JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DVB-C cable tuner PX1444-675
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: DVB-C cable tuner PX1444-675 Reply with quote

Although this post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10494
refers to IR.exe, which I don't know or have, I am hoping that the RMIR file I uploaded (from RMIR 2.06 build 2):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25145
will contain the necessary information to identify this remote's mystery protocol. I have learned all of the remote buttons and tested them successfully as requested in the above-mentioned post.
Meanwhile, I will see if I can figure out how to use RMPB based on the documentation I found for the earlier, spreadasheet-based version:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Protocol_Builder
and
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2304

P.S. I found the current RMPB documentation:
file:///D:/Util/RMIR/RMPB_Readme.html
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mystery here, all your learns show NEC1, device code 223, sub-device code 0.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I feel really stupid now: I just saw there was no function tab and panicked.
Put in the the protocol and voila, I could copy in all of the learned codes without problems.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Device Upgrade for DVB-C cable tuner PX1444-675 Reply with quote

The method described above did not work. I wound up having to create a new upgrade from the learned keys as described here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#How_Do_You_Create_An_Upgrade_From_Scratch
The (hopefully) final result can be found here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25173
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Device Upgrade for DVB-C cable tuner PX1444-675 Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
The method described above did not work. I wound up having to create a new upgrade from the learned keys as described here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#How_Do_You_Create_An_Upgrade_From_Scratch

That is the correct method, which method was "described above" that didn't work?
rsbrux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a description Wink
Quote:
Put in the the protocol and voila ...

Here is a bit more detail:
    In the "Device Upgrade Editor" (presumably RM) I entered the protocol, device and subdevice in the"Setup" tab of the learned device, whereupon a "Functions" tab appeared.

I then entered the learned functions and their OBCs into the "Functions" tab. The result looked good, but when I uploaded it to the remote, the buttons didn't work. I presume that the data I entered in the "Setup" tab was not sufficient.

Selecting the learned codes in RMIR and using "Create Device Upgrade" as described in "How Do You Create An Upgrade From Scratch" brought the desired results.

When all else fails, read the instructions Wink

P.S. I tried to make the list above an "ordered list" (list=), but this didn't work for me in Firefox 59.0.2 running under Windows 8.1
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused, and I'm only staying on this to see if there's a step that I can clarify which will help you next time. In your most recent post, it sounds like you tried to create an upgrade manually and it didn't work, but when you used the automatic button it did work. Yet in your previous post, you said some other method didn't work, but the manual method (described in the link that you posted) did work.

Hopefully both methods resulted in an RMDU file that you saved, so if you compare them you might see where you went wrong. Or, post them for us to look at. My guess is that you forgot to actually assign the functions to the buttons in the manual upgrade.

An example of an ordered list:
  1. Option 1
  2. Option 2
  3. Option 3

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you wanted your post to look like:
rsbrux wrote:
Quote:
Put in the the protocol and voila ...

1. In the "Device Upgrade Editor" (presumably RM) I entered the protocol, device and subdevice in the"Setup" tab of the learned device, whereupon a "Functions" tab appeared.
  2. I then entered the learned functions and their OBCs into the "Functions" tab. The result looked good, but when I uploaded it to the remote, the buttons didn't work. I presume that the data I entered in the "Setup" tab was not sufficient.
  3. Selecting the learned codes in RMIR and using "Create Device Upgrade" as described in "How Do You Create An Upgrade From Scratch" brought the desired results.

P.S. I tried to make the list above an "ordered list" (list=), but this didn't work for me in Firefox 59.0.2 running under Windows 8.1

If so, I'll post it again in the next post below with BBCode turned off so you can see the right way to code it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Put in the the protocol and voila ...[/quote]
[list=1][*]In the "Device Upgrade Editor" (presumably RM) I entered the protocol, device and subdevice in the"Setup" tab of the learned device, whereupon a "Functions" tab appeared.
[*]I then entered the learned functions and their OBCs into the "Functions" tab. The result looked good, but when I uploaded it to the remote, the buttons didn't work. I presume that the data I entered in the "Setup" tab was not sufficient.
[*]Selecting the learned codes in RMIR and using "Create Device Upgrade" as described in "How Do You Create An Upgrade From Scratch" brought the desired results.[/list]

rsbrux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the BB code tutorial. I didn't know about the [*] tag.
The only significant difference I see between the working and non-working versions is that I neglected to put in a setup code in the non-working version. Could that be the cause of the problem?
Working version:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25173
non-working version:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25180
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
The only significant difference I see between the working and non-working versions is that I neglected to put in a setup code in the non-working version. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Er, yeah! This is a first for me as I've never seen an RMDU file before with no setup code, as I thought it defaulted to 0000, but regardless, if you had no setup code, how did you program it to a device button to test it?
rsbrux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have to. I learned it with the Xsight Touch "Device setup" - "Learn a remote" feature, so it was already in the XSight's device list. I was also able to assign the key groups to activities in RMIR without problems.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
I didn't have to. I learned it with the Xsight Touch "Device setup" - "Learn a remote" feature, so it was already in the XSight's device list. I was also able to assign the key groups to activities in RMIR without problems.

What you did using the remote was to capture (ie, learn) the signals from your original remote. Think of this as an analog tape recording.

What you did using RM was to create a digital original.

I know the learned signals were assigned to the device button, but what did you do to assign your new RM upgrade to a device button? That's where you would need a setup code.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning a new device on the XSight Touch automatically assigns that device to a (soft) device button. Since I was editing the downloaded configuration with RMIR, the learned device remained assigned to the device button originally assigned on the XSight Touch. I didn't need to do anything, beyond using the built-in XSight Touch function. I reached it via the following steps:
  1. Settings
  2. Device Setup
  3. Add Device
  4. Cable
  5. Learn Remote (this option is at the end of the list of brands)

P.S. I know it looks as though I posted the above with BBCode disabled, however, this is *not* the case.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
P.S. I know it looks as though I posted the above with BBCode disabled, however, this is *not* the case.

you forgot to enter a 1 after the = sign, I just fixed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: