JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

VU+ Solo2 STB toggle bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
putik1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: VU+ Solo2 STB toggle bit Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a complete beginner at this topic. The problem I have is as follows: I have recently bought the "one for all" remote model 6440 R02. I intend to use it with my STB VU+ Solo2. I had no problem to program it with code from the list, but it doesn't work correctly. I also tried remaining methods of programming the remote and none of them worked correctly as well. There is a delay when pressing up/down buttons and same thing happens when using volume +/volume-.

I have installed a program called RMIR but I'm not sure what to do next. Could You let me know if this program can solve my problem and how to use the program to fix this issue. Is there perhaps an alternative way of solving my problem? I will greatly appreciate all the suggestions and advice you can give me.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, RMIR can solve your problem. It can do pretty much anything with that remote. I suggest you begin by reading the Wiki article JP1 - Just How Easy Is It? - RM-IR Version.
putik1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read all article Just How Easy Is It - RM-IR Version but still can't solve my problem.
I downladed the most similar file (I didn't find exactly the correct named file) Vu+Solo from Device Upgrades folder/Digital STBs and loaded to the remot through the Device Upgrade Editor window.
Remote still doesn't work properly
Thanks for any advice
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Could you say more about how the remote does not work properly?

If it is still the same "There is a delay when pressing up/down buttons and same thing happens when using volume +/volume-.", this sounds unusual, but might be due to a 'hit and miss' effect of poor range, or something in the way of the IR beam from the remote...or even if there is a protective piece of clear plastic film over the sensor (e.g. our STB has a 'transparent' flap over the controls which needs to be left open)

If you have the original remote for the STB, does that work ok or have you tried learning, please?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrases like "doesn't work properly" are never very useful in a technical forum, and it may have deterred some folks from jumping in to help (it's certainly why I didn't jump in right away).

First things first, do you have fresh batteries in the remote? As is, have you tested the batteries to check that they're good?

Am I right in assuming from your first post that you found a built in setup code that does work your device (if so, what code?) but you get the delay issue with certain buttons, but the rest of the buttons work perfectly?

You said that you " tried the remaining methods of programming" by which I assume that you meant that you used the learning feature to capture the signals from your original remote? But then you said "none of them worked correctly as well", does this mean that even when you learned the signals, you still got the delay issue with certain buttons, but not others?
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob.

Good idea about the possibility of low batteries. It may not be well documented but believe a pressed button flashes if they are low.

Btw, URC 6440 works fine with rechargeable AA batteries, preferably eneloop type.

Chris
putik1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, thank you for your help so far. I will try to describe the problem with my remote in more details

1) For example, I need to go to a 4th position in Menu- I press key DOWN four times and what happens is:
First time key pressed – cursor goes down once, one signal is sent from remote (checked in phone’s camera)
Second time key pressed – cursor doesn’t move but one signal is sent…
Third time key pressed - cursor doesn’t move but one signal is sent…
Fourth time key pressed – cursor goes down twice, one signal just sent…
So I went only to position 3th in Menu.

2) Similar thing happens with Volume +. When I press once, the volume goes up one position, but then when I press second time nothing happens. Then it works and then it doesn’t and so on.

3) The BACK button works the in similar manner. It works only once and then doesn’t work at all at least until I press some other button.

When I code this remote for a Philips tv it works correctly.
The original remote for the STB works correctly as well. Batteries are new. I’ve tried to program it in several different ways: by entering the code (2799, 2499, 3458), through the manufacturers website, I tried to mirror (teach) the remote and finally tried the RMIR. Still nothing. On the exactly the same device just some other one remote works the same
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the original remote works perfectly but the URC-6440 remote exhibits this strange behavior, and the batteries are all fresh, I have to assume that the setup code that you selected is close but not correct.

What I would like you to do is learn all of the buttons from the original remote, using the URC-6440, then connect the remote to your computer using the USB cable and download the memory using the RMIR program. Then load a copy of the file to our Diagnosis Area folder and post a link to it here.

Also, once you have learned the buttons, test them on your device to see if they work properly or if they exhibit the same behavior that you found before.

It sounds like your device expects what we call a "toggle bit", which is a bit of data that flips each time a button is pressed (ie, the first press sends 0, the next press sends 1, etc) and it sounds like the setup code that you selected doesn't flip the bit.

Here's an experiment that you can do, try pressing buttons on the URC-6440 where you never press the same button twice in a row, so instead of pressing UP, UP, UP, try pressing UP, LEFT, UP, LEFT, UP and see if that works. If it does, it will confirm my theory.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an upgrade for the VU+ Solo2 in the file section.
The corresponding setup codes from Simpleset.com are 7701 and 8678. These are almost the same. Play and Pause are different from each other, and also different from our upgrade.
putik1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25151
After learning the same behavior as before...
Yours theory is right, if I pressing DOWN, RED, DOWN, RED, DOWN its works properly
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your learns perfectly match the upgrade that 3FG posted, so try loading that to see if it works better than the built in code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: