JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BBTV New Set Top Box Old Remote Bin File Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested c2013_pl.bin created by Rob.

Here's confirming that IT WORKS!! IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY NOW!! no more double clicks! wow, I don't know how you guys did it but you guys are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! It definitely turned out to be way more complicated than I'd imagined. Thank you alanrichey, chuliu, 3FG, and Rob for such Herculean team effort spanning literally across the globe. It's a great day today. Can I buy you guys a beer? ha

Now, there is just one tiny little thing: the exit button is missing. All other buttons work fine and the c2013.bin is very usable. If anyone can patch the exit button, that would just be cherry on top. Cheers all!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I had to remove VariantName=slingbox in order to get RM to recognize the new executor.
Rob,
The VariantName line is correct. By design, the VariantName=slingbox entries will only be visible if the user has clicked Options/Show Slingbox protocols. I think the idea is that most people won't need the Slingbox versions, and this approach avoids cluttering the Protocols list.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

78904321 wrote:
Now, there is just one tiny little thing: the exit button is missing. All other buttons work fine and the c2013.bin is very usable. If anyone can patch the exit button, that would just be cherry on top. Cheers all!

I assume EXIT was included included in the stuff that you sent to Alan using the Harmony, but unfortunately I can't see that. I did try to reverse engineer the last bin file that he created, but the codes in it don't seem to correspond to the codes used here. Mabe chuliu can help? If someone can post the OBC for the EXIT button (and any other buttons that might be missing), I'll include them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The Robman wrote:
I had to remove VariantName=slingbox in order to get RM to recognize the new executor.
Rob,
The VariantName line is correct. By design, the VariantName=slingbox entries will only be visible if the user has clicked Options/Show Slingbox protocols. I think the idea is that most people won't need the Slingbox versions, and this approach avoids cluttering the Protocols list.

Ah thanks. Took some experimenting but I figured it out. You have to first select the menu option, then you have to close and restart RM in order to get it to appear.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu,
Actually, bin files generated for the PL chip wouldn't have a problem working, because the PL chip has 012A:2 already built in. So bin files for the PL chip don't need to include an executor. The difficulty comes in importing such a bin file into RM. RM doesn't know which chip to use, and may assume a RV chip, which doesn't have either variant of 012A built in. This ultimately leads to displaying the HCS08 version of the executor.

Similarly, RV chip bin files built with the old protocols.ini entry would use the 012A executor (which works), but on readback, the protocol would be displayed as RC-6-32.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I assume EXIT was included included in the stuff that you sent to Alan using the Harmony, but unfortunately I can't see that. I did try to reverse engineer the last bin file that he created, but the codes in it don't seem to correspond to the codes used here. Mabe chuliu can help? If someone can post the OBC for the EXIT button (and any other buttons that might be missing), I'll include them.

Yes, EXIT was included in my list of learned commands that I sent to Alan. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help fix this button. If you can extract these commands with the same method Alan uses, perhaps I can PM you my Harmony login?

BTW, for someone who has zero knowledge about remotecontrology (radio engineering?), all these technical talk really have me in awe. Major props to you all. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan downloads your profile into his Harmony remote, then he uses it to capture the signals using JP1 tools and decodes them. So I can't do that.

So, we'll need to wait for either Alan or chuliu to post the OBC for EXIT, then I can include it.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have obc for exit button, I have back which is obc 10.
I think in Rob's file it was mapped to last_ch, maybe you can map it to exit button for it to work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, BACK is mapped to LAST_CH. I just mapped it to EXIT also.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25120
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC 85 is on the LIVE button, so if that's really EXIT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: