR file I can see that this function is not assigned to any buttons. So, which button were you expecting it to be on, and what did you do to make it get there?

I just re-created the KM file using the button assignments that I see in your URC-8910 file, and then just added the INPUT function to the TV/VID button and updated your IR file. Is that all you were trying to do?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25158
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's what I've done.But the TV input still doesn't work I gave that KM file a go.Thanks
I tried to fix some of buttons on 15-2104 and it quit responding.So I setup the URC 8910 and can't get the input to work like it did in the 15-2104.I guess I'll try and learn the input from the original TV remote.Thanks for your time.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25157
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the 15-2104 file that you posted isn't the working file?

Did you try my file?
BigDLondon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did and it still won't access the TV input .Do you have a virgin URC8910 file to upload so I can learn the Sony input code ? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: