JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ocilion T220 IPTV stb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
gulyasal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Thank you so much! Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, I received an email today from Rob letting me know that you were working on a solution for me, and I didn't know! I am humbled by the attention that you have given me. I will definitely download the .bin and give it a go. The Ocilion T220 does show up for the Logitech Harmony; I needed to amend it slightly, as it repeated all commands three times. Once I edited the Harmony to repeat the signal only once, it worked. However, I could not find a solution for the Slingbox, so I am very excited by this. Thank you. Apologies for my silence! Alex.
gulyasal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Test Results Reply with quote

OK, I had an opportunity to install the .bin on the Slingbox. Was able to successfully install, and at least the key buttons (power, up, down, ok, menu) are working! Thank you! Unfortunately, I have the same issue as with the Harmony remote: each button press results in the signal repeating three times, so "up" results in the channels going up three channels at a time rather than only one channel. Is there a way to fix this? (Incidentally, I clicked on "notify me when a reply is posted" so I know when some has replied to this) Many thanks, Alex.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25130

Please try this file and let me know if it works without double-clicking.
gulyasal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry chuliu but many buttons don't work at all now: 0, up, down, ok, channel+, channel-, guide, menu, info do not function. Power works and numbers 1-9 work though, and work correctly (repeating only one time).
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please test one more time by downloading an updated file at the same link? It seems that I made a mistake pasting the values.

Thanks,
gulyasal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: T220 Reply with quote

Dear chuliu, same issue. 1-9 and power works, but none of the other buttons function. The download from Rob worked better in that the buttons generated the correct response from the set top box, except that the buttons repeated three times instead of once. Up and down went up and down three times; forward and skip forward went forward and skip forward three times. Even the OK button repeated three times. Is it possible to refine Rob's RMDU file instead? Alex.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I failed to modify rob's file.
Instead I re-worked on my own file. I made sure that the signal pattern is the same as those from ocilion from harmony remote. Note that you said you set harmony to repeat 1 time, whereas I set it to repeat zero times and one cannot hold the button. It means that one press on a button sends 1 signal only and long hold that button won't send additional signal. So there is only one signal sequence for my file, where as your harmony will send 2 signal sequence (repeat one) on a press of a button, and repeat the signal if the button is hold.

Please download another updated file from the original link and hopefully this will get it done. If not, we will work on the repeat count. Thanks.
gulyasal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: It works! Reply with quote

Downloaded it. The only thing I changed was the setup code from 0000 to 2000, as the Slingbox crashed every time I tried to upload C0000_pl.bin. But it worked as c2000_pl.bin. All buttons worked! Thank you for saving my Slingbox experience! I can use the box now! Regards, Alex.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: It works! Reply with quote

gulyasal wrote:
Downloaded it. The only thing I changed was the setup code from 0000 to 2000, as the Slingbox crashed every time I tried to upload C0000_pl.bin. But it worked as c2000_pl.bin. All buttons worked! Thank you for saving my Slingbox experience! I can use the box now! Regards, Alex.

Glad it works for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was the final file that worked a modified version of the file that I posted?
gulyasal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Ocilion T220 Reply with quote

Rob, the final file that worked and which I using now was the version that chuliu posted. It was an .rmdu file that I converted to a .bin file using the Remote Master application. I exported to Slingbox PL remote and used 2000 as the setup code.

I tried the one you sent, but it repeated too many times. So did chuliu's, but he sent a new version which now repeats only once.

Alex.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original request was just to create a bin file, rather than to create a non-repeating one, and as the protocol was a new protocol, we needed to create a new executor. I made the executor repeat as the original signal was a repeating signal.

When I decode the learns, I got different results than what 3FG and chuliu got, so I was curious what the final bin file was based on.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The original request was just to create a bin file, rather than to create a non-repeating one, and as the protocol was a new protocol, we needed to create a new executor. I made the executor repeat as the original signal was a repeating signal.

When I decode the learns, I got different results than what 3FG and chuliu got, so I was curious what the final bin file was based on.

It was I who captured the signal from harmony remote but when I did, I didn't change repeat to 1. Maybe that's the root of the repeating issue. I had to make repeat count to zero and hold to no in pb for it to work.

The rest is like what Rob said, we decoded the signal differently.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We often get requests from Slingbox users to change a protocol to be non-repeating, but normally the request is for a standard protocol (ie, NEC1, etc). In this case, we had a brand new protocol that we hadn't seen before so the first step was creating a new executor and having the user verify that it works (even if it repeats too fast). Then, once the repeating issue has been identified, we modify the executor again, so it's all normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: