JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic TX-58EXW784 TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TX-58EXW784 TV Reply with quote

I have just started using RMIR as a substitute for EZ-RC for my Xsight Touch and am very happy with it! I always wanted a way to manage my configuration locally, instead of depending on internet services. My only unfulfilled wish at present is that i would like to incorporate the functions I have learned with the remote into the corresponding device profiles, which I am saving as rmdu files. I have succeeded in converting the learned keys into device upgrades, using the "Convert to Device Upgrade" button. In some cases I had to create multiple upgrades because the learned codes included different subdevice codes (Panasonic Mixed Combo). Unfortunately, I am stumped on how to merge the learned codes into the corresponding device. The only possibility I see at present is to manually enter each code into the original device profile. Is there a better way? If so, how should I proceed?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Convert to Device Upgrade" button is experimental at best but as you have found, it's not always the best approach.

If you look in our file section you will find thousands of upgrades files, where each one was created by someone learning functions like you did and entering them one at a time into an RMDU file. So yes, that is the correct approach.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to open the two RMDU files simultaneously and then copy and paste all the new functions in one operation. You may have to reorder rows and/or columns to do it.

Also if your devices are common brands, there’s a very good chance we already have complete RMDU files for them in the file section. Most of the time an exact model match is not required.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
rsbrux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for both of your responses. Unfortunately, none of the above seem to work. None of the available rmdu files is a good match for my Panasonic TX-58EXW784 LCD TV. The Xsight Touch built-in setup code 1480 provides a better match than any of them. The resulting configuration downloads into RMIR as "Panasonic Mixed Combo", even though the device codes for all keys (even the learned ones) are 128. Unfortunately, the base configuration for setup code 1480 already uses all 5 available subdevice slots in the Mixed Combo setup, but one of the learned keys has a different subdevice code. Following the advice in the "Protocol Notes", I have tried changing the protocol to "Panasonic Combo". However, the resulting configuration has changes to EFC5, subdevice and hex of most keys. Only the EFC and OBC fields have remained unchanged. Is this normal?

P.S. My mistake, I miscounted. One of the 5 subdevice slots in the mixed combo protocol was still available. I am trying to create a complete rmdu by manual field by field copy, as no other method appears to be trustworthy.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all of the functions use the same device code, then the Panasonic Combo is a better choice, vs. Panasonic Mixed Combo, as it allows you to use an unlimited number of sub-device codes.

If you haven't been able to create the perfect device upgrade, zip together your files and post them in the Diagnosis Area and we'll sort it out. It's really a lot easier than you're making it seem.

If you have an RMIR file that contains both the downloaded 1480 upgrade, and the learned signals, that's actually all we need.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind offer! Here is the requested file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25136.
I am now blocked by other problems. Please see this post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=132932#132932
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the 1480 and your learns to create the following TV upgrade file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25138

And I added it to your RMIR file here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25139
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to open your RMIR file, I get:
"Error loading file TestMix2.rmir"
However, I was able to replace my device upgrade in an earlier RMIR version with yours, and the result seems to be working. Thanks for your help!
I see that your device upgrade also has changed OBC and hex codes from the mixed combo version, so I guess I needn't have worried about that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device, sub-device and OBC codes are what's important. The EFC and hex codes will changed based on the implementation, so in this case, changing from one executor to another will indeed cause them to change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: